Table of contents:
2023 Author: Alfred Shackley | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-05-21 13:14
Nettle is a well-known medicinal plant. Everyone knows that she "stings", while painful sensations arise. But it is believed that it is even good for the body. Its burning properties are used to treat certain diseases.
Many, knowing about the beneficial properties of the plant, grow nettles in their personal plot. The ancestors claimed that there is a special day in the year when stinging nettle does not cause pain. It was believed that if a plant is harvested at this time, then it has healing properties.
Earlier, on this day, people went to the forest, spanked each other with nettles. They said that then during the whole year a person would not get sick. Since then, on May 14, it is necessary to collect wonderful nettles, which do not sting and have wonderful properties.
Useful properties of the plant
Even in ancient times, women used nettle decoctions for hair loss, as well as to improve the growth of strands. Nowadays, when everything natural is valued, interest in ancient recipes for masks and rinses from a hot agent has reappeared. It is used to restore and strengthen curls, used for the preparation of cosmetics for the care and treatment of curls. For this, there are special recipes for masks and decoctions, proven for centuries.
It is interesting that the "burning beauty" was used on the farm. For example, in the village as a brush for cleaning dishes, nettle will help in washing the pan without any problems. In addition, healthy vitamin salads, soups, etc. are prepared from a young plant. Nettle for hair loss is used in cosmetology and medicine. It is the main component in natural medicinal shampoos, balms, masks.
It can be used to treat coughs, bleeding, inflammatory diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, etc.
Nettle contains vitamins and minerals, chlorophyll, acids. Essential oils nourish and condition the scalp.
In caring for hair, this is simply an indispensable tool:
- helps get rid of dandruff;
- removes itching;
- eliminates oily skin;
- restores the shine of hairs, makes curls healthy;
- strengthens strands, improves hair growth;
- improves blood circulation and nutrition of hairs;
- reduces hair loss.
Experts say that the plant helps even in severely advanced cases, for example, with severe seborrhea. The main positive point is that nettle for hair growth is used as a natural product, it is available throughout the year. After all, the plant can be used both dried and fresh.
Application of "burning beauty"
The plant is added to various formulations. It can be tinctures, decoctions, masks, oils. In addition, gruel is made from the leaves, juice is squeezed out and an extract is made. Also, the plant can be used in conjunction with chamomile, burdock, egg, yogurt, yeast.
Recommendations for use.
- The broth is recommended to be produced in a water bath, which contributes to the preservation of nutrients.
- When preparing the infusion, it is advisable not to use boiling water. The plant should be filled with hot water (t = 80 - 90 C).
- Before brewing the herbs, you should decide on the volume in order to use the decoction once. The finished potion should be kept in the refrigerator for a fairly short period of time.
- If the leaves are damaged by insects, then it is better not to use them.
- Tall grass should be cut only from above, small - almost at the root.
- It is recommended to collect grass away from central roads and industrial enterprises.
- It is better not to harvest the plant within the city limits.
- The most valuable is the raw material harvested in May.
- Experts recommend adding nettle tea to shampoos and rinses.
- The collected grass should be rinsed with cold water.
- If it is necessary to dry the grass, then it should be dried for about 10 days in a well-ventilated place and not in direct sunlight. If the grass is properly dried, it will last for two years.
There are times when it is not possible to collect grass with your own hands, then you can buy it in pharmacies in dried form, and use it in various recipes for preparing hair care products.
Cooking nettle decoction to strengthen hair follicles
Fresh or dried nettle leaves - 100 g, filled with a liter of boiling water. Then everything is put on fire, boiled for half an hour over low heat (preferably in a water bath). Next, cool, then filter the mixture. Use as directed.
If we talk about masks, then adding a decoction to the composition, as required in the recipe, will be sufficient. When it is necessary to rinse the hair, the broth must be diluted in half a liter of water. The water should be warm, it is good to add a tablespoon of baking soda to it.
Rinse the curls from the bucket slowly. Then simply blot the hair with a towel. Do not use a hair dryer to dry. The strands should dry on their own. If there are serious problems, then it is advisable to rinse the hair with a decoction for the whole month every two days.
Nettle hair products
Rinsing curls is mainly used at home, as this is a fairly effective remedy.
Some people pour the decoction into a hair mask to achieve good results.
- Nettle broth prepared for hair growth: fresh grass is taken - 200 g, crushed, filled with boiling water in the amount of two liters. All this is boiled for a quarter of an hour over low heat. Then, the broth is infused for 30 minutes. As soon as the head is washed, rinse the strands with warm broth.
- Recipe for nettle infusion for hair loss: mix a tablespoon of nettle with a spoonful of burdock roots. Everything is poured with boiling water - 2 liters and infused in a closed container. Then this mixture should be heated in a steam bath for about 8 minutes. Insist for another half hour. Strain and rinse the curls.
- Nettle mask recipe for nourishing and strengthening curls: fresh nettle is crushed, yolk is added to it. Everything is mixed until a homogeneous mass is obtained. The resulting mixture is applied to the head and distributed along the length of the hair. The mask lasts for 20 minutes, washed off with warm water. Hot water must not be used.
If your hair is very dry, it is good to add a tablespoon of almond, olive or peach oil to the recipe. For oily curls in the main mask recipe, the egg can be used whole.
Thus, if the strands have faded, do not have the same shine and beauty, then the "burning beauty" will miraculously turn them into shiny curls that will grow quickly and not lose extra hairs!