Table of contents:
2023 Author: Alfred Shackley | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-05-21 13:14
Gastritis is the most widespread disease in our time. People want to do everything. Do your job quickly and efficiently and thereby achieve higher wages and career advancement.
Turn your home into a cozy corner. And if you have a hobby? It is necessary to carve out time for him. And get-togethers with friends, going to the cinema, to nature. Yes you never know interesting around.
But in the midst of all this whirlwind, they often forget to eat. And the hobby for caffeine and drugs only aggravates the situation.
After the appearance of the first unpleasant symptoms, such as nausea, discomfort, pain in the stomach, a person for a while tries not to forget to eat in time, but as soon as he lets go, everything returns - again they forgot to eat, intercepted on the go, it is not clear what, just to satisfy hunger. This attitude towards yourself, towards your health leads to serious problems.
The manifestations of the disease can be smoothed out and even cured by eating right. Nutrition needs to be approached carefully. Food should be complete, tasty and completely safe for the stomach. An inflamed gastric mucosa with high acidity will not tolerate foods that are not suitable for it. These are spicy, salty, fatty, fried foods, alcohol, coffee.
Bananas for gastritis: features of the effect on the body
It is better to try to satisfy the body's need for nutrients with the help of certain foods. And oddly enough, a banana is suitable for normalizing the functioning of the digestive organs and getting rid of this disease. Probably, there is no person who does not like to eat it. This fruit contains many nutrients useful for our body.
- Vitamins and trace elements (especially a lot of vitamins B, C, E). The body receives special benefits from vitamin E, which is involved in the restoration of stomach tissues;
- Serotonin - improves blood clotting;
- Fiber - promotes satiety and improves gastrointestinal function. Fiber has a mild laxative effect, helps to remove toxins from the body, in addition, it is a good remedy for diarrhea;
- Minerals (especially potassium, magnesium). Please note that one hundred grams of fruit contains four hundred mg of potassium.
It is worth knowing that the fruit has a low sodium content, which is beneficial for the heart. There are no harmful fats and cholesterol in its composition.
The fruit has a mild effect on the digestive system and is easily absorbed. Eating bananas is recommended before the main meal. They protect the stomach lining from stomach acid by creating a protective layer on the walls of the organ. In addition, the fruit helps to eliminate harmful bacteria and restore the intestinal microflora.
It is not advisable to eat bananas after eating. This is due to the fact that once it gets into a stomach filled with food, it will not immediately be able to enter the intestines, it will remain in the stomach and the fermentation process will begin. Fermentation products lead to gas, flatulence and bloating. In addition, the intoxication of the body occurs. If you did not eat a banana before meals, then it is better to eat it two to three hours after eating.
The use of this product improves the functioning of the human digestive system, fills the body with nutrients well, gives a lot of energy. It is worth noting the fact that in people with gastritis with high acidity, the pH level is equalized.
Bananas are suitable for almost everyone. But there are rare cases when an allergy appears after eating bananas. Signs of it can be abdominal pain, itching of the skin, lips, larynx, diarrhea, swelling of the mucous membranes of the nasopharynx. When such symptoms appear, this product should be excluded from the diet. If the allergy does not go away within 24 hours, then you need to contact an allergist.
The benefits and harms of bananas for gastritis
The use of the product has both positive and negative consequences.
Consider the following positive consequences:
- It contains many amino acids (methionine, lysine, tryptophan). Tryptophan is able to increase the level of serotonin, which is responsible for a person's performance and good mood, relieves stress. In addition, the number of platelets in the blood rises;
- With erosive gastritis (serotonin increases blood clotting), a small piece is able to stop minor bleeding. Attention! The fruit is able to stop bleeding only for a while. Therefore, you should not rely on chance. If such bleeding occurs, you should immediately consult a doctor, undergo an examination and treat the stomach with traditional folk remedies;
- The presence of fiber does not irritate the stomach, it promotes the rapid passage of food through the intestines;
- The combination of starch and pectin, dissolving in gastric juice, envelops the gastric mucosa with a protective film during gastritis and thereby protects it from the effects of acid, helps to fight inflammation that has arisen.
So, the benefits of eating this fruit include:
- Restores acid-base balance in the stomach with gastritis;
- Gently removes toxins and cleanses from toxins;
- Relieves the manifestations of diarrhea;
- Ideal for exacerbation of the disease;
- The intestinal microflora improves;
- Normalizes the functioning of the digestive system.
But the use of this fruit can also have negative consequences:
- Increased starch levels in green and forage species can cause constipation;
- An excess of serotonin can cause increased convulsive readiness and increase the excitability of the human nervous system.
Also, eating fruit can have negative consequences:
- When a person leads an inactive lifestyle (discomfort and bloating may occur);
- If you have an intolerance to the product;
- Its use is not recommended for pancreatitis.
Bananas for gastritis: how to use them
The use of fruit for gastritis with high or low acidity is different:
- In case of pathology with high acidity, it is recommended to eat the fruit before the main meal (the resulting protective film will protect against the aggressive effects of food). To avoid abdominal discomfort, you should limit the amount of fruits eaten per day;
- With gastritis with low acidity, eating bananas must be chewed thoroughly. Chewing thoroughly will improve the digestion process. Eating these fruits significantly speeds up the process of restoring the gastric mucosa and thereby contributes to the absorption of vitamins and microelements necessary for the body. The intestines normalize. For food in this case, choose overripe fruits.
One of the frequently asked questions is - can you eat bananas on an empty stomach?
It depends on some factors:
- Acidity level;
- How does the digestive system accept the fruit?
If, after eating bananas on an empty stomach with gastritis, you feel discomfort, you have bloating, increased gas production, consume it a few hours after eating. Also, try not to drink anything to avoid unpleasant symptoms.
Eating this product with gastritis should be completely abandoned:
- If there are signs of an allergic reaction. It can be itching, vomiting, diarrhea, red spots on the body. Anaphylactic shock is possible. Be careful to add to the diet of young children and nursing mothers;
- If you have abdominal pain. For some diseases, such as a stomach ulcer, as well as for pancreatitis, such food is contraindicated;
- You can not eat green fruits with constipation, but ripe ones, on the contrary, will have a laxative effect;
- When diarrhea, bloating is present;
- If an increased thrombosis is detected in cardiovascular diseases, be sure to consult with your doctor.
In no case should you eat this fruit:
- If you have recently suffered a heart attack;
- If you suffer from coronary artery disease;
- When thrombophlebitis is available.
Although bananas are good for humans, you shouldn't use them to cook dishes such as chips or fry them. It is best to eat fresh fruits or make cocktails with them. The combination with kefir is especially useful.
From all of the above, we can draw the following conclusions:
- With gastritis with increased acidity and in the presence of gastric ulcer, you need to eat bananas;
- With gastritis with low acidity, their use will not harm. But before including them in your diet, it is still worth consulting your doctor.
Gastritis is an unpleasant disease. And the sooner you start eating right, the faster it will go away.
And, most importantly, do not start the disease so that you do not have to treat it with medication. As for bananas, listen to the reactions of your body and to the recommendations of your doctor and be healthy!