Table of contents:
- Cleansing the liver from parasites with folk remedies
- Diagnosis of parasites in the liver
- Prevention of liver helminthiasis
2023 Author: Alfred Shackley | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-05-21 13:14
The liver, like other organs, is susceptible to damage by foreign microorganisms. The body cannot cope with them on its own, so this is an ideal breeding and habitat for helminths. In the absence of proper treatment, parasites in the liver can even lead to death. There are several microorganisms that can infect the liver and continue to multiply there.
This is a classic dirty hand disease. Parasites enter the body along with food and water, and then through the lower intestines they pass to the liver.
The main symptoms of amoebiasis:
- in acute amoebic hepatitis, the temperature rises to 38 degrees.
- the liver increases in size, its structure becomes dense;
- on palpation, there is a sharp pain in the liver;
- the skin becomes yellowish.
Amoebiasis is treated in several ways. The doctor may prescribe drugs that suppress the pathogens. They also prescribe medications, the action of which suppresses the tissue forms of the amoeba. The third way is the appointment of mixed-type drugs that affect all forms of parasites.
An example of the most popular drugs:
Self-medication is not recommended, since the disease is dangerous not only for the patient himself, but also for people who come into contact with him.
Giardia - unicellular - live not only in the liver, but also in the intestines. They are transmitted by contact with an infected person, for example, by using one towel or dishes, by drinking dirty water and through unwashed vegetables.
The main symptoms of giardiasis:
- An increase in temperature for several days in the absence of signs of an acute respiratory infection;
- Malfunctions of the digestive system, for example, constipation and diarrhea;
- The infected person becomes inattentive, lethargic and inactive;
- Painful sensations in the navel and in the right hypochondrium;
- Children sometimes suffer from fits of a suffocating cough;
- There is an increase not only in the liver, but also in the spleen and lymph nodes;
- When taking a blood test, another symptom is observed - increased eosinophil counts.
To remove unpleasant symptoms and worms, it is necessary to carry out complex treatment. In all cases, three groups of drugs are prescribed:
- antihistamines and medicines that improve the functioning of the digestive system;
- antiparasitic agents, for example, Trichopolum, Tinidazole, etc. Sometimes treatment involves the passage of several courses;
- medicines containing lactobacilli, which renew the beneficial intestinal microflora.
Treatment of giardiasis without fail implies adherence to a special diet, in which it is important to abandon the following products: baked goods, pasta, fatty dairy products, smoked meats, sausages, sweets, semolina, barley and oatmeal.
The disease occurs when heterosexual flukes settle in the liver. Adults can grow up to 20 mm in length. They enter the human body through the pores in the skin, while swimming in dirty waters. Through the vessels, they penetrate into the general bloodstream, and then into other organs: the liver, lungs, intestines and the reproductive system.
The main symptoms are:
- cough with thick phlegm;
- painful sensations in the joints and muscles;
- an increase in the size of the liver and spleen;
- upset stool and the appearance of blood in the stool.
Diagnose the disease using a urine test.
Treatment for schistosomiasis is very simple and always gives a positive result:
- the doctor prescribes the drug Praziquantel, the dosage of which is selected depending on the patient's weight;
- in order to 100% cleanse the body of worms, it is necessary to repeat the course of treatment after a year.
Infection with tapeworms occurs through contact with an animal. They live in different internal organs. When a parasitic neoplasm ruptures, anaphylactic shock is possible and in the last stages there is a threat to the patient's life. The development of the disease can take more than one decade.
The main signs of liver damage by echinococcus:
- pain in the liver area,
- an increase in the size of the organ,
- obstructive jaundice
- breathing problems provoked by disruptions in the mobility of the diaphragm,
It is difficult to determine echinococcosis in the early stages. For diagnostics, visual techniques are used: ultrasound and tomography.
Treatment is carried out with antiparasitic agents or involves the surgical removal of cystic echinococcal formations.
Another human carrier infects such helminths, and the infection occurs through water, food and dirty hands.
Signs of the disease appear 2-3 days after infection:
- pain in the stomach;
- slight increase in temperature;
- general weakness;
- upset stool;
In the later stages, the following symptoms are also observed:
- decreased appetite;
- cramping pain in the liver area;
- epileptic seizures.
Levamisole, Pirantel, Mebendazole and others are prescribed for treatment. In addition, antihistamines, vitamins and iron preparations are prescribed.
Three weeks after the start of therapy, control tests are performed.
Cleansing the liver from parasites with folk remedies
- Pine nuts. A sick person should peel 1 kg of nuts and eat 100 g per day, chewing thoroughly. Duration of admission is two months. It is important not to eat fatty foods and meat during this treatment.
- Pumpkin seeds. This method is considered safe, so it can be used for children. Prepare 300 g of peeled pumpkin seeds and 1 tbsp. a spoonful of honey. The seeds should be crushed with a mortar, and then honey and 50 ml of water should be added to them. The ready-made mixture must be eaten in the morning on an empty stomach for an hour, and after 3 hours you need to drink a laxative. After another half hour, an enema is given. This method is repeated after a month.
- Onion. If you are conducting additional treatment with folk remedies, then use this recipe: take a large onion, chop and pour the resulting gruel in a thermos. Insist 12 hours and it is better to do it at night, and then take the strained broth on an empty stomach. Perform the procedure daily for 10 days. A second course is carried out a year later.
- Pour 20 g of roots and herbs of a plant such as chicory with 2 cups of boiling water. When the infusion has cooled, filtered. Every day, take 50 ml of the drug until the worms are removed.
- Garlic. Peel 400 g of garlic, chop it and pour over 1 liter of brandy. Insist 20 days in a dark place. Drink the tincture every day for 1 tbsp. spoon.
Diagnosis of parasites in the liver
Today, there are several methods to determine the presence of parasites in the liver. Previously, only one option was used - microscopic detection of larvae or mature individuals. For research, take bile and duodenal contents, which are obtained by probing the patient.
Modern medicine offers several immunological reactions that make it possible to determine the antigens of parasites or specific antibodies: ELISA, PCR and serological reactions of indirect agglutination. They also use endoscopy and x-rays.
If characteristic signs are present, a thorough examination should be carried out immediately. The following methods are used in diagnostics:
- An enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay of a blood sample detects the presence of parasite waste products;
- PCR is a molecular genetic method that allows in laboratory conditions to identify fragments of helminth DNA in a sample of the investigated tissues;
- Serological reactions - based on the ability to detect antibodies produced by the body for the presence of helminths;
- X-rays, ultrasound and endoscopy are indicated if cystic formation is suspected.
Prevention of liver helminthiasis
Since parasites enter the body in most cases due to non-compliance with sanitary and hygienic standards, it is important to adhere to the following rules for prevention:
- Wash hands after going to the toilet and walking. Be sure to do this before meals;
- Process fruits and vegetables thermally, wash them thoroughly. And also do not eat meat and fish if these products have not been properly heat treated;
- Include only fresh foods in your diet;
- Store cooked foods away from raw foods;
- Avoid drinking raw water.