Table of contents:
2023 Author: Alfred Shackley | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-05-21 13:14
The bathhouse has many positive effects on a healthy body, but many people, seemingly not ill, notice that after visiting the steam room, the organs of vision begin to watery and fester. Why do unpleasant symptoms appear?
Every day the organs of vision are protected from dust and dryness by a protective film. She is a kind of barrier, taking a hit on herself.
High temperatures and unusual for the mucous membrane humidity in the bath make the lacrimal glands secrete secretions more intensively, activating metabolic processes.
It happens that this discharge is mistaken for pus.
But in some cases, the eyes really start to fester.
After all, the atmosphere of the bath predisposes to the fact that the body first relaxes, and then it is subjected to a load of temperature and humidity, which is why microorganisms of conditionally pathogenic flora begin to work actively (every person has it and leads to diseases only when immunity is weakened) and “wake up »Untreated diseases.
Why does pus discharge after the bath?
- Allergy. It occurs after non-observance of the rules of personal hygiene in the bath: other people's oils, a broom, soap or shampoo are not worth it to eliminate the consequences later. Sometimes even stones can provoke allergic suppuration;
- Conjunctivitis. The exacerbation of a subsided disease or its appearance for the first time will "help" the same violations of personal hygiene: common towels or dirty water in the bath are a carrier of infections from one person to another, and pathogens remain in those whose bodies are most weakened to their effects;
- Herpes, fungal keratitis are also fond of temperature changes and situations that are unusual for the human body. After the bath, the listed diseases can easily provoke suppuration;
- A corneal ulcer is a disease caused by an untreated, neglected eye injury. Has dire consequences: complete blindness. It is not recommended to visit the bathhouse until recovery;
- Burns of the cornea due to the high temperature in the bath;
- Some people have an innate feature - increased secretion of the lacrimal glands. This property is enhanced in stressful conditions for the body, such as being in a steam room.
Symptoms of a purulent process
- Discharge of a yellow liquid that dries up in the morning;
- Severe itching;
- Increased body temperature;
- Increased tearing;
- Bonding eyelashes in the morning;
- Weakness, fatigue, headaches.
How to avoid allergic suppuration of the eyes after a bath
- Observe the cleaning regime, keep the room clean, without raising dust up to the ceiling on "Clean Thursdays". Dust settling on stones and cracks in the walls rises into the air when using the bath for its intended purpose;
- In case of incidents that have already occurred, instill antihistamine drops in the eyes for prevention - they help with allergic reactions. Also, you can always go to another bath;
- Be sure to follow the rules of personal hygiene, have your own detergents, towels and water.
It is not always possible to turn to an ophthalmologist after visiting the bathhouse, because you can be in a remote, cozy corner of the country, resting from civilization, so you can start the first therapeutic measures at home.
Flush eyes with a bulb or a needleless syringe with warm boiled water, using a new gauze swab for each eye. The rule is to rub the eye from the outer corner to the inner one, this will exclude the possibility of pus entering back.
If the discharge from the eyes is very sticky, it should not be removed without preparation. Put a clean, damp cloth on your closed eyelids to soften the secretion, after 5-10 minutes, gently rinse off the pliable crusts.
If the cause of the suppuration is an infection, your doctor will send you an eye swab to identify the pathogen. Having found out whether it is bacteria or viruses, antibacterial or antiviral treatment is prescribed, respectively.
Allergy symptoms will clear up antihistamine ointments or drops. They will relieve swelling and reduce inflammation.
Tetracycline ointment has an anti-inflammatory effect, stops the growth of bacteria. It should be placed behind the lower eyelid 3 times a day. Sometimes photophobia and skin rashes are a side effect.
A weak solution of furacilin has an antibacterial effect. Cooking at home: two 20 mg tablets per 200 ml of saline, distilled water or warm boiled water. Crush the tablets and put the resulting powder in water. After complete dissolution, strain the yellow water through a sieve or cheesecloth folded several times to get rid of undissolved tablet crumbs. For washing, use the general rules: a new swab for each eye, moving from the outer to the inner corner.
If your eyes fester, your body temperature has started to rise, antipyretic drugs will help.
Usually, suppuration, not associated with an infection, disappears by itself within 24-48 hours, but you can help the body fight microorganisms with traditional medicine.
- Compresses and lotions can be made from healing chamomile, for this you need to pour 3 tablespoons of flowers with a glass of boiling water and let it brew for an hour. Take medicinal potion for allergies;
- Calendula can help relieve negative symptoms. Take 2 tablespoons of the plant and dissolve in a glass of boiling water. An hour later, the tincture will be ready, dilute it in a ratio of 1 to 10 with water. The result will appear after 3-5 washes;
- Black tea is good for compresses. After a ten-minute procedure, the symptoms of inflammation will be slightly less;
- Good old potassium permanganate will help with severe suppuration. Use it three times a day to rinse your eyes. It has a strong antiseptic effect, effectively eliminates the infection and returns "clear" vision;
- Moisten the cheesecloth folded three times with cornflower tincture. To prepare it, take a few flowers, pour a glass of boiling water and leave to infuse for a couple of hours. Use as a compress;
- Pour 3 tablespoons of dope with two or three glasses of boiling water and leave for 40-60 minutes. A dense fabric soaked in tincture is ideal as lotions.
How else to relieve symptoms and promote recovery?
If your eyes fester, try to touch your eyes less often so as not to cause reinfection (re-inflammation). There is no need to scratch and rub them, it is better to rinse them once more.
Wash your hands often, especially after visiting the street.
At the time of pus discharge, if you wear contact lenses, discard them, replacing them with glasses. See an ophthalmologist for personalized advice.
Avoid all mascara, eyeliner, eye shadow, and other cosmetics throughout your treatment. Remember, the main thing is to be cured, your family and friends will accept you without makeup, and you can emphasize your beauty even after.
Observe the daily routine, do not overload your eyes with prolonged loads, give them more time to rest than in "healthy times".
If your eyes fester after each visit to the bath and cannot be prevented by the listed methods, it is recommended to change the room. Otherwise, consult an ophthalmologist.