Table of contents:
2023 Author: Alfred Shackley | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-05-21 13:14
Every year more and more people discover varicose veins in themselves, which can be triggered by various factors, for example, heredity, a sedentary lifestyle, excessive exercise, hormonal disruptions, etc.
The main symptoms of the development of the disease include a feeling of heaviness, cramps, vein swelling and skin changes. In the complex therapy, local treatment is included, for which you can use cheap ointments for varicose veins, which are effective.
Remedies for varicose veins
Medication is an important part of comprehensive therapy. It includes taking pills or capsules, as well as using ointments and gels. Treatment with medicines is aimed at minimizing symptoms, reducing the risk of complications, normalizing the functions of the venous wall and improving the processes of blood and lymph circulation.
It is worth noting that pills and other remedies cannot completely eliminate the problem as they reduce clinical problems.
Basically, all drugs can be divided into several groups according to the type of exposure:
- Phlebotonics. Aimed at improving the tone of the venous walls. This group includes Detralex, Venoruton tablets, Troxevasin and others. These funds remove swelling, cramps and burning sensation. In addition, the patient feels lightness in the legs;
- Blood thinning medications. Their action helps to improve the rheological properties of blood. In addition, the funds reduce the risk of blood clots. This group includes Venolife, Lyoton 1000 and Courantil. They help relieve puffiness;
- Anti-inflammatory drugs. The agent belonging to this group helps to reduce swelling, improve blood circulation, and it also reduces the risk of blood clots. An example is Diclofenac and Indomethacin.
Ointments for varicose veins
Such drugs are intended for application to the skin and mucous membranes. They are presented in the form of ointments, pastes, gels and creams. They differ in consistency and proportions. The main components are the fatty base and the active ingredient.
There are several contraindications when local treatment is prohibited. First of all, this concerns the presence of trophic ulcers, which are in an open form. Do not apply if skin lesions are found or if you are allergic to local anesthetics. Do not use drugs for pregnant and breastfeeding women.
Ointments, depending on the effect, are divided into certain groups:
- Medicines based on heparin. They have a resorption effect and reduce the risk of blood clots and venous congestion. The action is provided by the presence of heparin - a natural anticoagulant, which is produced by a medicinal leech. This group includes Heparin ointment, Lioton 1000, etc.;
- Medicines based on venoactive components. As active substances, the extract of horse chestnut, medicinal melilot and butcher's broom is used. They help relieve pain and strengthen blood vessels. A remedy from this group is used in the early stages of varicose veins, as well as as a prophylaxis. It is recommended to use it for pregnant women, as well as for people who do standing work to relieve fatigue. Examples include Venastat, Venitan and Aescin;
- Non-steroidal medications. The active ingredients are indomethacin or diclofenac. This ointment is used as a prophylaxis and for the treatment of thrombophlebitis and thrombosis. Non-steroidal medications help relieve inflammation and pain. This group includes Indomethacin ointment, Diclofenac gel, Fastum gel, etc.;
- Based on glucocorticoid hormones. This cream has a powerful anti-inflammatory and antihistamine effect. It is used only after a doctor's prescription and at the indicated dosage, since there are many contraindications and side effects. This group includes Flucinar and Sinaflan.
Each of the groups presented includes a wide range of drugs, among which several of the most commonly prescribed drugs can be distinguished.
- Heparin ointment. This cream is recommended in the presence of inflammation and blood clots. The rich chemical composition has a positive effect on swollen veins and vascular nodes. Use it 2-3 times a day, rubbing into problem areas with a thin layer. Such a remedy for varicose veins is prohibited if a person has a small number of red blood cells in the plasma, as well as with insufficient blood clotting.
- Vishnevsky ointment. This remedy is one of the most ancient and yet available. It is used for inflammatory and purulent skin diseases. Vishnevsky's ointment for varicose veins is used according to the following scheme: gauze or bandage is taken and folded four times, and a little medicine is applied to it. A compress is applied in the problem area and an elastic bandage is wrapped on top of the leg. The ointment must be kept for 4-6 hours. This remedy is effective, first of all, in the formation of ulcers.
- Troxevasin. If varicose veins are found, then such a cream will effectively cope with inflammation and a feeling of fatigue. Apply it in a small layer to problem areas, and then rub it in with light movements.
- Ichthyol ointment. This cream contains menthol extract, which has an anti-inflammatory and soothing effect, and it also works well for fatigue. To reduce the manifestation of varicose veins, a little of the drug is applied to the problem area and rubbed in a circular motion.
- Hepatrombin. This remedy is used as a prophylaxis for varicose veins, as well as for inflammation with thrombosis and other problems with veins. It helps to remove external inflammation seals. To cope with varicose veins, Hepatrombin is applied 1-3 times a day, rubbing, moving from the bottom up. If the veins are inflamed, then a cream bandage should be applied.
- Venitan cream. The main component for the fight against varicose veins is horse chestnut extract. This medicine has a tonic effect, and it also relieves swelling and has an anti-inflammatory effect.
- Venoruton. This gel for varicose veins has an active substance, which is an organic compound, an analogue of vitamin P. It acts at the cellular level, reducing the permeability of membranes, protecting the venous walls from the negative effects of free radicals. Venoruton helps to increase the tone of the veins, relieve swelling and pain.
- Ginkor gel. The action of the remedy is due to the presence of an extract of the leaves of the ginkgo biloba tree and an analogue of vitamin A. Due to the action of these substances, the permeability of blood vessels and veins decreases, and their tone also increases. In addition, the drug relieves swelling and stops inflammation.
- Lioton 1000. To cope with varicose veins, this drug is prescribed, which reduces the risk of blood clots and phlebitis.
We have presented to your attention the most popular and inexpensive creams and ointments for varicose veins, which can be found in pharmacies.
Remember that medications, even for local treatment, should be selected exclusively by the doctor, since he will be able to take into account the existing contraindications and the individual characteristics of the patient's condition.