Table of contents:
2023 Author: Alfred Shackley | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-05-21 13:14
Of course, the health and beauty of our hair depends on how we take care of it. However, no amount of expensive salon treatments and beauty treatments will help you achieve the perfect look for your hairstyle if your body lacks certain vitamins and minerals.
Hair follicles receive strength and energy from the inside, therefore proper and adequate nutrition is necessary for their normal growth.
It is from what we eat, first of all, that the condition of the strands and their beauty depends, or rather, on what vitamins and trace elements come with food and in what quantities.
There is even a special diet to combat hair loss and strengthen strands along the entire length.
In this article, we will tell you what you need to eat to stimulate hair growth and strengthen so that your hairstyle always looks perfect.
What products stimulate hair growth and strengthen hair along its entire length?
The diet of any person who cares about their hair and wants to always look good should consist of foods fortified with iron and calcium, plenty of fresh herbs and leafy vegetables, and some dishes that have a beneficial effect on the state of our body as a whole.
In particular, the following are considered the best products for hair growth and strengthening:
- fatty fish and especially salmon. This particular variety of red fish is the most enriched with Omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids, which are very important for the full health of the scalp. The lack of this beneficial element usually manifests itself in the form of excessive dryness of the scalp, while the curls themselves, as a rule, look unusually thin and emaciated. In addition, salmon and other types of oily fish are sources of natural protein, as well as iron and vitamin B12, which perfectly stimulate the growth of strands, tone them up, strengthen and nourish them along the entire length. During the preparation of fish dishes, you can also add a small amount of flaxseed oil - a vegetable source of the same nutrients;
- fresh herbs and green vegetables such as broccoli, spinach, and beets. All products that are green contain a huge amount of calcium, iron, as well as vitamins A and C. A lack of all these substances can lead to hair loss, split ends, changes in the structure of curls and other problems of the scalp. If you constantly include fresh herbs and leafy vegetables in your diet, you can provide your hair with the necessary elements. Thanks to this, the sebaceous glands will produce sebum in a sufficient and optimal amount. In this state of affairs, the scalp secretion will act as a natural protective hair conditioner;
- legumes are perhaps the main source of protein needed for the rapid and proper growth of curls, as well as iron, biotin and zinc. It is the lack of biotin in most cases that is the reason for the excessive fragility and fragility of the strands, therefore, its shortage must be constantly replenished. Most modern trichologists agree that an adult needs to eat 3 or more glasses of lentils or beans for the health and beauty of hair;
- nuts. By and large, all nuts entering the human body have a beneficial effect on the state of his hair.
At the same time, there are several varieties that are most beneficial for our hair, namely:
- Brazil nut - a product that is incredibly rich in selenium - an important trace element for the health of the scalp and the strength of the curls themselves;
- walnuts - a source of alpha-linolenic acid, one of the varieties of omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids;
- cashews, almonds and pecans contain in their composition a huge amount of zinc, so necessary for the normal growth of curls and their strengthening;
- poultry - chicken and turkey. Poultry is very high in protein, like some other foods, and is also a source of protein and iron. The lack of all these substances often leads to the fact that the hair becomes unusually weak, brittle at the ends or along the entire length, dull and discolored. The undoubted advantage of chicken and turkey meat is that all these useful substances, when consumed by this kind of meat, are absorbed unusually quickly and almost completely. In addition, turkey belongs to the category of dietary and hypoallergenic foods, so even those people who do not eat many dishes due to their intolerance to the gastrointestinal tract can include it in their diet;
eggs should also be noted among the healthy foods for hair. Regardless of what form you like to eat this product - hard-boiled, soft-boiled, in the form of scrambled eggs or omelette, your body, along with chicken eggs, receives an incredible amount of protein, as well as quite a lot of vitamin B12 and biotin;
- Whole grain cereals and baked goods made from whole grains also play an important role in the health and appearance of our hair. This is due to the fact that they contain a large amount of zinc, various B vitamins and iron;
- a well-known delicacy, oysters, few people can include in their daily menu due to the excessively high cost. But this product is simply incredibly rich in zinc, which is responsible for the active growth, beauty and health of our curls. In addition, oysters are a well-known aphrodisiac, as they increase sexual desire for a partner. That is why you should not give up this delicacy if you have the opportunity to pamper yourself with it at least sometimes;
- dairy products also help our hair grow beautiful and healthy. This is due to the fact that they contain a huge amount of calcium, which has a beneficial effect on the condition of teeth, nails and curls. In addition, milk, kefir, cottage cheese and natural yogurt are valuable sources of casein and whey - useful protein elements. Dairy products are best consumed daily, because they are not too expensive, but at the same time are very useful for the human body;
- finally, carrots can help improve the condition and appearance of our hair. This unique vegetable contains an incredible amount of carotene, or vitamin A, which helps to maintain the health of the scalp and increase the nutrition of the hair follicles. Thanks to this, the rate of hair growth increases, the curls themselves are strengthened, and also acquire vitality, tone and natural shine.
To keep the appearance of your hair always at the highest level, you need to follow a balanced diet, which includes fresh and heat-treated fruits and vegetables, cereals, meat, fish, legumes, dairy products, baked goods and other healthy foods.
Meanwhile, most people, for one reason or another, cannot eat all products from the above categories.
In particular, many girls want to get rid of a few extra pounds and therefore refuse bread, some types of fish and meat, and other dishes. Other people cannot eat certain foods due to health problems such as diabetes, gastritis, or stomach ulcers.
Under these circumstances, your hair follicles are deprived of a huge amount of useful vitamins and nutrients, so their deficiency must be replenished by taking modern multivitamin complexes.
In order to choose the most suitable and safest drug, it is recommended to first consult with your doctor.