Table of contents:
2023 Author: Alfred Shackley | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-05-21 13:14
Hair loss in men is always accompanied by severe stress. This is not surprising, because in most cases it is the hairstyle that forms the lion's share of a person's attractiveness. Of course, hair loss is not a purely male problem, however, representatives of the stronger sex suffer from alopecia much more often than women.
According to statistics, about 30% of men are at risk of completely losing hair on their heads. And if some humbly resign themselves to their fate, considering the situation fundamentally irreparable, then others are looking for effective methods of treating this ailment and find it.
Baldness in men can be the result of both a genetic factor and many acquired abnormalities in the body. This means that the situation is quite fixable with the right approach to its treatment.
What are the causes of hair loss in men?
It is sometimes simply impossible to stop the loss of hair follicles using only external methods.
This is why it is important to identify the triggers for hair loss:
- genetic predisposition;
- negative consequences of poor environmental conditions;
- unbalanced diet, causing a deficiency of important vitamins and minerals;
- telogen miasma - loss on the basis of stress transferred by the body: long-term illnesses, mental disorders, etc.;
- oncological diseases;
- chemotherapy and the negative consequences of taking certain medications;
- sharp changes in climatic conditions;
- pathology of the thyroid gland;
- hormonal disruptions in the body;
- the presence of bad habits;
- improper hair care or lack of it.
Whatever the reason for the loss of follicles, it should be remembered that alopecia is often progressive. As the disease progresses, the hair follicle gradually weakens and becomes thinner. That is why it is important to take action after the first suspicion of alopecia.
Varieties of male alopecia
Hair loss is always unpleasant. However, for each person, it is due to different factors and, accordingly, manifests itself in different ways.
Among the known types of male pattern baldness, the following are distinguished:
- androgenetic alopecia. This type is hereditary, which is why it is important to take into account the family picture when treating the disease. However, this type is the most difficult to remove. No matter how hard you try to prevent androgenic alopecia, the root of the problem cannot be eliminated;
- diffuse baldness. This type involves a uniform loss of follicles over the entire surface of the scalp. Such alopecia can manifest itself as the initial stage of the androgenetic type or as a result of negative provoking factors;
- alopecia areata. Usually men under 30 suffer from this type of disease. It often develops against the background of endocrine system pathologies. Represents an uneven thinning of hair with well-defined foci;
- seborrheic alopecia. This type is a consequence of lesions of the human scalp with seborrheic dermatitis. Very often this type of hair loss occurs during adolescence, when the sebaceous glands of the head are working too actively.
How to prevent and stop male pattern baldness?
As soon as you notice that your hair has begun to thin out rapidly, it's time to get down to business. There are a lot of methods of prevention and elimination of the problem today.
And often a truly high-quality result is shown by the complex application of several methods at once, in particular:
- special shampoos for follicle loss;
- self-massage of the scalp;
- vitamin complexes intended for hair;
- contrast shower, which helps to further stimulate the scalp;
- short haircut, which reduces the load on the hair follicles;
- homemade masks prepared according to folk recipes.
Regular and systematic scalp care will prevent hair loss in most cases. However, additional help is often needed in the form of medication.
Well-known helpers are such medicines and treatment methods:
- Finasteride is a hormonal agent in tablet form;
- "Minokidil" - drugs with this substance are used against hair loss against the background of hormonal imbalance;
- corticosteroids - pills and injections of hormonal drugs that suppress the immune system;
- laser therapy - often effective even with androgenetic alopecia;
- mesotherapy - injections of nutrients into the scalp;
- hair transplant.
Folk remedies for hair loss
How to prevent follicle loss in men at home with masks and applications? There are many time-tested recipes. Basically, the components of home masks have a warming, stimulating and nourishing effect.
One of the most famous natural stimulants is onions. The result will bring the regular use of such a mask - at least 1-2 times a week. It is enough just to chop one onion to a state of gruel, then displace it with 1 tablespoon of honey and rub it into the hair roots. Rinse off with a fragrant shampoo. You can get rid of the onion smell with water with lemon juice and rosemary essential oil.
The second place in the top fighters against male alopecia is hot pepper. Ready-made tincture can be purchased at a pharmacy or prepared by yourself. For use, you need to dilute the peppercorn with water, apply to the scalp and wrap it with polyethylene and a towel for half an hour. Pepper is often combined with an onion mixture and garlic juice to complement the stimulating and warming effect.
Natural oils are also renowned for their successful fight against the loss of hair follicles. Burdock, castor and sea buckthorn oils are especially effective for male pattern baldness. You can use oils individually or in combination.
The mixture is heated in a water bath and rubbed into the skin for 30-40 minutes twice a week. It is also very effective to combine any of the oils with mustard powder. In this case, the mask should be kept for 15-20 minutes, depending on the degree of burning.
Calendula tincture is also considered to be a wonderful remedy for preventing alopecia. If you purchased an alcoholic tincture at a pharmacy, then dilute it with water in proportions of 1: 3. After moistening a tissue napkin in the tincture, apply to the areas of the scalp affected by alopecia for 1 hour.
For the greatest efficiency, the application is used every two days for a month.