Table of contents:
- The benefits and composition of salad
- Calorie content of Caesar salad
- How to reduce calories
- What will increase the calorie content of the salad
2023 Author: Alfred Shackley | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-05-21 13:14
Caesar is one of the most popular salads in the world. The classic chicken recipe has a relatively low energy value, but in fact, Caesar's calorie content varies depending on the recipe. In order not to gain extra pounds, check out the varieties of this salad and ways to make it more dietary.
The benefits and composition of salad
Vitamins and minerals included in the composition, benefits for the body
|Lettuce leaves||Vitamins K and C, carotene, folic acid|
|Eggs||Protein, minerals and fatty acids|
|Lemon juice||Vitamin C|
|Garlic||Reduces blood cholesterol levels, improves the functioning of the immune system, normalizes blood pressure, and reduces the risk of blood clots in blood vessels|
|Cheese||Phosphorus and calcium|
|Olive oil||Vitamin E|
Eating a salad prepared according to the classic recipe will help fill the lack of animal fats, proteins, vitamins and minerals without gaining extra pounds.
Calorie content of Caesar salad
The main components of the salad are:
- lettuce, arugula or Chinese cabbage;
- chicken fillet, beef, bacon or shrimp;
- rye, bran or wheat croutons;
- purchased or self-made sauce, mayonnaise.
The calorie content of Caesar with chicken per 100 grams is 179 kcal, and it differs significantly, for example, from a dish with bacon.
Consider how many calories are in different types of Caesar salad:
|Main ingredient||Calorie content per 100 grams||Protein||Fats||Carbohydrates|
|Without meat||158||6, 8||6, 3||19, 2|
|Hen||179||16, 8||10, 9||3, 7|
|Bacon||337||10, 7||29, 8||6, 2|
|Boiled shrimp||83||8, 8||3, 3||4, 3|
|Salmon||95||7, 2||6, 4||2, 1|
How to reduce calories
To reduce the calorie content of Caesar, it is recommended to add a self-prepared dressing to the salad. To do this, mix 2 yolks in a bowl, 1 tbsp each. l. sugar and mustard, 2 tbsp. l. vinegar, then add 100 ml of olive oil to the mixture. This sauce can be used in any Caesar salad recipe.
Also, to reduce calorie content, you must:
- give preference to lean meat, boiled shrimp and cheese with a low percentage of fat;
- reduce the volume of cheese and croutons by increasing the number of lettuce leaves;
- use diet bread, rye or bran bread to make croutons;
- do not fry the crackers, but bake in the oven.
The correct choice of products will help make the dish as light as possible and saturate the body with useful substances.
What will increase the calorie content of the salad
The energy value increases if:
- for dressing the dish, not a self-prepared special sauce is used, but ordinary mayonnaise;
- the main ingredient instead of chicken is bacon or shrimp fried in oil;
- pine nuts or mushrooms are added to the dish;
- for cooking, white bread croutons fried in butter are used.
Using white bread, fatty meats and store-bought mayonnaise not only increases the number of calories, but also significantly reduces the beneficial qualities of the dish.