Table of contents:
- What is metabolism, what factors affect its speed
- Metabolism boosting tablets
- The most effective drugs to speed up metabolism
- How to take metabolic pills
2023 Author: Alfred Shackley | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-05-21 13:14
In the fight against obesity, a balanced diet and physical activity are of great importance. But there are times when this does not help due to the slow metabolism. In such cases, tablets are used to speed up the metabolism.
What is metabolism, what factors affect its speed
Metabolism is a set of chemical reactions that occur in the body to support life. In these reactions, some substances are converted into others, i.e. there is a metabolism. Its speed is determined by the rate of progress of the reactions. This process goes on without stopping, regardless of whether the person is sleeping or working. Any breakdown in metabolism prevents the body from functioning normally.
The metabolic rate depends on the following factors:
- Genetic predisposition - diseases that affect metabolism are inherited.
- Gender - Men tend to metabolize faster than women.
- Age - the older a person is, the more metabolic processes slow down.
- Body weight - the more weight, the more energy is required for life.
- Muscle Mass - Muscle burns more calories than adipose tissue under the same load.
- Lifestyle - a sedentary lifestyle, lack of physical activity and vigorous activity in the fresh air slow down metabolic processes.
- Exercise - Strength and cardio will speed up your metabolism.
- Hormonal disorders - malfunctions of the thyroid and pancreas affect metabolic processes.
- Frequency of meals - after each meal, the body speeds up the metabolism.
- Psychological factors - depression, stress, chronic fatigue syndrome affect metabolism.
- Drinking regime - with a lack of clean drinking water in the body, the metabolism slows down.
Metabolism boosting tablets
There are no special medications to speed up the metabolism. This indicator is individual: a slow metabolism is not a disease, but a symptom, therefore there are no specific means for its treatment. There are various dietary supplements (biologically active food additives) designed to speed up the process, but they have no proven effectiveness.
As drugs that accelerate the metabolism, drugs are used for other diseases, which, as an additional action, normalize the metabolism. These are mainly hormones, stimulants, anabolic steroids and anabolic steroids. Sometimes antidepressants and psychostimulants are used.
Metabolic hormone tablets are designed to regulate the functions of the pituitary gland, thyroid and pancreas. These drugs should be used only if there are appropriate symptoms, since in a healthy person they can cause serious disruptions in the body's functioning. In addition, with such treatment, side effects are often found (sweating, depression, heart palpitations, low-grade fever, etc.). Hormonal drugs can only be prescribed by an endocrinologist, without his advice, it is prohibited to use them
- Anabolics stimulate protein metabolism and are used to build muscle mass. The active ingredients of such drugs are both hormone-based and non-hormonal. Doctors prescribe anabolic steroids for exhaustion, postoperative recovery, slow healing of burns and wounds, osteoporosis, and oncological diseases. Their uncontrolled intake threatens health problems, leads to hormonal imbalance, upset of the gastrointestinal tract, nervous system, liver, kidneys, high blood pressure and other unpleasant consequences. In addition, anabolic steroids are addictive.
- Steroids, created on the basis of synthetic hormones, are used by athletes to "dry" the body and lose weight quickly. They were originally created to treat disorders associated with insufficient testosterone production. They also have a number of side effects.
- Stimulants (for example, drugs based on caffeine, echinacea, ginseng, rhodiola rosea) help speed up all metabolic processes in the body, but they also have many side effects. Stimulants do not have a fat burning effect, they affect the breakdown of essential nutrients. Addictive.
- Antidepressants can help you lose weight if the cause of excess weight is "seizing" stress, depression or apathy. A side effect of some drugs is a decrease in appetite. However, most antidepressants slow down the metabolism, not speed it up. Then, together with them, psychostimulants are used, which accelerate the metabolism.
The most effective drugs to speed up metabolism
- Tavamin is a preparation based on 4 amino acids. Acts as an antioxidant, hepatoprotector, membrane stabilizer, stimulates protein metabolism. It is prescribed for the treatment of the liver.
- Liponorm contains amino acids, minerals, vitamins, herbs. Normalizes metabolism, reduces blood sugar and cholesterol, promotes weight loss. The drug is not addictive and does not have a so-called withdrawal syndrome.
- Levocarnitine is an amino acid. A medicine similar in structure and action to vitamins of group B. It accelerates metabolism, provides an increase in muscle mass, acts only on fats, without destroying proteins and carbohydrates. However, it increases appetite and has side effects. It is effective only in cases where excess weight is caused by carnitine deficiency.
- Tribestan is a herbal preparation that improves metabolic processes, lowers blood cholesterol levels, increases the overall tone of the body, resistance to stress, and normalizes hormones. It is considered especially beneficial for women's health.
- Danabol is a drug based on methandrostenolone, an anabolic steroid drug. It activates the synthesis of proteins and glycogen from glucose, almost no effect on fats. Side effects: increases appetite, has an androgenic effect.
- Lecithin is a phospholipid complex. For weight loss it is used for a number of metabolic disorders (obesity, muscular dystrophy), and in sports - to increase muscle endurance. There are no contraindications.
- Glucophage is a metmorphine-based drug used to treat diabetes mellitus. Enhances glucose utilization, normalizes fat metabolism. It is dangerous to take without the appointment of a specialist.
How to take metabolic pills
Metabolics as drugs for weight loss must be taken in accordance with the instructions for use and only as directed by a doctor. General recommendations when taking them are to eat healthy and limit the intake of easily digestible carbohydrates.
You need to eat 5 times a day in small portions. Alcoholic drinks are prohibited. It is important to drink enough clean non-carbonated water (at least 2 liters per day).
The tablets should be drunk before meals several times a day, unless otherwise indicated in the instructions for use. It is advisable to take them before physical activity. Some drugs can only be taken in the morning.
Any change in well-being and the occurrence of side effects must be reported to the attending physician. A doctor's consultation is also advisable if the drug is prescribed by a trainer. If symptoms of an overdose appear, the metabolism should be stopped immediately.
- Individual intolerance to the components.
- Propensity for allergic reactions.
- Cardiovascular diseases.
- Diseases of the kidneys and liver.
- Hormonal Disorders.
- Cerebral circulation disorders.
- Breastfeeding period.
- Children, adolescence and old age (except when the drug is prescribed by a doctor).
We must not forget that any person has individual characteristics of the body, and even a harmless drug can cause significant harm to health. Therefore, only a doctor can prescribe tablets for metabolism.