Table of contents:
2023 Author: Alfred Shackley | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-05-21 13:14
Acalculous cholecystitis is a disease of the gallbladder characterized by inflammation. It is worth paying attention to the fact that during the course of this disease there are no gall stones, that is, there are no stones in the bile ducts.
Most often, this disease manifests itself through pain in the right hypochondrium. With an advanced disease, the development of disorders in the digestive process is possible.
Acalculous cholecystitis: symptoms
In order to start treatment, you need to know what kind of disease you need to eliminate. And you must admit that pain in the right hypochondrium can characterize a significant number of diseases. Therefore, it is important to know exactly what symptoms accompany such a disease as acalculous cholecystitis. Do not forget that only a doctor will be able to comprehensively assess the symptoms and establish a diagnosis.
So, the symptoms include:
- The presence of constant dull pain in the right hypochondrium. It is worth paying attention to the fact that pains arise or become more acute one and a half to two hours after eating;
- Bitter belching.
You also need to pay attention to atypical forms of the disease and their symptoms:
- Cardialgic. In this case, an imitation of pain in the heart occurs. In addition, arrhythmias may occur;
- Esophagic. There is a feeling of complication of the passage of food through the esophagus, there is a relieving belching and pain behind the sternum;
- Intestinal. Pain and bloating develop. An alternation of diarrhea and constipation may be a characteristic symptom in this case.
If you find similar symptoms in yourself, then you should immediately contact a gastroenterologist. Remember that the more time you miss, the more difficult and expensive the treatment will be.
Moreover, there is a risk of chronic illness. Therefore, do not delay contacting a specialist.
Causes of acalculous cholecystitis
The causes of these symptoms can be:
- Bending, constricting or twisting of the gallbladder;
- The presence of infectious agents in the body. These include staphylococcus, enterococcus, Escherichia coli and other microorganisms;
- The accumulation of gases in the lumen of the gallbladder;
- Violation of the process of bile excretion;
- Cholestasis is a decrease in the flow of bile into the duodenum.
It is worth noting the fact that an incorrect lifestyle (overeating, a sedentary lifestyle, lack of physical activity, etc.) can also contribute to the appearance of acute and chronic cholecystitis. It is also necessary to pay attention to the fact that an increase in pain in pathology is possible after lifting weights or too intense physical exertion. Therefore, if you did not do shaping before the disease, then you should not start pumping muscles so actively during treatment.
Treatment of acalculous cholecystitis with traditional methods
In advanced cases, treatment is possible using traditional medical methods. You need to remember that only a doctor should prescribe them. After all, self-medication can lead to negative consequences.
In general, with regard to drug therapy, broad-spectrum antibiotics are prescribed in most cases. Their use is due to the fact that almost always cholecystitis occurs as a result of infection in the body. And with the help of antibiotics, you can eliminate the pathogen from the body.
It is important to take choleretic drugs in acute and advanced chronic form. With their help, bile is quickly excreted from the body, its stagnation does not form and the inflammation gradually disappears.
Taking into account the fact that the occurrence of acalculous cholecystitis occurs with disorders of the digestive processes, it is also important to normalize them. For this, enzyme preparations are used.
Attention! Again, no treatment should be chosen on its own. Remember, in order to find an adequate treatment, you first need to undergo an appropriate examination. And only after that, treatment is possible. It is worth paying attention to the fact that with improper treatment, the disease can progress and there will be a need to remove the gallbladder.
Treatment of acalculous cholecystitis with folk remedies
If the disease is only in the initial stage, you can get by with a diet and folk remedies.
Effective folk remedies include:
- Mix of juices. To prepare it, you will need half a liter of red beet, carrot and black radish juices. Add some fresh aloe juice to this mixture. Attention! You can squeeze juice only from aloe leaves, which are no more than three years old. Add half a liter of honey and high-quality vodka to the resulting mixture. All ingredients are thoroughly mixed and poured into a glass jar. The jar must be wrapped in a plastic bag and placed in a dark place for two weeks. After two weeks, the infusion can be consumed. This should be done in this way: take one tablespoon immediately before meals;
- Herbal infusion. To prepare it, you need to mix one tablespoon of celandine, two tablespoons of mint, toadflax and tansy flowers. To such a dry mixture, add four more tablespoons of cinquefoil and dandelion rhizomes. All dry ingredients are thoroughly mixed and poured with hot water. The proportion is as follows: for one tablespoon of the finished herbal mixture, there is one glass of boiling water. The tool should be infused for half an hour. Strain it through a strainer and take one tablespoon two to three times a day before meals.
- A decoction of birch leaves. To prepare the product, you need to collect the first leaves that appear on the birch. Please note that the leaves should be sticky. The collected raw materials must be laid out on paper in a warm place and left to dry. You need to brew dry leaves in this way: pour one tablespoon of dry birch leaves with a glass of boiling water. The tool is infused during the day. You need to take the remedy one tablespoon before meals for a month.
Note! It is not worth using such folk remedies for too long.
Regardless of the level of neglect of the disease, the course of treatment with folk remedies should not be more than a month. If during this time there are no visible improvements, then one cannot do without using the methods of traditional medicine.
Diet for acalculous cholecystitis
With regard to nutrition, the following diet should be followed:
- In the first three to four weeks, you should completely exclude from the diet such foods as fatty fish and meat, smoked meats and pickles, hot seasonings, spices, nuts and coffee. It is possible to start gradually introducing these products into the diet only after the onset of a noticeable improvement;
- Oatmeal and buckwheat groats are indicated for use. They contain a significant amount of vitamins and minerals that can help remove toxins from the body and restore the health of the digestive system;
- It is advisable to use bread only stale or dried. Remember: if you have acalculous acute or chronic cholecystitis, then fresh baked goods are strictly prohibited;
- It is not recommended to use refined vegetable oils when cooking. And among unrefined ones, you should give preference to olive;
- There is good news for those with a sweet tooth: if you definitely cannot do without sweets, then you can afford a small amount of marshmallows, jam or marmalade per day. But remember - sweets must be fresh;
- Using a spice like turmeric can have a beneficial effect on healing. Even with its insignificant presence in food, it is possible to normalize the outflow of bile. And this, in turn, will lead to faster recovery.
Please note that it is imperative to discuss possible dietary treatment with your doctor. After all, the power supply system in each case may be different. Most importantly, remember that after recovery, all foods should be gradually returned to the diet.
Acalculous cholecystitis: prevention
First of all, the prevention of the appearance of chronic acalculous cholecystitis is the correct and timely treatment of the acute form of the disease. Do not forget about proper nutrition. Remember that all kinds of fast foods will not benefit your body.
To avoid the onset of the disease due to the development of infection in the body, it is worth maintaining immunity. For this, it is recommended to eat a sufficient amount of vitamins and minerals. Moderate physical activity will not hurt either.
Chronic acalculous cholecystitis is an unpleasant disease that threatens to significantly reduce the quality of your life. Therefore, try to minimize the risk of its occurrence. And do not delay treatment.
Remember that it is easier to immediately cure acute cholecystitis than to treat chronic cholecystitis for several months later. Good luck and don't get sick!