Table of contents:
2023 Author: Alfred Shackley | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-05-21 13:14
Among the many diseases of the organs of vision, there are even those that impair vigilance, acting on each eye individually. Therefore, it turns out that a person sees with each eye differently.
This condition is called amblyopia or lazy eye. Let's consider the main reasons for this phenomenon.
Causes of the disease
Among the large number of prerequisites, squint occupies a separate place. Both eyes see different images of the environment, information is transmitted to the brain for processing.
It is there that the analysis of friendly images takes place, and we get a whole volumetric picture of what we see.
If the brain receives two different data streams, it is difficult for it to put together a "broken puzzle" and it chooses one thing.
At this time, the collection of material through one of the organs of vision is turned off, it seems to recede into the background, participating less and less in creating the integrity of the picture. And there is a gradual decrease in the vigilance of the "retired" eye.
Another reason may be a congenital eye disease, for example, cataracts, retinopathy of premature babies, corneal leucorrhoea, drooping of the upper eyelid. In children, all organ systems are not fully formed, and such diseases are serious obstacles to the full development of vision.
If one eye is affected by one of these ailments, less light enters its retina, which serves a bad service in the integral perception of the environment. And again there is a gradual shutdown of the function of the diseased eye, the result of which will be different vision in the eyes.
Sometimes a bad mood and a desire to demonstrate how tired everything is, can lead to temporary amblyopia. Hysteria arising from severe stress affects not only the psyche, but also the senses. At the same time, there is a narrowing of the visual fields; a decrease in vigilance in one or both eyes.
No wonder there is an opinion that all diseases are from nerves. There is such a disease as nystagmus. These are small movements of the eyeballs that cannot be controlled, provoked by brain diseases, trauma and intoxication. Such a disorder, affecting one or two organs of vision, disrupts the normal functioning of the brain, it does not have time to process information behind a constantly moving eye and tries to reduce the load on the latter. The result will be amblyopia.
Symptoms in children
- The child cannot focus on bright objects;
- poorly oriented in a new place;
- can close one eye when reading;
- while watching the program sits slightly sideways to the screen.
Children still do not know how to actually see, they cannot complain to their parents about the decrease in vision in one eye and “twist” as much as they can.
Symptoms in adults
- Deterioration of vision in one eye;
- Poor representation of the volume of surrounding things;
- Inability or partial loss of the ability to determine the distance to objects;
- Doubling before the eyes;
Statistics show that the following groups of children most often have eye damage:
- Very premature, underweight;
- With delays in neuropsychic development;
- With a burdened perinatal history (there were some "troubles" for the child in childbirth);
- With cerebral palsy;
- With congenital eye diseases, for example, retinopathy of prematurity;
- With a burdened family history (poor heredity, the next of kin have amblyopia);
- Children with myopia or hyperopia, strabismus, astigmatism;
- Children whose mother smoked or drank alcohol during pregnancy, especially in the first trimester of pregnancy, when all organs and systems in the body of the embryo are laid.
It is possible to correct this pathology in the early stages of its appearance in a conservative way.
For this, the following methods are used.
- Forcibly "turning off" the sharper eye, for example, with the help of bandages;
- Weakening of vision is better than the seeing organ with the help of somewhat enhanced measures: instillation of special drops or wearing lenses selected by an ophthalmologist, which reduce the acuity of perception. This makes the healthy eye "sink" to the level of the affected one, so that the brain begins to perceive the whole picture of the environment again, albeit a little blurry;
- Computer therapy using treatment programs;
- Laser electrical stimulation, forcing both eyes to work equally.
All procedures and appointments are made by a doctor; you cannot independently proceed to the above-described treatment methods in order to avoid complications.
Blueberry juice, tincture of cornflower and eyebright flowers, homemade red currant wine, juice from young nettle leaves, black currant juice will improve vision or at least prevent it from deteriorating.
Take a handful of fresh rosemary leaves and steep for 48 hours in a liter of white wine. Take a tablespoon before meals.
Take 5 teaspoons of hernia herb and 2 tablespoons of eyebright. Let it brew for a couple of hours in half a liter of boiling water. It is recommended to drink 1 glass every day before breakfast.
Take a couple of tablespoons of parsley, pour a glass of water and put on fire. When boiling for 2-3 minutes, then remove and let cool to a tolerable temperature. Take for a long time, one glass a day before meals.
Walnuts help well not only to restore vision, but also to cleanse the body. Eat a handful of nuts every day after meals.
If you have already had amblyopia or heard about it for the first time and want to save your eyes, follow these simple recommendations.
See an ophthalmologist at least once a year. Having spent a couple of hours visiting the clinic, you will be completely sure that nothing threatens your health.
Enrich your diet with vegetables and fruits, make sure that the menu contains carrots, apricot juice and parsley.
They are sources of microelements and vitamins necessary for the visual analyzer.
Observe the daily routine and rest: take a break while working at the computer and reading books, writing documents and performing other important tasks that require visual stress.
Spend more time outdoors in the summer, the rich color of greenery has a beneficial effect on the eyes.
The return of vision depends on many nuances, the following factors provide a favorable course:
- Timely contact with an ophthalmologist and early initiation of therapy;
- Strict adherence to doctor's orders;
- The age at which the disease appeared (the younger the patient, the higher the chance of returning vision, because the ability to regenerate tissues in children is much higher due to the sufficient resources of their body);
- Initially good visual acuity, the better people saw before treatment, the more favorable the outcome.
Amblyopia is often a symptom of the underlying disease. And it must and must be treated only by eliminating the root cause.
An experienced ophthalmologist will determine what caused different vision in the eyes and prescribe the appropriate treatment, and at home you can maintain your health by taking vitamins and enriching your diet with products that are beneficial for vision.