Table of contents:
2023 Author: Alfred Shackley | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-05-21 13:14
Often, a certain amount of blood is poured out under the conjunctiva of the eye, saturated with capillaries. The reason for this is a bursting vessel, but the localization of hemorrhage can be different: blood accumulates under the mucous membrane of the eyelid or in the anterior ocular chamber, enters the retina or into the orbit, a blood clot is found in the vitreous body.
Depending on the severity of the condition, a small spot of bright red color is determined on the eye, which after a few days begins to turn green or yellow, like an ordinary bruise in any part of the body. The lower region of the organ of vision is considered a frequent site of hemorrhage.
The ingress of blood cells into the retina, vitreous body is caused by serious causes and is fraught with serious consequences. In these cases, a person may feel pain in the affected organ, especially when moving it, the contours of objects are seen blurry, flies flicker before the eyes or the image doubles. If a vessel in the eye bursts, what to do at home depends on the causes of the problem.
Causes of eye hemorrhage
Why do unpleasant situations arise in the organ of vision of hemorrhages of a small and extensive nature?
There are many reasons, they are associated with both external and internal factors:
- A sharp change in weather conditions with a difference in atmospheric pressure, too bright the sun can lead to rupture of capillaries and the outpouring of blood under the membrane of the eye;
- Overcooling or warming up on beaches, baths and saunas, snorkeling in masks, we expose our eyes to negative influences;
- Eye injuries, burns contribute to damage to tissue cells in different parts of the organ of vision, after ophthalmic operations such conditions are also common;
- After an attack of coughing, sneezing, laughing, vomiting, during physical exertion associated with a sharp lifting of weights, venous pressure rises and the vessels burst, unable to withstand it,
- Against the background of sclerotic changes, hypertension, diabetes mellitus in old age, spontaneous hemorrhages occur under the conjunctiva;
- In rare cases, blood-thinning drugs such as aspirin can cause vascular bleeding in the eye;
- With diabetic retinopathy, which is a companion of high blood sugar, the capillary of the organ of vision is affected.
In cases where the vessel has burst, and the blood has got under the conjunctiva, you can cope with the problem yourself, at home.
Methods for the treatment of subconjunctival hemorrhage
Damage to the vessel with the outpouring of fluid under the tissue of the connective tissue of the eye does not threaten the patient's life and the quality of the organ of vision. In this situation, the hematoma will resolve itself after a certain time, the duration of which depends on its size. But, in order to speed up the process, it is necessary to take therapeutic measures.
- Eye drops Potassium iodide in the form of a 3% solution has an anti-sclerotic, resorbing effect on hemophthalmus. The dose of the drug is usually one to two drops every six hours for two weeks. Long-term use is not recommended for patients sensitive to iodine.
- A one-percent solution of Emoxibel is used once for a month. The treatment can be repeated twice a year. The drug improves the condition of the retina.
- Ascorutin tablets will help to strengthen the walls of the vascular system, which must be taken twice a day, one for three to four weeks.
- For effective vasoconstriction, Vizin drops are used, which are instilled into the affected eye twice a day. The drug is used continuously for no more than four days.
- Drops that replace natural tears will help moisturize the components of the eye when it is dry.
Traditional medicine recipes
- Compresses based on extracts of chamomile, linden flowers, mint can relieve discomfort during a situation when a vessel in the eye has burst. Prepare funds using two tablespoons of plant materials, brewed in a glass of boiling water. They usually insist for half an hour. Having strained, apply a cloth soaked in a healing solution to the lesion site.
- Applied to the eye with hemorrhage, slices of fresh cucumber or peeled potatoes will eliminate the redness of the eye mucosa.
- From stinging nettle, you can make a remedy for strengthening blood vessels, stopping bleeding of various etiologies. A daily intake of an infusion of two tablespoons of carrots and nettles, poured in half a liter of boiling water, will strengthen your eyesight.
- To strengthen the walls of blood vessels, it is recommended to make contrasting baths, into which the damaged eye is lowered in turn.
- Eating berries rich in vitamin C will not only strengthen the immune system, but also improve vision.
Physiotherapy in strengthening the blood vessels of the eye
If no measures taken on your own do not help with bursting capillaries of the eye, then it is better to undergo physiotherapy in a polyclinic.
- With hemophthalmia, electrophoresis is effective, in which both the medicine and the pulses of electric current act on the organ of vision. Its energy activates enzymes, metabolic processes. Sensations in the form of a burning sensation at the site of exposure to the electrodes indicate an increase in local blood circulation, an increase in the permeability of blood cells.
- The preparations dissolved in the bath through the electrode lowered there enter the affected eye when the patient lowers it into the container. The second electrode at this time is located at the back of the neck. The method is especially effective for hemorrhages in the anterior segment of the eye.
- For resorption of hematomas in various areas of the eye, diadynamophoresis is used. During the session, local bipolar and plate electrodes are used, one of which is placed above the eyebrow, and the other in the temporal region at the outer corner of the palpebral fissure. A cloth soaked in solutions is attached to the plates, they are applied to the eyelids of the affected eye. Applying several types of current for six minutes, isotonic solutions are injected into the area of violation.
- The use of phonophoresis is also effective, when the administration of a drug is caused by the influence of ultrasonic waves that transform their energy into heat. The main action of the procedure is analgesic, metabolic, antispasmodic.
How to prevent ocular hemorrhage
- If the cause of the pathological state of the organ of vision lies in stress, pressure drops, overloads, then the best measures should be adherence to proper nutrition. More citrus fruits, bell peppers, as they are rich not only in ascorbic acid, but also in routine, which has a beneficial effect on blood vessels.
- It is necessary to limit yourself in the use of coffee, hard drinks, because the vessel can burst as a result of alcohol addiction.
- Working at the computer is also a provoking factor for hemorrhages. A ten-minute rest for each hour of work is required, it should include gymnastics for the eyes, walking.
- Occupational eye diseases are associated with the ingress of dust, dirt, foreign bodies into them. It is necessary to protect the organ of vision with special glasses.
Frequent hemorrhages, when the spot does not decrease, but increases, a decrease in visual acuity, the presence of purulent discharge is a signal of a serious cause of the disease, the therapy of which is subject only to a specialist.