Table of contents:
- What is Polysorb and why is it taken
- Is it possible to lose weight with the help of Polisorb
- Disadvantages of using the drug
- How to take Polysorb for weight loss
- What results to expect
- Contraindications to the use of Polisorb
2023 Author: Alfred Shackley | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-05-21 13:14
Currently, there are a huge number of means of dealing with extra pounds. This includes adherence to traditional diets and taking medications. One of the means for losing weight is Polysorb, which has recently been gaining more and more popularity.
What is Polysorb and why is it taken
Polysorb refers to semi-functional non-selective and inorganic enterosorbents - drugs that neutralize toxic substances in the intestines.
Polysorb is a powder from which a mixture is prepared for internal intake. It is amorphous and light, odorless, white or slightly bluish in color. When combined with liquid and agitated, a cloudy mixture is obtained.
The tool is used for:
- acute and chronic intoxication;
- acute poisoning with heavy metals, toxic substances, alcohol, drugs;
- viral hepatitis and various types of jaundice;
- food and drug allergies;
- chronic renal failure;
- purulent-septic diseases with severe intoxication.
Is it possible to lose weight with the help of Polisorb
The instructions do not indicate that Polisorb can be used as a means for losing weight. Nevertheless, many use it in the fight against extra pounds and achieve results.
Once in the stomach, the substance swells, approximately 4 times in volume. The brain receives a signal of satiety, thereby reducing the feeling of hunger. Then Polysorb moves along the intestinal tract and absorbs everything unnecessary and harmful, like a sponge, and then removes it from the body. Thus, he conducts high-quality cleaning. The intestines are cleansed, working more actively, which contributes to weight loss.
However, Polysorb is not an independent weight loss product. It must be combined with physical activity and a balanced diet.
Disadvantages of using the drug
By itself, the drug does not bring any harm to the body. But before using it, check out the possible side effects and disadvantages of this method of losing weight:
- If you drink Polysorb at the same time as some medications, it can reduce their effectiveness.
- Very rarely, it can cause constipation or allergies.
- If you take the remedy for a long time, the absorption of vitamins and calcium may be disrupted in the body. You will have to additionally drink calcium supplements and multivitamins for prevention.
How to take Polysorb for weight loss
The powder in a glass is poured with warm water and stirred until completely dissolved.
- For a mass up to 60 kg - 1 tbsp. l. half a glass of water;
- more than 60 kg - 2 tbsp. l. for 1 glass of water.
You need to drink the mixture three times a day one hour before meals. The duration of the course is 2 weeks. To maximize the effect, at the time of taking Polisorb, you should completely abandon junk food with a high calorie content (fried, fatty, smoked). The break between courses of taking the drug should be at least 2 weeks.
Each new portion must be prepared before the actual use, because even if the mixture is stored later in the refrigerator, it will lose its beneficial properties.
If constipation appears a few days after the start of the intake, you should reduce the dose and enrich your daily diet with more fiber-containing foods (vegetables).
Do not think that the more and longer you drink Polysorb, the more effective you will be to lose weight. Violation of the dosage and duration of admission can lead to the destruction of the intestinal microflora and, as a result, to a deficiency of vitamins and microelements.
What results to expect
If you do not change your lifestyle and diet, then after taking Polisorb, you will be able to reduce weight by 2-3 kg. In this case, this will happen mainly due to cleansing the body and removing excess fluid.
Contraindications to the use of Polisorb
Taking the drug is prohibited when:
- an exacerbated phase of a stomach or duodenal ulcer;
- individual intolerance to the drug;
- bleeding in the gastrointestinal tract;
- decrease in intestinal motility.