Table of contents:
- What is muesli
- What muesli can you eat while losing weight
- Calorie content
- Muesli diet for 7 days
- Muesli diet for 14 days
2023 Author: Alfred Shackley | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-05-21 13:14
Muesli is the best option for a quick, tasty and healthy breakfast that will fill the body with energy and not make you feel heavy. However, many cereal mixtures contain sugar, chocolate, candied fruits, caramel and various oils, which significantly increase the calorie content of the dish. Is muesli really good for weight loss? It's time to figure it out.
What is muesli
Muesli is a mixture of cereals processed in a special way for better soaking in milk with pieces of dried berries and fruits, nuts and bran, sometimes with the addition of honey syrup. The base is most often oats.
Muesli is prepared in 2 ways:
- without processing - consist of ground components;
- baked - cereals are combined with honey and natural juices, after which they are baked at low temperatures. Baked muesli include granola and crunch, for example.
What muesli can you eat while losing weight
Muesli has many beneficial properties resulting from their composition:
- Cereals - saturate the body with fiber, magnesium and vitamins, improve brain function. Oat bran helps to remove toxins from the body and reduce cholesterol levels.
- Dried berries and fruits - prevent an increase in glucose levels in the body, replenish the lack of vitamins.
- Nuts and seeds - eliminate the feeling of hunger, increase the production of insulin, are a source of fatty acids that have a positive effect on the condition of hair, nails, skin, nervous system and blood vessels.
Gaining excess weight can occur due to the use of flakes with an unnatural composition. Weight loss muesli contains minimal amounts of flavors, sweeteners and colors.
Also choose flakes that contain up to 15 g of sugar and less than 10 g of fat per 100 g of the finished product.
Avoid extra-cooked flakes fried in oil - they have a higher calorie content.
Muesli with coconut, palm or vegetable oil in the composition not only does not contribute to weight loss, but also negatively affects the work of the cardiovascular system.
Muesli can really be eaten while losing weight, but only if they:
- contain a minimum amount of sugar and synthetic additives in the composition;
- consumed for breakfast, in accordance with the daily intake.
Due to its high nutritional value, even a small portion of muesli can saturate the body with a large amount of vitamins and trace elements, and complex carbohydrates in the composition can energize it for the whole day, which will help reduce the risk of overeating in other meals.
The calorie content of muesli depends on the type of processing and additives used in preparing breakfast:
Average calorie content per 100 g of finished product
In total, dry unprocessed muesli contains 300-350 kcal; in heat-treated flakes, the calorie content reaches up to 460 kcal.
100 g of a granola bar contains about 421 kcal, so if you are losing weight, you should avoid eating cereals in this form. To reduce weight, also eliminate cereals with chocolate, cocoa, large amounts of salt or sugar from the diet.
Diet muesli can be prepared on your own, choosing the components, taking into account individual preferences. Consider what recipes will help you lose weight.
To prepare a serving for 1 person, take 150 g of oatmeal or cereal mixture, 20 g each of nuts, coconut pulp and honey.
- Finely chop the coconut pulp and crush the nuts, mix with the flakes.
- Melt the honey and add to the main mixture.
- Place the resulting composition on a baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes at a temperature of 190 ° C.
This muesli can be used as a dry snack between main meals, added to fruit salads, poured with kefir or natural yogurt.
For the recipe, you will need 25 g of oat and rye bran, 2 tbsp. l. fresh or frozen blueberries, 4-7 pieces of dried apricots and 250 ml of milk.
- Put dried apricots in boiling water for 10 minutes, then chop finely.
- Add blueberries and flakes to dried apricots, pour the mixture with warm milk.
- Let it brew for 10-15 minutes.
- 2 tbsp. l. steamed dried fruits in boiling water for 25 minutes, then finely chopped.
- Mix with large cereal flakes (100 g), oat bran and flaxseed (1 tsp each), pour 200 ml of yogurt.
- Insist the ready-made mixture for 2-4 hours.
For muesli to help you lose weight, choose natural, non-fat yogurt without additives.
Eating muesli with kefir is one of the best weight loss recipes.
- Mix 50 g of flakes and 15 g of dried fruit.
- Pour the mixture with 200 ml of fat-free kefir.
- Put in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours.
Breakfast cereals with kefir normalize the work of the stomach and intestines and stabilize the functions of the digestive tract as a whole.
Muesli diet for 7 days
|50-70 g flakes with water||200 ml chicken broth;
|1 orange or grapefruit||50 g muesli with kefir;
25 g low-fat cheese
Choose vegetables and fruits for your diet based on personal preference. Stick to this menu for no more than 1 week, in the future you can continue to regularly eat muesli for breakfast.
In 7 days, you can get rid of 5 extra pounds. To consolidate the result obtained, do a weekly fasting day for muesli, while drinking at least 2 liters of water per day.
Muesli diet for 14 days
|Day||Breakfast||Dinner||Dinner||Afternoon snack||Evening snack|
|1 and 4||3 tbsp. l. muesli;
100 ml of natural yogurt;
1 boiled egg
|50 g of boiled fish;
100 g stewed cabbage
|3 tbsp. l. flakes;
150 ml low-fat kefir
|1 fresh carrot||200 ml of carrot juice with 2 tbsp. l. flakes|
|2 and 5||3 tbsp. l. flakes;
100 ml yogurt;
50 g fresh fruit
|200 g pumpkin porridge;
25 g hard cheese
|3 tbsp. l. flakes;
20 g nuts, water
|1 peach||200 ml of apple juice;
2 tbsp. l. flakes
|3 and 6||3 tbsp. l. dry breakfast;
200 ml of kefir;
20 g cheese
|200 g of oatmeal in the water;
green tea without sugar
|3 tbsp. l. flakes;
20 g dried apricots;
150 ml curdled milk
|1 apple||1 tbsp. l. muesli;
20 g raspberries;
100 g milk
|7 and 10||Applesauce with 2 tbsp. l. dry breakfast||60 g of steamed fish;
150 g stewed vegetables
|Pumpkin porridge with 2 tbsp. l. muesli||3 plums||1 banana and 1 peach drink|
|8 and 11||2 tbsp. l. flakes;
150 g fat-free cottage cheese
|1 boiled potato;
100 g cooked chicken fillet
|200 ml soup with vegetables and chicken||1 baked apple||2 tbsp. l. flakes;
100 ml yogurt;
20 g dried apricots
|9 and 12||Cocktail made from 1 banana, 1 apple and 3 tbsp. l. muesli||Salad of 2 eggs, 1 grated carrot and 10 g of crackers, seasoned with 1 tbsp. l. sour cream||200 ml of kefir;
2 tbsp. l. flakes
|3 tangerines||150 ml pomegranate juice|
|13 and 14||50 g berries;
150 g of cottage cheese;
3 tbsp. l. flakes
|2 egg omelet with tomato||Stew of 1 potato, 1 pepper and 100 g chicken||1 egg and 150 ml of carrot juice||150 ml yogurt;
2 tbsp. l. muesli
In 2 weeks, you can lose weight by 4-8 kilograms - the result depends on the initial weight and the individual characteristics of the losing weight. The diet is easily tolerated, since the diet includes all the nutrients necessary for the normal functioning of the body.
The use of properly selected or self-prepared breakfast cereals, in combination with physical activity and proper nutrition, will help to achieve the desired weight without harm to health.