Table of contents:
2023 Author: Alfred Shackley | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-05-21 13:14
Poisoning, accompanied by nausea and vomiting, requires first aid. In addition to washing the stomach and drinking plenty of water, it is advisable to give the victim pharmaceutical preparations that reduce the severe symptoms of poisoning.
So, what do they drink in case of poisoning and vomiting.
Cerucal in case of poisoning
The agent belongs to the blockers of impulses from the duodenum to the vomiting center. It coordinates the effect on the tone of the stomach and intestines. Available in the form of tablets and solution for injection.
The main substance of the drug is metoclopramide hydrochloride monohydrate in combination with auxiliary components:
- sodium sulfite;
- edetate disodium;
- sodium chloride.
It is effectively used in the treatment of poisoning. Substances are excreted by the kidneys from three hours to twenty-four.
- A solution is injected slowly in ten milligrams, one ampoule, with a maximum daily dose of thirty milligrams;
- The duration of injection therapy should be short, followed by a switch to oral administration (tablets);
- Tablets are prescribed one three to four times a day for adults;
- Children from two to fourteen years old - a maximum of half a milligram per kilogram of weight;
- The duration of treatment can be four to six weeks.
- Do not take a drug with hypersensitivity to metoclopramide, intestinal obstruction, bleeding in the digestive system, epilepsy, in the first trimester of pregnancy, lactation, children under two years of age;
- Reduce dosage in patients with renal impairment;
- Long-term treatment with Cerucal for the elderly is prohibited due to the occurrence of parkinsonism, accompanied by tremors, muscle twitching, and restriction of movements.
Taking the medication enhances the absorption of antibiotics, the effect of alcohol, and the bioavailability of cyclosporine. During treatment, it is necessary to refuse to take alcoholic beverages, engage in potentially hazardous activities, and drive a car.
Motilium for food poisoning
The antiemetic drug acts on peripheral receptors, increasing the pressure of the lower esophageal sphincter, accelerating gastric emptying.
The drug is based on the substance domperidone, which, when treated with the drug, quickly concentrates in the blood plasma. It has a high bioavailability when it enters the human body, even after eating. The active substance is excreted by the kidneys and liver.
Motilium is indicated for nausea and vomiting associated with radiotherapy, food and drug poisoning.
- Take a suspension of ten to twenty milligrams three to four times half an hour before meals;
- The daily dose should not exceed eighty milligrams;
- For children, the dose is determined depending on body weight - 0.25-0.5 milligrams per kilogram of weight;
- Before use, the bottle is gently shaken until the contents are mixed.
- The remedy is prohibited for patients with intolerance to domperidone, sorbitol, impaired liver function, intestinal obstruction, gastric bleeding;
- Carefully prescribe medication to persons with renal failure, heart rhythm disturbances;
- Also, for pregnant women and nursing mothers, the drug is used in rare cases;
- You can not take Erythromycin, Ketoconazole orally together with Motilium;
- For the elderly, the duration of treatment with the drug should be limited, as it can lead to serious arrhythmias of the ventricular type.
Enterofuril in case of poisoning
The drug helps with poisoning of various origins. It is produced in gelatin capsules of one hundred and two hundred milligrams, each of which contains nifuroxazide.
The substance actively fights against microbes that cause intoxication without disturbing the intestinal microflora. It is excreted completely through the digestive tract, the rate depends on intestinal motility.
- One hundred milligram capsules are drunk two to four times a day;
- Children from three to seven years old - three times;
- Treatment with a drug for nausea and intoxication lasts no more than a week.
- Such drugs are prohibited for those who cannot tolerate nitrofuran, fructose, children under three years old;
- During lactation and pregnancy, such drugs are used only on strict indications.
Alcoholic beverages should not be consumed while taking the medicine.
Furazolidone for poisoning
The drug helps with food intoxication caused by the activity of pathogenic microbes. Available in the form of tablets of fifty milligrams.
Nitrofuran, the active ingredient of the drug, disrupts cellular respiration and the metabolism of microorganisms, activating the human immune system.
- Prescribe tablets for symptoms of intoxication inside after eating one hundred or one hundred and fifty milligrams four times a day for five to ten days;
- The daily dose should not exceed eight hundred milligrams.
- Contraindications for use refer to women during pregnancy and lactation, persons who cannot tolerate the nitrofuran group, with renal failure, children under three years of age;
- Caution in use should be observed in patients with diseases of the liver and nervous system.
During therapy with Furazolidan, cheese, cream, pickled herring, strong coffee, that is, products containing tyramine, are excluded from the diet. If the tablets are used for a long time, the intake of B vitamins should be included in the treatment.
Rehydron for food poisoning
Since with severe vomiting, the body is dehydrated, the acid-base balance in the body is disturbed, then this drug cannot be dispensed with in the treatment of poisoning. It is produced in the form of sachets with a powder, which contains potassium and sodium chloride, sodium citrate dihydrate, dextrose.
The action of these substances is aimed at correcting the loss of electrolytes and fluids during poisoning.
- The powder of one sachet is diluted in one liter of boiled chilled water and taken immediately;
- The entire solution must be used within 24 hours, keeping it in the refrigerator;
- The amount of funds taken should be twice the amount of fluid lost by the body;
- It is necessary to eat during therapy with the exception of fatty and sweet foods;
- The duration of treatment is no more than four days;
- If it is difficult to receive the solution, it is administered using a probe under stationary conditions.
- The solution is contraindicated in patients with intestinal obstruction, hypersensitivity to components, impaired renal function, unconscious;
- Caution in use should be observed by persons suffering from diabetes mellitus;
- For children, such drugs are not suitable, they are selected similar tablets or powders with a low sodium concentration.
If, when taking the solution, the patient's body temperature rises, urine flow stops, diarrhea intensifies or suddenly stops with the onset of abdominal pain, the patient falls into a stupor, then it is necessary to urgently consult a doctor who will pick up other drugs.
Sorbex for nausea in case of poisoning
The action of the drug is aimed at removing toxic substances from the body with their preliminary splitting. Available in capsules containing 250 milligrams of activated carbon.
He is able to stop vomiting, diarrhea, eliminate the symptoms of nausea, abdominal pain. The substance is not absorbed into the blood, intestinal walls, does not violate the state of the microflora. The effect of taking the medicine can be achieved in two days.
- You need to take the remedy three capsules three times a day, children from seven to fourteen years old can take up to two capsules at one time;
- The duration of therapy is from three days to two weeks;
- When using the medicine, it is washed down with plenty of water, taking an hour before meals or two after.
For patients with peptic ulcer disease, bleeding in the gastrointestinal tract, intestinal obstruction, the drug is contraindicated.
Sorbex is part of both complex therapy that helps to get rid of poisoning, and is also used as a means for self-treatment.