Table of contents:
2023 Author: Alfred Shackley | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-05-21 13:14
Varicose veins of the lower extremities is a deformation of the surface of the vessels, which is associated with problems in the functioning of venous valves and impaired blood flow. This disease is the most common vascular pathology among people of working age.
Consider whether conservative treatment of varicose veins of the lower extremities helps to cope with the problem. But first, let's get acquainted with the clinical picture of pathology.
Symptoms of varicose veins
The main signs of varicose veins are the appearance of the following symptoms:
- heavy legs syndrome, feeling of pain and swelling especially at the end of the day;
- the presence of capillary asterisks and vascular network;
- the appearance of veins with a changed shade;
- protrusion of blood vessels above the level of the skin.
It has been proven that the disease can develop over decades.
In order not to lead to the development of complications, it is important to consult a doctor and be examined when the first symptoms appear.
The causes of varicose veins
The reasons for the appearance of this problem on the veins are the following factors:
- heredity in the form of a genetic predisposition to the disease;
- excess weight;
- wearing tight clothing or high-heeled shoes;
- hormonal imbalance and other diseases;
- improper diet or addiction to addictions;
- damage in the form of trauma or inflammation in the body;
- strong physical exertion on the legs during sports exercises or work process;
- sedentary lifestyle or sitting for a long time throughout the day;
- a large number of cholesterol deposits in the blood;
- during pregnancy, when a woman is rapidly gaining extra pounds.
Varicose Veins Treatment: Medical Procedures
Today, many procedures are known that are allowed to be carried out for varicose veins of the lower extremities. Each has its own advantages, but they work best in combination with the use of medications. The final choice in one direction or another should be made by the doctor, only in this case complications and serious consequences can be avoided.
Treatment is carried out using the following popular and at the same time effective procedures:
- Wrapping. A useful and pleasant vein treatment that is equally effective at home or in the salon. You can buy any necessary components in pharmacies. In addition to relaxation, wrapping improves well-being and relieves heaviness in the lower extremities;
- Baths for varicose veins - remove the load on the legs, strengthen blood vessels, relieve swelling and relieve redness. Such treatment of the disease is carried out with the addition of medicinal herbs. The duration of the procedure is 20 minutes. The results will be noticeable only with daily use;
- Physiotherapy for varicose veins is an effective addition to the general program of therapeutic measures. The procedures are painless and inexpensive, but they can only be performed in medical institutions. In the course of treatment, the venous wall is strengthened, and the work of the valves is significantly improved;
- The lower extremities are massaged only with the permission of a phlebologist. The procedure relieves fatigue, normalizes blood circulation and removes the main signs of the disease. The duration of the massage for this disease is 10 minutes.
Conservative treatment of varicose veins: compression therapy
Compression treatment is used not only to combat varicose veins, but also to prevent thrombosis and to get rid of nodes. Such a preventive measure is effective for all vein problems, since there is a pressure point on the legs. As a result, the work of the valves is partially adjusted and the blood flow rate is accelerated. The advantage is the use of such treatment in the later stages, when complications may appear. It is important not to stop wearing stockings even after treatment is completed so that symptoms do not return in the future.
Compression stockings - you can buy such clothes at any medical store, where a specialist will help you choose the right size. Compression garments differ in length and strength. On average, such stockings are worn for 6 months, after this time they stretch and cease to fulfill their functions. Treatment of the disease requires constant wearing of stockings during the day.
Compression bandages - have healing properties on the disease after correct application, only specialists can do this.
Bandages should fit snugly, should not slide off during movement and should not create any discomfort. The advantages of bandages are the following indicators: compression with their help is more effective, application to the veins does not require any effort, as the doctor does, they can be constantly worn without removing, for a week, optimally fit the leg, with a decrease in volume, the lower limbs are pulled …
The disadvantage is not aesthetics, you need to go to the hospital to apply.
Prevention of varicose veins
Knowing the reasons that lead to the onset of the disease, it is important to adhere to some rules that will help maintain the health of the veins for a long time.
Consider what you need to do to prevent varicose veins:
- Daily physical activity. You don't have to go to the gym, just climb the stairs instead of using the elevator, take a walk instead of driving. You can go cycling on weekends. Swimming will have a good effect on the vessels and will also correct the weight;
- In sedentary work, you need to adjust the periods of activity and rest. To facilitate the outflow of blood in the veins, it is recommended to place your legs on a nearby chair. Move about once an hour for 3 minutes. Good results are shown by inconspicuous gymnastics, which can be carried out in a sitting position. Elementary exercises are movements from heels to toes or circular movements of the feet;
- Observe proper nutrition, give up snacks, sandwiches and fatty foods. Strengthen blood vessels by eating foods rich in vitamins C and routine. It is obligatory to consume at least 1.5 liters daily. clean water;
- Uncomfortable shoes or tight clothing should become taboo during the prevention of illness. Walking in high heels or platform shoes should be rare. For daily movement, the height of the heel should not exceed 4 cm.;
- In case of heredity, it is recommended to conduct annual courses of drug prevention, this must be done even before the onset of venous insufficiency;
- To prevent varicose veins during pregnancy, it is recommended to wear special compression tights or stockings. It is recommended to wear such underwear from 2 months. pregnancy. If necessary, you can continue wearing it even after the birth of the baby;
- It is better to give up bad habits, namely smoking or frequent alcohol consumption. In the first case, clogging of blood vessels occurs, and in the second, their sharp expansion and narrowing. All this provokes illness;
- For the normal functioning of the venous vessels, it is recommended to carry out contrast douches. This will keep the veins in good shape.
As you can see, the prevention of varicose veins of the lower extremities is easy to perform. It is important that all these activities become a daily habit, only in this case it will be possible to maintain health for a long time.