Table of contents:
2023 Author: Alfred Shackley | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-05-21 13:14
Both women and men at absolutely any age can face the problem of hair loss, or alopecia. However, most often this situation is observed in owners of oily hair and scalp. Experts call this disease seborrheic alopecia, when excessive sebum secretion interferes with active hair growth, which is why hair begins to fall out intensively.
Causes of Intense Oily Hair Loss
Despite the fact that such a problem can affect everyone, most often its manifestations are found in young girls during puberty, as well as women during pregnancy or during menopause.
All this indicates that too oily hair and excessive hair loss in most cases are associated with hormonal changes in the body, more inherent in the fair sex.
In addition, the reasons for the loss of fatty strands can be associated with the harmful effects of other internal factors, namely:
- vitamin deficiency and lack of such important trace elements as selenium, zinc, iron, manganese and so on;
- chronic diseases of internal organs and systems;
- taking certain medications, for example, while treating cancer;
- dermatological diseases of the scalp surface - mycosis, furunculosis and others;
- alcoholic, drug or toxic intoxication of the body;
- some infectious diseases;
- disorders of the nervous system, regular stress and overwork.
Do not discount external factors as well.
Oily curls can fall out intensively if they are constantly exposed to harmful effects from the outside, namely:
- smoking and alcohol abuse;
- stay in unfavorable climatic conditions without a headdress, going outside with wet curls;
- exposure to direct sunlight;
- unfavorable environmental conditions at the place of work or residence;
- polluted water, as well as a high content of chemicals;
- work in harmful working conditions;
- radiation, acid rain;
- regular perm and other aggressive hairdressing procedures;
- frequent hair dyeing with unnatural means;
- daily use of various styling products, drying with a hairdryer, as well as the use of curling irons, tongs and other similar devices.
To stop the process of incipient alopecia, in such a situation, it is necessary, first of all, to normalize the activity of the sebaceous glands and get rid of excessive oily curls.
Cosmetic stores today offer a wide range of different products, the action of which is aimed at solving this problem, however, masks for oily hair against loss, prepared from natural ingredients at home, are much more effective.
Rules for the use of masks for oily hair from loss
Effective masks can be very easy to prepare and apply directly at home, however, in order for them to take effect, certain rules must be followed, namely:
- any such cosmetic product during application must be rubbed into the skin with massage movements of the fingertips for 5-7 minutes;
- immediately after the distribution of the composition over the curls and scalp, the hair should be tightly wrapped with plastic wrap and warm terry cloth;
- in the event that your strands have increased fat content along the entire length, the mask must also be distributed from roots to ends. If the ends of your hair are dry and your scalp is oily, the prepared composition should be applied exclusively to the roots. In such a situation, it is recommended to simply lubricate the ends with any oil used for cosmetic purposes, for example, burdock, castor, almond, peach, olive or even ordinary sunflower;
- wash off the mask after the required amount of time is necessary with warm or cool water. Its temperature should not be higher than 36-37 degrees, because otherwise the sebaceous glands can only activate and begin to produce even more sebum;
- to treat oily hair and combat intense hair loss, such masks should be done regularly - from 1 to 3 times a week. In the future, with a tendency to excessive oiliness of the scalp, you will have to carry out such procedures as a preventive measure 1 time in 2 weeks.
Anti-hair loss recipes for oily hair
In order to prepare an effective remedy for the loss of oily strands at home, you can choose any recipe from the following list:
- Take 2 tablespoons of dry mustard powder and dissolve it in 4 tablespoons of warm water. Mix well and then add 3 tablespoons of clay. For oily hair and oily scalp, it is best to opt for the green or black variety of this natural substance. After that, add 1 teaspoon of slightly melted honey and the same amount of natural lemon juice to the prepared composition. Mix all the components thoroughly again and distribute the resulting mass over your hair, create a thermal effect, wait 30-40 minutes and wash with warm water and shampoo designed specifically for girls and women with oily curls;
- Grate the pulp of 2-3 whole kiwis on a fine grater or chop with a blender. In this case, it is best to choose the hardest fruits as possible, which are unsuitable for food, since they contain the maximum amount of fruit acids useful for hair follicles. Add 2-3 drops of apple cider vinegar to the fruit pulp, apply the resulting mixture to the roots of the curls, and then comb the strands using a wooden comb with rare teeth. After about 15-20 minutes, rinse your hair with cool water;
- Pour 2 tablespoons of green or blue clay with mineral water so that you get a homogeneous mass, similar in consistency to thin sour cream. Distribute the prepared composition over the scalp along the partings, hold for about half an hour and wash with warm water. It is better not to apply such a product to the ends of the strands; use olive or vegetable oil for this. This mask perfectly cleans the scalp from all kinds of impurities and excess sebum, and also stops the process of hair loss that has begun;
- Dissolve 2 tablespoons of potato starch with warm water, add 1 teaspoon of aloe juice, which can be purchased at most pharmacies, and the same amount of slightly melted honey. Apply the mask to your hair like other similar products. Leave the composition on your head for about 40 minutes, then wash off with warm water. After just one application of such a mask, your hairstyle will become smoother and more voluminous, the curls will acquire incredible freshness, and their loss will significantly decrease;
- melt about 15 grams of wheat or linden honey in a water bath, add 1 tablespoon of aloe juice and the same amount of freshly squeezed lemon juice to it, and squeeze out 1 medium-sized clove of garlic. Mix well and apply the mass thus obtained on the scalp, while massaging it with your fingertips. Lubricate the curls left uncovered generously with any oil used for cosmetic purposes. After half an hour, wash your hair in the usual way. It is recommended to carry out this procedure before each wash.
In each of the above masks, if desired, you can add one or more essential fragrances that have a beneficial effect on any type of hair.
If such procedures do not help you cope with excessively intense hair loss, consult a trichologist for a detailed examination.