Table of contents:
- Probable causes of the disease
- Kinked gallbladder symptoms
- What are the consequences of kinking the gallbladder?
- Treatment of kinked gallbladder
- Features of dietary nutrition
2023 Author: Alfred Shackley | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-05-21 13:14
The gallbladder is a small organ located on the surface of the liver. It consists of a bottom, body and neck, smoothly merging into each other. The neck is turned back and up, and the cystic duct departs from it. In children, the shape of this organ changes as they grow older.
But it is precisely because of its mobility that such a phenomenon as an inflection of the gallbladder in a child can occur. Acquiring a variety of configurations, the bubble can bend in different places, or even in several at the same time.
However, don't panic if your baby is diagnosed with this. The disease is incredibly common and can be effectively treated with the methods of modern medicine. Moreover, the disease is not included in the category of pathological, but is just a feature of the structure of the organ.
That is why the disease does not require global changes in life, special treatment, and even more so surgical intervention. The bend can disappear on its own over time, and a set of simple measures will help accelerate positive changes.
Probable causes of the disease
Experts identify the most common factors that provoke kink of the gallbladder in children:
- congenital condition. The defect can occur from the very moment of birth or immediately after childbirth. The variant of a genetic predisposition to this disease has not been established, but such a likelihood is also not excluded;
- features of physiological development. Often, the defect manifests itself in hyperactive babies or, on the contrary, overly squeezed and prone to frequent stress;
- improper diet. The factor of disturbance in the diet is most common today. Modern parents often follow the lead of their children, buying them sweets and carbonated drinks, which is not the best way to affect the state of the bile and liver.
Kinked gallbladder symptoms
There are three main types of inflection, depending on which one or another clinical manifestation can be observed.
So, the bend between the bottom and the body of the gallbladder, which is the most common type, causes the following manifestations:
- painful sensations radiating to the right side;
- nausea and vomiting;
In this form, children may experience unstable stool and may need additional treatment for diarrhea.
In the inflammatory form of this type, the symptoms are supplemented by the following manifestations:
- excessive sweating;
- bitter taste in the mouth;
- earthy complexion.
Bending of the gallbladder neck is characterized by lengthening of the neck of the organ or drooping of the body. This defect can have consequences in the form of necrosis of the neck, which can lead to the ingress of bile directly into the abdominal cavity.
When the neck is bent, the symptoms can be as follows:
- the child has a stomach ache or the area of the left hypochondrium;
- increased body temperature;
If inflammatory processes are present in the body, the same symptoms may be observed as in the previous case.
Twisting of the gallbladder in several places is a rather rare pathology.
Among the causative factors of this disease may be the increased size of the organ itself or the presence of stones in it. Symptoms include recurrent pain and nausea.
Very often, the defect is congenital and can be completely asymptomatic until it becomes noticeable on ultrasound examination. If the pathology is acquired due to any factors, it is subject to treatment.
What are the consequences of kinking the gallbladder?
- The organ serves as a repository for bile, which is produced by the liver. Bile accumulates in the bladder, and at the time of transit of food into the duodenum, it enters the intestinal tract.
- When the bladder is bent, there is a violation of the outflow of bile and its stagnation.
- A long period of such stagnation can lead to increased activity of microorganisms, after which the appearance of inflammatory processes that cause abdominal pain is likely.
Treatment of kinked gallbladder
A set of treatment procedures for an acquired type of disease, as a rule, includes the following:
- choleretic drugs;
- adherence to a special diet;
- during periods of exacerbation, physiotherapy is used, but physiotherapy exercises are more suitable for children;
- the use of natural products from corn, in particular, corn oil, which has excellent choleretic properties;
- traditional methods are appropriate if they are coordinated with the attending physician;
- antibiotic treatment is necessary in case of the development of infectious and inflammatory processes;
- spa treatment includes a whole range of measures to eliminate the consequences of this pathology.
As a rule, the treatment of the bend is limited to the indicated methods. Surgery for kinking the gallbladder is extremely rare. Hereditary biliary deformity usually goes away on its own and does not require any treatment.
Features of dietary nutrition
One of the most important parts of kink treatment is diet.
The following foods must be excluded from the child's diet:
- fatty types of meat and fish;
- fried, spicy and too salty foods;
- confectionery, especially with a margarine content;
- chips and other snacks.
Include as many fruits and vegetables as possible in your child's diet. Pumpkin can be a particularly useful product, which, when boiled, is an excellent choleretic agent. Make sure your baby is drinking enough water to avoid thickening of the bile.
Do not forget about fermented milk products, giving preference to low-fat kefir or yogurt. It is desirable that the food be fractional. It is optimal if the child eats small meals six times a day.