Table of contents:
2023 Author: Alfred Shackley | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-05-21 13:14
Hundreds of women all over the planet, in the pursuit of beauty, cause significant harm to their body. Health can be undermined not only by complex surgical interventions or cosmetic procedures. Even the simplest and most widely used hair coloring can cause serious damage to health.
The fact is that any hair dye is a complex chemical compound. Since it is almost impossible to avoid contact of the paint with the scalp, not only the hair is damaged, but the dermis is also at risk. Simply put, you can get a serious scalp burn during the dyeing process.
- redness of the skin;
- severe itching;
- dryness and flaking;
- with more complex burns, nausea and dizziness;
- open wounds of "burnt skin";
- hair loss on the head.
Under what circumstances can scalp burns occur?
Scalp burns occur for exactly the same reasons as burns to any other part of the body:
- boiling water;
- a hot appliance or object;
- chemical burn.
The most specific and rare burn is, perhaps, a chemical one. It is usually associated with work in production or in the laboratory. However, the dermis of the head often suffers from chemical burns. The reason for this is the desire to change the color of the hair.
The main problem is that not only home staining leads to painful consequences. Even having come to a good master in an expensive salon, no one is immune from skin damage.
This happens due to the fact that:
- Each organism is individually sensitive to paint components. It may work for one person, but not for another.
- You can overexpose the substance, thereby damaging the dermis.
What to do to avoid getting burned?
Of course, a woman who decided to change her image will hardly be stopped by stories about skin burns.
However, there are a number of rules that must be followed in order to insure your health:
- It is not recommended to carry out staining at home on your own. The odds of buying bad paint are much higher. The quality of application of the substance is lower. Consequently, the consequences of such an experiment can be the most dire.
- Be very careful to use folk recipes for "dyes" that lighten or change the shade of hair. They tend to act aggressively and pose a serious health threat.
- The edge of the hairline (hairline on the forehead, behind the ears and on the neck) is recommended to be lubricated with a fat cream that will not negatively affect the unprotected dermis.
- If, after applying the paint on the head, you feel a burning sensation, itching or severe tightness, you must urgently wash off the substance.
Head burn treatment
The greatest difficulties arise in a situation when a woman decides to "be patient" and does not wash off the paint even when unpleasant sensations appear. The fact is that the paint can corrode the tissues of the body to the state of open wounds. With such damage, as a rule, the bulbs are destroyed, as a result of which a bald spot appears.
Hair falls out, and new ones do not grow due to the dying off of the bulb. In addition to aesthetic discomfort, this situation leads to severe pain, headache, nausea and general malaise. The treatment of such an injury turns out to be the most difficult and requires an integrated approach.
Therefore, if, after applying the substance to the hair, there is strong discomfort, you cannot tolerate or believe the master who says “this is how it should be”.
The first step is to rinse the hair dye with cool water. Rinse the scalp thoroughly, preferably with natural shampoo and "rinse" with chamomile decoction.
It is best to see a doctor immediately. He will assess the extent of the lesion and prescribe the appropriate treatment.
If there are no blisters and ulcers, but the head is red and bakes, you can try to treat the burn yourself, but if the symptoms do not go away within a couple of days, the help of a specialist is needed.
In case of peeling, redness, burning and tightness of the scalp after painting, it is recommended to use the same drugs that are prescribed for thermal burns.
Namely, treatment involves the use of:
- Ointment Panthenol;
- Syntomecin ointment;
- Suprastin (externally; with general malaise - orally);
- Methyluracil ointment;
The drug list can be very long. The main thing to remember is that if the skin is damaged by paint, it is necessary to clean it and cool it, and then apply an antibacterial, anti-inflammatory agent. Additionally, you can use an antihistamine.
The most harmless is Diazolin. It can be taken orally as directed. Any antihistamine ointment can be used. After that, you can use healing agents. They are offered by both the pharmaceutical industry and cosmetic companies specializing in hair care.
If it is not possible to go to the pharmacy, there are folk remedies that can also help alleviate the symptoms of injury:
- Chamomile decoction;
- St. John's wort decoction;
- Aloe juice;
- Coconut or sea buckthorn oil.
If the skin is just dry and tight, you can use oils or even a regular baby cream. In case of redness, herbal teas are suitable, since they will soothe the skin well. Aloe juice is suitable for any wounds, as it is an excellent antiseptic.
In any case, the treatment is recommended to be carried out under the supervision of a doctor.
If possible, you should purchase a natural shampoo without any additives and wash your hair with it until it heals. A natural mask with a calming effect is also suitable. After a burn, it is highly discouraged to use classic shampoos containing many irritating components.
For some time after injury, you will have to give up painting until the skin is completely restored.
In case of serious damage and the appearance of a bald spot, do not despair - modern medicine offers hair transplant. When the dermis heals after injuries, healthy bulbs are transplanted to the damaged areas and hair reappears there.
- If this kind of injury was received while visiting a salon or a certain master, then such "professionals" should be avoided in the future, since such a result indicates their incompetence.
- Do not paint yourself at home with dubious products. It is better to pay a good master to dye than to be hairless.
- Use gentle paints.
- Before painting, it is recommended not to wash your hair for several days, then natural sebum will protect against the negative effects of chemical compounds.
- Treat the hairline with a greasy cream.
- At the first sensations of discomfort, wash off the substance from the hair.
In general, no matter how scary it may sound, staining can even be fatal. Cases were recorded when, after staining, due to edema of the scalp under the influence of "chemistry", there was a cerebral edema. There was no time to save such patients. Of course, statistically, these are very rare cases, but you can never neglect taking care of your health.
You should be very careful in choosing a master, material and avoid experimentation. If it is possible to avoid staining (natural hair color is quite beautiful, gray hair has not yet appeared) - it is better to preserve natural beauty and health.