Table of contents:
- Why pumpkin is good for the liver
- Contraindications to the use of pumpkin
- Pumpkin with honey for liver treatment
- Pumpkin juice to cleanse the liver
- Other pumpkin recipes for the liver
2023 Author: Alfred Shackley | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-05-21 13:14
There is an opinion that diseases of the gastrointestinal tract and biliary tract at the initial stages, as well as with chronic course, can be effectively treated using recipes of traditional medicine. To get rid of liver problems, pumpkin is often recommended.
Why pumpkin is good for the liver
The pumpkin contains pectin, which helps to remove toxins and cholesterol from the body. In addition, it contains a large amount of iron, carotene, potassium, magnesium, calcium. In general, the beneficial properties of the melon culture are simply excellent and can significantly improve the condition of the diseased organ.
It is believed that when used correctly, pumpkin helps to restore the cell membranes of hepatocytes. This property is very important for the treatment of liver ailments. Even the addition of the vegetable in question in a boiled or baked form to the usual diet will significantly improve the patient's condition and speed up the healing process.
Due to the fact that pumpkin has a diuretic effect, it helps to cleanse the body of toxins, removing them from the body naturally. This vegetable is especially useful for people who have recently undergone antibiotic treatment.
Contraindications to the use of pumpkin
- Stomach ulcer, gastritis with high acidity. True, with such diseases, only freshly squeezed pumpkin juice is prohibited;
- Individual intolerance, allergies. Such phenomena for this melon culture are extremely rare;
- Diseases accompanied by a lack of moisture. The fact is that pumpkin has a diuretic effect and can significantly worsen the patient's condition.
It is worth saying that most doctors treat the liver with pumpkin with some caution, questioning its healing properties. If you decide to self-therapy, remember that the vegetable is not a panacea. It does not in any way preclude taking medications prescribed by your doctor.
The most correct option is to add a little pumpkin to the diet (if there are no contraindications) and continue the treatment regimen prescribed by the doctor.
There are several recipes for making homemade medicines, so you should familiarize yourself with all in order to choose the right one later.
Pumpkin with honey for liver treatment
This recipe is ideal for people looking to cleanse and normalize the liver.
- Take a medium-sized vegetable, wash, cut off the top (you do not need to throw it away), clean out the pulp. You have got an impromptu pot;
- Now fill it with honey, cover the hole with the cut top;
- Place your blank in a convenient container in case honey starts to flow out, and send the sweet pumpkin to a warm place for 10 days;
- When time has passed, remove the vegetable, pour the honey out of it into a glass jar, and place it in a cool storage area.
Take the drug 1 large spoon 3 times a day. The course of treatment is 21 days. Repeated therapy with such a drug is possible only after a year. If you do not have a friendship with honey, for example, an allergy to a product, then you can prepare the medicine with sugar. The recipe for creating a potion will be similar.
Pumpkin juice to cleanse the liver
Pumpkin juice will be an excellent cleansing and choleretic agent for liver and stomach ailments. It should be drunk 1 glass a day for a month. To make the taste of the drink more pleasant, you can add apple or carrot fresh to it.
If the patient has stomach problems, then the juice must be diluted with water. Some replace the juice with the pulp of the fruit. This option is also possible, but keep in mind that you will have to eat 500 g of raw product per day.
Other pumpkin recipes for the liver
Infusion of pumpkin seeds
The cooking process is simple:
- You need to take a glass of seeds, they must first be dried and chopped;
- The prepared raw material is poured into a glass of olive oil, the mixture is placed in a water bath and heated to 60 degrees. It is important that the product does not boil;
- The container with the medicine must be removed from the bath, let it brew for 2 hours, and then sent to a dark place for 7 days;
- After a week, strain the infusion and drink 1 small spoon before meals three times a day.
The treatment lasts 14 days.
A drink from the stalks of a vegetable will be an excellent choleretic agent:
- To create a potion, take 20 g of petioles, they must be fresh, rinse them, dry them and chop them thoroughly;
- Put the prepared raw materials in a saucepan, pour 2 glasses of clean water and send to simmer on low heat for a quarter of an hour;
- The finished broth should be filtered and drunk throughout the day.
Pumpkin and prune broth
- Take 1 liter of pumpkin puree, combine with 500 g of pitted prunes (of course, you need to rinse it before use), add 2 large spoons of buckthorn bark;
- Place the listed ingredients in a saucepan, pour 1.5 liters of clean water;
- Pour 150 ml of rosehip syrup into a container, mix everything thoroughly;
- Cover the pot with a lid and simmer in a water bath for 30 minutes;
- When half an hour has passed, remove the container, strain the broth, store it in a cool place;
- The drink is consumed before bedtime (it is important that at least 2 hours have passed after dinner) ½ glass each.
The described recipe is perfect for cleansing and restoring liver cells.
In principle, if you do not have the time and desire, then it is not at all necessary to combine pumpkin with honey, sugar and other ingredients, you can simply cook dishes from a vegetable. For example, it is delicious to bake a pumpkin, cook porridge with it, some even make wonderful desserts. It all depends only on your culinary skills. But remember that when frying, the melon culture loses its beneficial properties. Therefore, this cooking method will not work for you.
We found out that pumpkin for the liver is a very useful product, perfectly helping to improve the patient's condition at the initial stages of the disease, but only in combination with drug treatment. You cannot rely solely on folk recipes. Remember this and take care of your health!