Table of contents:
2023 Author: Alfred Shackley | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-05-21 13:14
People who suffer from diseases of the pancreas should monitor their diet, taking into account the list of permitted and prohibited foods. This is important in order to better endure the exacerbation of the disease and avoid complications in chronic pancreatitis.
Vegetables and fruits for pancreatitis: general recommendations
Correctly selected products help to normalize the state of health in a short period of time.
There are a few rules to keep in mind when eating this type of food:
- It is forbidden to eat fruits on an empty stomach, as this increases the secretion of the pancreas and the production of enzymes;
- The number of fruits should be limited to avoid unwanted reactions. Nutrition should be selected individually, since the same food can be useful for some, and unhealthy for others. Start with small doses to monitor the body's response;
- Any conservation is prohibited. This applies to juices, compotes, nectars, etc.;
- It is best to eat the fruits after heat treatment. It is recommended to choose steaming, baking or stewing;
- It is allowed to eat one type of fruit or vegetables per day;
- It is not recommended to mix a large number of ingredients in one dish;
- There are ripe fruits best of all, which have a soft skin and lack of acid.
What vegetables can you eat with pancreatitis?
Vegetables are healthy foods, since they are rich in nutrients, so they must be present in the human diet, but some of them are contraindicated. This is due to the fact that some fruits negatively affect the liver and disrupt the work of enzymes.
There is a list of vegetables that are strictly prohibited for pancreatic pancreatitis:
- Spinach and sorrel, since they contain acids that irritate the pancreas;
- Radish is difficult to perceive by the diseased organ and causes flatulence;
- Horseradish and garlic provoke flatulence, which leads to intestinal enlargement. These products also cause painful sensations in the left hypochondrium;
- Bell pepper provokes an additional load on the glandular cells, since special enzymes are needed to break down the chemical compounds of this vegetable;
- If the diagnosis is pancreatitis, then you cannot eat vegetables that cause flatulence: corn, peas, asparagus, cabbage, etc.
If there are problems with the pancreas, then the following vegetables are eaten in limited quantities:
- Tomatoes. The fiber included in the composition cleanses the gastrointestinal tract of harmful substances and promotes the formation of hemoglobin molecules. If a person has pancreatitis, then they eat vegetables in limited quantities so as not to cause an aggravation;
- Zucchini. They are allowed to be included in the diet already after two weeks after an acute attack of the disease. They must first be baked and then turned into a homogeneous puree;
- Cucumbers. Fasting days can be arranged on these vegetables, but it is important to agree with your doctor. In the acute form, cucumbers should be discarded. Many are interested in whether it is possible to include pickled and pickled cucumbers in the menu, and so, you will have to forget about such food forever. This is due to the fact that it contains citric acid, vinegar, garlic and a large amount of salt. All these components are harmful to health in such a disease;
- Eggplant. Experts say that blue can be included in your diet only after complete rehabilitation. First, it is allowed to add a small piece of boiled eggplant to the menu, for example, putting it in soup. If this did not cause any negative reactions, then you can try to bake;
- Cabbage. The fact that the white-headed variety is banned has already been mentioned, but other types, for example, broccoli, cauliflower and Chinese cabbage, can be eaten. It is important to eat these vegetables after boiling and stewing.
When eating vegetables, it is recommended to remove the peel, and hard fruits need to be boiled and stewed. Boiled carrots and potatoes have a minimal effect.
What fruits can be used for pancreatitis?
Fruits are the main sources of vitamins, minerals and other nutrients that are necessary for the normal functioning of the body. It is important to choose products carefully and responsibly.
What fruits can be eaten with pancreatitis:
- Apples and pears, but not sour varieties. Before eating them, you need to peel and remove the tough core. Winter varieties are not recommended because they have a coarse consistency. Apples and pears can be baked, as well as mashed and compotes. By the way, grated fruits are allowed to be eaten with pancreatitis 3-4 days after an exacerbation;
- Sweet bananas have a soft consistency, so they are allowed to be included in your menu, but only after the aggravation subsides;
- Sweet citruses: tangerines and oranges. Such fruits can be eaten, but only in limited quantities and in case of remission of the disease. Other citrus fruits are banned because they have a high acidity, which is undesirable for people who have a sick pancreas;
- Pineapples and melons, loved by many, are included in the list of permitted fruits, but no more than three slices can be eaten per day. The varieties must be ripe, soft and free of veins;
- During the period of remission, an avocado is allowed, containing healthy fats that are easier for people to tolerate in case of pancreatitis. With an exacerbation of the disease, this fruit is prohibited;
- Raspberries or strawberries, loved by many, in their raw form are undesirable for consumption, but you can eat jelly and mousses;
- Sweet grapes without seeds and thick peels are allowed to be included in your diet for chronic pancreatitis, but juice is on the list of prohibited foods;
- With prolonged remission, it is allowed to eat apricots, but they must be ripe and the skin must be removed;
- Regardless of the aggravation, fresh cherries, blueberries and lingonberries are allowed to be consumed. You can also eat jelly, as well as drink compotes and jelly.
It is forbidden to include dates and figs in your diet, since these fruits are very sweet. Due to the high acidity, you cannot eat cranberries and oranges. They eat permitted fruits, given the most harmless cooking methods: compotes and jelly, but they should not be sweet, mousses, jellies and puddings, as well as mashed potatoes.
It is possible to include in your diet salads made from chopped fruits and berries, which are allowed on such a diet, and they need to be seasoned with yogurt. You can also include fruits in curd desserts, as well as bake them.
Is it possible to eat dried fruits with pancreatitis?
People with many diseases are advised to replace fresh fruit with dried fruit. In the case of pancreatitis, such a replacement should be treated carefully, and this is due to the fact that there is more sugar and fiber in dried fruits, which the pancreas does not like. The best option for using them is making compote, which is also called uzvar. It is prepared very simply.
Ingredients: An incomplete glass of dried fruits such as apples, pears, prunes and rose hips, plus three liters of water.
Mix all ingredients and put on high heat. After boiling, you need to cook for 15-20 minutes.
After the time has elapsed, turn off the fire and leave to cool.
In the remission stage, this drink should definitely be included in your diet.
If the diagnosis is pancreatitis, then they do not eat dried apricots, dates, dried bananas, figs and raisins, since these dried fruits contain a lot of carbohydrates, sugars and vegetable oil.
With a persistent and prolonged remission, dried apples, pears and prunes can be included in the diet, since they are low in calories and contain many useful substances.
We have presented to your attention basic information regarding whether it is possible to eat fruits and vegetables for problems with the pancreas. It is recommended to form a diet after consulting a doctor.