Table of contents:
2023 Author: Alfred Shackley | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-05-21 13:14
As you know, women are very fond of experimenting with their appearance. Since ancient times, they have been applying cosmetics to their faces, trying to change their hair color, etc. Colored lenses became the most interesting invention more than thirty years ago.
This is an accessory that is used not only by those with vision problems. Of course, in many cases, correction is combined with a color change, but there are also situations when the eye color changes, and the quality of vision is not affected. Many women love the idea of changing the image, and changing the color of the eyes is quite an interesting experiment.
There are several options for how to do this:
- Change the shade of the iris. The natural color is enhanced by 10-20%. Or, for example, a bluish tint is given to a gray iris.
- Completely cover the natural color. For naturalness, a pattern is applied to the surface of such a lens, imitating the pattern of the iris.
It should be noted right away that for dark eyes (brown, dark green or black), tinted ones are not suitable.
They will either have no effect, or they will look ugly. For a dark iris, you need colored, heavily tinted lenses.
Many people buy them without thinking about the harm or benefits that they can cause, however, before interfering with the natural environment of the eye, it is better to ask what the pros and cons are in this method of changing the appearance.
So, the main question is, of course, the dye. Due to the coloring matter, the shade of the iris changes. It can be translucent, enhancing the natural color, or it can be "thick" completely coloring the iris. Manufacturers claim that this dye cannot cause any harm. We have to believe them, if only because this dye is located inside the material, is protected by a film on both sides, and therefore there is no contact with the mucous membrane. Therefore, we should not be afraid of the dye.
They also cannot distort vision, even if they are densely colored with an opaque dye. The fact is that a transparent spot is left in them, especially for the pupil, through which we look. Consequently, our vision does not notice the colored lens and this does not affect the "picture" that we see.
They have the same relation to conjunctivitis, or other eye diseases, as well as ordinary ones. Simply put, only poor hygiene practices can lead to health problems.
What problems can arise with them?
Some difficulties may still appear. For example, if it is bad to choose lenses without measuring the radius of curvature. The color field will be too wide, the transparent window is too small for your pupil. This will inevitably lead to a narrowing of the field of view. The eye will see less than in its natural position. It is worth remembering this if concentration is needed. Especially if you drive a car.
If, on the contrary, the pupil has narrowed strongly, this will not cause problems. The only inconvenience is that the natural rim of the iris will show through and the color change effect will not be ideal. As a rule, this is very noticeable and not too pretty.
In order to avoid problems with colored lenses, you must adhere to simple recommendations:
- As with conventional corrective lenses, colored lenses must be handled with great care. Rinse with a special solution, store in a special container. Handle them with exceptionally clean hands.
- In no case should you give them to be measured by another person (firstly, you spoil the person's idea of this object, since the level of curvature is different for everyone and your lenses will seem very uncomfortable, and secondly, it is not hygienic).
- Do not wear them for longer than the period specified by the manufacturer.
- It is best not to wear them in extremely dusty or smoky environments. The fact is that the mucous membrane of the eye dries up from smoke and dust stronger than usual. Lenses interfere with oxygen penetration, exacerbating the situation.
- Do not go to bed without taking them off. This is the same problem as with smoke. The eyes are closed at night, and the eyelids do not allow enough oxygen to pass through. If you fall asleep with them, you can completely provide oxygen starvation to your eyes.
- During illness, it is better to refuse lenses, since microbes and bacteria settle on them, falling directly into the mucous membrane.
- Apply makeup after the lenses are already in the eyes. However, you need to try so that shadows or mascaras do not fall on the mucous membrane, since cosmetics on the cornea cause a lot of inconvenience. I'll have to wash my eyes. The same applies to dust and debris that can get on the mucous membrane from the wind.
- Remove makeup after removing the lenses.
- Use sprays (perfume, hairspray, etc.) very carefully. The fact is that the ingress of even such small particles will lead to an uncomfortable sensation in the eyes.
- They can be harmful to people with physiological eye health problems. Buying them without consulting a doctor is highly discouraged. Inspection may reveal problems that are incompatible with this method of changing appearance.
- Carnival ones, those with drawings or special effects (fire, for example) are even thicker, so they cannot be worn for more than eight hours.
Effects of colored lenses on healthy eyes
If you follow all of the above rules, changing their color will not harm your eye health. It must be remembered that this is still a foreign body placed directly on the mucous membrane, so there may be discomfort from its presence, from dust, from the wind. If external factors do not scare you, you can be sure that your vision will remain healthy.
It is imperative to consult with a specialist, since the correct curvature indicator, the correct pupil diameter, is doubly important for healthy eyes. Agree, it would be a shame to spoil healthy vision because of a petty whim of a change of image.
The important point is that without trying on, you may not guess with the color. The point is that the color of your lens is superimposed on the color of the iris. The resulting shade may not match what you chose in the catalog. Fitting is a very real process that can be carried out in any optics salon. With the help of specialists, you will experiment right on the spot and you will be able to order what you like the most.
If you cannot decide what shade you want, and fitting is impossible, it is enough just to check it in the photo. Photoshop and dozens of other programs make it possible to "try on" a color without making expensive purchases and without making mistakes.
Do not be alarmed if for the first time it seems to you that your vision has deteriorated or has become cloudy. It's just that your eyes have to get used to it and in a couple of days the "veil" effect will pass.
So, if you follow all the rules of hygiene in relation to lenses, their use will not cause any problems.
The only thing that needs to be understood before buying them is that they are not an item that is comfortable to use.
They need care, they are palpable in the eyes and you have to get used to all this. But, as you know, beauty requires sacrifice. Don't sacrifice your health. Be beautiful, attentive and accurate in relation to vision, because it is not so difficult to combine all these moments.