Table of contents:
- Reasons for the formation of sand in the gallbladder
- Symptoms and Treatment for Sand in the Gallbladder
- Diet for sand and gallstones
- Treatment of sand in the gallbladder with proven folk remedies
- Removal of sand and small stones from the gallbladder with oats
2023 Author: Alfred Shackley | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-05-21 13:14
Sand and stones in the gallbladder are a rather dangerous pathology that may not manifest itself for a long time. Gallstone disease is called cholelithiasis. When exacerbated, it causes severe discomfort and requires treatment.
Reasons for the formation of sand in the gallbladder
Bile is composed of cholesterol, bile acids, soluble calcium salts, and bilirubin. Disruption of the normal ratio of these elements is the cause of the formation of sand. The appearance of sand occurs when the pH of bile changes to the acidic side. The latter occurs when outflow is disturbed and stagnant.
Pathological changes can be provoked by:
- unbalanced diet;
- unhealthy and sedentary lifestyle;
- deficiency of vitamins, etc.
Through animal fats and fried food, the body receives cholesterol, but its excess leads to the appearance of sand, from which cholesterol stones are subsequently formed.
The reasons for the appearance of sand can be hidden in the inflammatory processes of the liver (eg cirrhosis), which lead to an increase in the concentration of unconjugated bilirubin, an excess of which leads to the formation of sand and pigment stones.
A change in the pH of bile occurs when it is stagnant.
The latter is provoked by: inflammatory diseases of the bladder, adhesions, blockage of the bile ducts, etc. Congestion is observed in inactive and obese people.
The physiological composition of bile can change under the influence of female sex hormones, namely estrogens, since they inhibit the synthesis of bile acids. So the reasons may be hidden in the use of oral contraceptives.
Symptoms and Treatment for Sand in the Gallbladder
As a rule, pathology makes itself felt when there are large moving stones. Their advancement provokes the strongest pain syndrome - hepatic colic, which is of a sharp, acute character, radiates to the scapula, shoulder, right hypochondrium.
Against the background of hepatic colic:
- pulse quickens;
- blood pressure drops;
- loss of consciousness may occur.
The attack requires the administration of antispasmodics and analgesics.
Usually, the pain syndrome goes away as abruptly as it appears. The duration of the attack does not exceed half an hour, then moderate pain or slight discomfort persists. If the pain persists, then the attack continues.
The symptoms of gallstone disease include non-infectious jaundice:
- the shade of the sclera, skin changes;
- there is a bitter taste in the mouth.
Very often, it is these signs that help to identify the disease in the early stages.
First of all, if sand is suspected, a blood test is prescribed to exclude infectious processes in the liver. The presence of sand / stones is confirmed by ultrasound. CT and MRI scans may also be prescribed. Treatment is selected based on the results obtained.
How to prevent stones and remove gallbladder sand
When the diagnosis is confirmed, therapy is carried out according to standard schemes.
This is based on preparations of bile acids and means with an extract of sand immortelle, anti-inflammatory, and in case of hepatic colic - analgesics and antispasmodics.
- Preparations based on bile acids will help to remove sand - first of all, urso- and chenodeoxycholic acid (pr. Henochol, Henosan, Henofalk, Ursofalk, Ursosan). These balance the ratio with cholesterol. Usually, both acids are used simultaneously: this way the normal physiological composition of bile is restored faster, the stones dissolve right in the bladder. However, it is forbidden to use them in the presence of calculi, the size of which exceeds 1 ½ cm, as well as in case of loss of bladder tone. A direct contraindication is the presence of a stone in the neck of the organ;
- Treatment includes drugs that stimulate the production of bile acids by liver cells (hepatocytes), such as Ziflan. It includes the aforementioned sandy immortelle. This plant contains a large amount of flavonoids, so it includes therapy with folk remedies. The immortelle has a hepatoprotective, antispasmodic and choleretic effect. In addition, preparations based on the immortelle aid in the processing of cholesterol. Thanks to these, bile liquefies, its composition is normalized, small stones are destroyed, and they are excreted;
- Choleretic drugs are prescribed with extreme caution in the presence of calculi. This is due to the fact that they can provoke a shift in the latter and the appearance of hepatic colic. But in the presence of sand, such are necessarily assigned;
- Litolytic medications cannot be combined with oral contraceptives that include estrogen. The influence of the latter has already been mentioned above;
- If necessary, symptomatic remedies are used. These include analgesics (Analgin, Baralgin) and antispasmodics (Spazgan, No-shpa). They can be injected intramuscularly for the early onset of the effect, if the patient's condition requires it.
Progressive gallstone disease requires crushing stones with a shock wave or laser method. In difficult situations, resection of the gallbladder is performed.
Diet for sand and gallstones
Lack of healthy habits is one of the provoking factors, therefore, sand treatment always includes diet therapy. The basic principle of nutrition is to limit cholesterol-rich foods. First of all, exclude from the diet:
- fatty meats and fish (pork, lamb and trout, salmon, respectively);
- fried foods.
The menu should be full of fruits, vegetables, herbs. Vegetable fats such as sunflower and olive oil are preferred. Occasionally, you can cook dishes from lean meat and lean fish, but they should not be overused.
The diet should be balanced, include microelements and vitamins necessary for the body. Retinol (vitamin A) plays an important role in the prevention of cholelithiasis. It is responsible for the normal functioning of the epithelium, including the layer in the gallbladder. Eating foods rich in retinol can help thin bile.
In the chronic course of the disease, the diet requires enrichment of the diet with magnesium. It relieves the tone of the smooth muscle layer of the bladder, the duct, normalizing their motor skills and preventing the appearance of spastic pain. Also, magnesium helps to stop inflammation.
Exacerbation of the disease requires the appointment of a treatment table No. 5 or No. 5a. Medical nutrition excludes:
- limits harmful products - stimulating the formation of calculi and contraction of the walls of the organ.
Treatment of sand in the gallbladder with proven folk remedies
Alternative medicine prescriptions effectively complement drug therapy. Only the attending physician is able to select these, based on the specific situation.
- Some plants are capable of thinning bile, have choleretic and cholelithic effects, for example, corn silk. But you need to use them carefully, since in the presence of stones, they stimulate their advance.
- Black radish juice is widely used for diseases of the gallbladder. It has a strong choleretic effect, but is used only in remission of pathology and in the presence of small stones.
- It is worth noting that all yellow / orange fruits and plants have a choleretic effect to one degree or another. During an exacerbation of the disease or in the presence of large stones, their use should be limited. At the same time, such foods and herbs can be effectively applied to sand. For example, for this purpose, a decoction of carrot seeds or its juice diluted with water is used.
- Treatment can be carried out using herbal preparations. These should include flowers of tansy and immortelle, rose hips and strawberries.
Removal of sand and small stones from the gallbladder with oats
You can cleanse the organ at home with the help of an infusion of oats.
- To do this, you need to thoroughly rinse 1 glass of cereal and pour 3 liters of hot boiled water.
- After that, the mixture is put on a small fire, brought to a boil and kept on the stove for about half an hour.
- Then the composition is removed from the heat, left to cool, and then filtered.
- You need to drink the medicine warm.
- You need to drink up to 1 ½ liter of broth per day.
It is worth noting that cleaning with such products may be accompanied by mild nausea and tingling in the right hypochondrium.
I wish you health and well-being!