Table of contents:
- Bend types
- Causes that can lead to kinking of the gallbladder
- Symptoms and treatment of different types of kinking of the gallbladder
- Diet for kinking of the gallbladder
2023 Author: Alfred Shackley | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-05-21 13:14
Due to the anatomical shape of the gallbladder, a fairly large part of people are faced with its inflection. Such a pathology necessarily causes a disruption in the work of this internal organ and is often accompanied by the occurrence of discomfort in the digestive tract.
A healthy organ has an oval-pear-shaped shape and consists of three parts - the bottom, the neck and the body.
Depending on where exactly the inflection occurred, there are 4 types of pathology:
- the most common violation is the twisting of the organ between its bottom and the body;
- kink of the gallbladder in the neck area or a change in its size is also quite common;
- with a simultaneous combination of the two listed varieties, they speak of multiple inflection;
- finally, in professional athletes or people engaged in heavy physical labor, during exercise, sometimes there is a temporary bend of this organ, which does not cause any discomfort and goes away on its own after a while without the use of any treatment methods.
Causes that can lead to kinking of the gallbladder
Before proceeding with the treatment of the inflection of the gallbladder, you first need to determine its type and causes that provoked the disease. So, in some cases, a violation of the formation of this internal organ can occur in the embryonic period of development of the unborn baby as early as the fifth week of pregnancy.
It is at this time that the duodenum, liver, as well as the gallbladder and ducts are formed in a tiny organism. If, with the growth of internal organs, their proportions are violated, a congenital predisposition to this ailment may arise.
In addition, acquired reasons can also cause kink:
- regular malnutrition, which is expressed in the alternation of long periods of fasting and overeating;
- being overweight or obese;
- atypical location of the organ outside the right longitudinal groove on the lower surface of the liver, which leads to its increased mobility;
- age-related changes, expressed in a significant omission of certain internal organs relative to the physiological norm;
- prolonged sitting in an uncomfortable position, frequent lifting of weights, especially by women, and too sudden movements;
- enlargement of the right kidney, liver or gallbladder itself, associated with the influence of various factors.
Symptoms and treatment of different types of kinking of the gallbladder
At the very beginning of the development of the disease, it most often does not manifest itself in any way. After a while, nonspecific symptoms begin to appear, which men and women often take for signs of completely different diseases and do not attach due importance to them.
In particular, with the development of this ailment, the following symptoms can be found:
- mild dull or aching pains in the abdomen, which periodically radiate to the spine, right collarbone or scapula;
- frequent bouts of nausea and recurrent urge to vomit;
- stool disorders - constipation or diarrhea;
- bitter taste in the mouth, associated with a violation of the outflow of bile and throwing it into the stomach;
- belching with air, frequent heartburn;
- discomfort in the epigastrium and the right hypochondrium;
- feeling of heaviness and bloating;
- lack of appetite or a significant decrease in it;
- excessive sweating.
In the initial stages, only a qualified doctor can determine the type of kink. After some time, the patient himself can do this, based on the symptoms of the disease. So, when the gallbladder is twisted between its bottom and the body, attacks of severe pain occur in the region of the ribs or scapula, and the complexion also changes. In addition, the patient loses weight noticeably.
At the late stage of the bend of the gallbladder neck, the symptoms are somewhat different, however, as is the treatment of pathology. With this type of ailment, the body temperature almost always rises, there is severe pain in the left side, as well as bloating. With the pathology of the neck of this internal organ, patients usually feel so bad that they call emergency medical care and go to the hospital.
The methods of treatment of this pathology, depending on its type, differ slightly. In any case, they all boil down to normalizing the outflow of bile, getting rid of pain symptoms and relieving the inflammatory process. As a rule, during the period of exacerbation of the disease, antispasmodics are used, for example, "No-Shpa", "Baralgin" and "Drotaverin". In severe cases, in the presence of biliary colic, drugs such as Tramadol or Atropine are administered.
Also, with an inflection of the gallbladder, choleretic drugs are always prescribed.
The following medicines are most often used here:
- "Ursofalk" - restores the correct outflow of bile, breaks down stones and stimulates the gallbladder;
- "Gepabene" - has anesthetic and mild choleretic effect;
- Flamin - improves the tone of internal organs, relieves inflammation and reduces pain;
- "Nikodin" - has an anti-inflammatory effect and improves the secretion of bile.
In some cases, special herbal preparations are used to treat the gallbladder. They typically contain yarrow, immortelle and peppermint leaves. Such drugs help to improve overall well-being, reduce the intensity of pain, relieve inflammation, increase appetite and improve bile flow.
They are less effective than choleretic drugs, but at the same time, they are safer.
After relieving the exacerbation, patients are advised to follow a special diet, as well as perform certain breathing and physical exercises. In addition, sometimes your doctor may prescribe physical therapy.
Diet for kinking of the gallbladder
During the treatment period for this pathology, it is necessary to eat 5 times a day in small portions, observing the breaks between meals for about 4 hours.
The following dishes and products must be completely excluded from the diet:
- smoked meats, snacks, canned food and marinades;
- any fried, spicy and fatty foods;
- Whole grains and legumes
- carbonated and alcoholic drinks;
- dried fruits, in particular raisins, dried apricots and apricots;
- hot spices and seasonings.
The consumption of the following foods should be minimized:
- coffee and cocoa;
- salt and sugar;
- honey and jam;
- citrus fruit.
You can eat without restrictions:
- low-fat varieties of fish and meat;
- poultry - chicken or turkey;
- fresh or steamed vegetables and fruits;
- any cereals;
- refined vegetable oil;
- dairy products.
If you find the first symptoms of any kind of kinking of the gallbladder, you should immediately consult a doctor for a detailed examination and receive appropriate recommendations. Despite the fact that this ailment is not life-threatening in itself, it can provoke rather serious complications.
In the absence of qualified medical care at an early stage of the disease, it can lead to the development of chronic cholecystitis or biliary dyskinesia. If, as a result of this pathology, the outflow of bile is blocked, a rupture of the wall of this organ may occur, which, in turn, is a direct indication for its removal by surgery.
To avoid the serious consequences of the disease, do not ignore the necessary treatment and carefully follow all the doctor's recommendations, provide yourself with a complete and balanced diet, and also maintain a positive emotional attitude and do not overdo it with physical activity.
With this lifestyle, you will feel good throughout your life, and no pathologies of the internal organs will bother you.