Table of contents:
2023 Author: Alfred Shackley | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-05-21 13:14
Streptococcal bacteriophage is an immunological solution with the ability to lyse pathogenic microorganisms such as streptococci and enterococci. The advantage of this remedy is that it only acts on bacterial cells.
Regular use of the solution will allow you to quickly cope with inflammatory processes in any places of localization.
What are bacteriophages?
Bacteriophage (phage) is an antimicrobial agent that contains “useful” agents that fight exclusively against harmful bacteria. Thanks to such drugs, it is possible to cope with most bacterial diseases with various places of localization of inflammatory processes.
What is the mechanism of work of phages?
Antimicrobial agents containing polyclonal viruses have an antibacterial effect.
In the process of capturing and destroying pathogenic microorganisms, phages go through 6 stages:
- Adsorption. A "useful" virus locates bacterial cells in the body;
- Implementation. Having identified a harmful cell, the virus injects nucleic acid into it;
- Replication. Inside the cell, the process of copying (replicating) the phage nucleic acid takes place;
- Synthesis. At the next stage, the protein components of the virus are synthesized;
- Assembly. The synthesized protein and nucleic acids combine, resulting in the multiplication of bacteriophages;
- Destruction. The multiplied virus depletes the pathogenic cell and contributes to its destruction.
The bacteriophage is used in cases where there is a need to act exclusively on disease-causing cells. "Eaters of bacteria" are activated only in those places where harmful microorganisms are present. In other words, the virus can replicate only in the presence of pathogenic agents.
What is the role of phages?
They control the number of pathogens and, if necessary, inhibit their development. In fact, the "useful" virus is the orderly of the human body and helps to get rid of purulent lesions.
The spectrum of action of the drug
An effective drug has minor contraindications, so it can be used by both adults and young children.
What ailments do phage-based solutions fight against?
- sore throat and pharyngitis;
- urethritis and pyelonephritis;
- cholecystitis and dysbiosis;
- otitis media and bronchitis;
- mastitis and pleurisy;
- sepsis and gastroenterocolitis;
- paraproctitis and pharyngitis;
- dysbiosis and omphalitis;
- boils and abscesses;
- urethritis and tonsillitis;
- carbuncle and conjunctivitis;
- osteomyelitis and pyoderma.
Judging by the list of diseases, it becomes clear that solutions based on streptococcal phage eliminate inflammatory processes in the respiratory tract, intestines, skin, genitourinary system, etc.
There are many different drugs, which are based on a "useful" virus.
The following types of bacteriophages are considered the most popular:
- Klebsiella pneumonia.
Analogs also help to cope with purulent-inflammatory ailments of the respiratory tract, genitourinary system, gastrointestinal tract and after surgery. The most effective among analogs of streptococcal bacteriophage is considered to be a polyvalent phage.
This remedy is used to treat ailments caused by enterococci, streptococci, staphylococci, as well as proteins. It is often prescribed for prophylactic purposes in the postoperative period to prevent inflammatory processes.
The instructions for using the solution allow you to accurately determine the dosage of the product, as well as the methods of its application:
- With abscesses. Polyvalent phage is used only after removal of pus. Apply gauze lotions or tampons soaked in solution to the affected area;
- With urethritis and cystitis. The liquid is taken internally or injected into the bladder and kidneys through a drainage system;
- For gynecological problems. Purulent-inflammatory processes in the vagina are stopped by introducing a solution into the uterine cavity. Apply no more than 5-10 ml of liquid daily;
- With inflammation of the mucous membranes of the throat, nose and ear. The affected mucous membranes are washed and caressed with streptococcal phage. In this case, you can use no more than 10 ml of the solution three times a day;
- With conjunctivitis. In case of inflammation, approximately 2-3 drops of the drug are instilled into the eyes 4 times a day. If purulent formations have already appeared on the cornea, it is advisable to instill at least 4 drops every three hours;
- With periodontitis and stomatitis. For rinsing, use a maximum of 20 ml of the drug. The procedure is performed 3-4 times a day;
- With intestinal diseases. For oral administration, it is enough to drink 20 ml of solution. When making enemas, the dosage is increased to 30-40 ml.
The proposed instruction for streptococcal bacteriophage is approximate. Therefore, it is advisable to consult a specialist before using the product. In many ways, the dosage depends on the size of the inflammation focus, as well as the age of the patient.
Taking medication during pregnancy
Is it possible to use solutions based on streptococcal bacteriophage during pregnancy? Most doctors are inclined to believe that drugs with "useful" viruses do not complicate the course of pregnancy and can be used under the supervision of a specialist. In the course of research, it turned out that phages significantly reduce the number of relapses of ailments in women and even contribute to a favorable course of childbirth.
Patients who regularly used solutions with streptococcal phages during pregnancy carried stronger babies.
On the Apgar scale, the newborns had better health, as evidenced by the indices of resistance of immunity to purulent-septic ailments.
How to take a bacteriophage with streptococcus in pregnant women? The dosage of the drug should be determined only by the attending physician.
The amount of solution used depends on the type of disease, as well as the duration of pregnancy. In the first trimester, doctors do not recommend the use of any medications at all due to the high threat of miscarriage.
Features of drug administration
How to use solutions based on polyvalent streptococcal bacteriophage correctly? The medicine is usually sold in ampoules or glass vials.
Before using the product, you must:
- shake the vial so that no sediment remains at the bottom;
- wipe the lid of the medicine with an alcohol-containing composition;
- wash your hands thoroughly before opening the solution;
- do not put the cap on dirty surfaces after opening with the inside;
- store the medicine only in cool places.
Streptococcal phage is an effective drug that fights inflammation caused by staphylococci, enterococci and streptococci.
Before using the product, you need to consult with your doctor to find out the duration of the course of treatment, as well as the dosage.