Table of contents:
2023 Author: Alfred Shackley | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-05-21 13:14
More recently, doctors unequivocally advised pregnant women to completely abandon the use of cosmetics - hair dyes, lipsticks and mascara, now they recommend “not to get carried away” with improving their image.
Most modern self-care products are made on the basis of natural raw materials, and you can always choose cosmetics that do not negatively affect the health of a pregnant woman.
However, it is advised to refuse staining with persistent paints and perm while carrying a baby. Is it possible to do hair lamination for pregnant women?
During the procedure, each hair is covered with a protective film made of natural cellulose, which does not impede the penetration of air. Protective "cocoon" reduces the negative impact of the external environment, high temperatures during installation and chlorinated water. Cellulose, which is applied to the strands, resembles dandelion juice in consistency.
Algorithm of the procedure.
- Hair is washed with a deep cleansing shampoo that does not contain keratin, protein and silicones - it is necessary to open the scales as much as possible in order to facilitate the access of beneficial substances deep into the keratin rod.
- The strands are not completely dried with a hairdryer - they should remain slightly damp.
- A product containing proteins and silicone is applied to the curls. Wait 15 minutes for everything to be absorbed and evenly distributed. Each strand is processed separately. For this, a brush is used - the composition is applied like hair dye.
- Hot phase - the hair is warmed up so that the composition is fixed using a special lamp.
- Then an oily agent is applied to the strands to restore the structure and create a protective film.
- Lastly, a mixture of regenerating action with lamination properties is applied, covering the scales of keratin rods and ensuring smoothness and softness for 4-5 weeks.
The final stage is rinsing the head to wash off excess laminating composition and applying balm to the strands. After that, the hair is dried and styled into a hairdo.
Since the protective agent, in addition to silicone, contains useful substances - silk proteins, keratin, which is similar in structure to natural, the procedure allows not only to improve the appearance, but also to restore the structure of the affected hair. Lamination is colorless and colorless.
Why do you need a hair lamination procedure
During pregnancy, hair often exfoliates, becomes dull - the body "redistributes" the intake of nutrients, and the blood supply to peripheral vessels slows down. When a protective film is applied, the curls acquire a healthy look, become smooth and elastic.
Lamination helps to cope with the problem of delamination of keratin rods, ensures a snug fit of the scales protecting the hair root layer.
The protective coating protects the hair from the influence of negative factors - frost, wind, heat, dyes. Street dust does not eat into the keratin rod, corroding it, but remains on the surface and is easily washed off.
Styling is made easier - overdried strands become elastic and obedient, they are easy to fix in the hair.
Contraindications to lamination
Everyone wants to have beautiful and shiny hair, but the procedure is not available to everyone.
And not because it is not cheap - you have to pay from 2,000 to 3,000 rubles per session.
An experienced master will try to dissuade clients from the service when starting alopecia.
In this case, the hair follicles are weakened and an increase in the load that the heavier strands will exert will increase hair loss.
Owners of thin and weak hair are also undesirable to order this service. It is categorically impossible to do lamination for dermatological problems of the scalp, if there are wounds on the skin, inflammatory processes, acne.
Contraindication is individual intolerance to the composition used.
Hair lamination during pregnancy can be done - this condition is not included in the list of contraindications. The main components of the recipes used are extracts from natural products - wheat protein, dandelion leaf extract or young zucchini. These compounds do not have a negative effect on the development of the fetus.
The only recommendation is that in order to exclude harm from a possible allergic reaction when lamination of hair during pregnancy, it is necessary to conduct a skin and respiratory test in advance. For this, a drop of the composition used is applied to the elbow and wait 30 minutes. If there is no irritation, the smell does not cause unpleasant associations, you can go to the cashier and pay for the service.
How to smooth curls at home
As already found out, it is not contraindicated for pregnant women to laminate their hair. But many women are afraid to visit hairdressing salons when carrying a baby - other clients can dye their hair or do a perm at the same time. Harsh chemical odors can trigger nausea and dizziness.
But this does not mean at all that the service will have to be abandoned.
- The craftsman can be invited home - the procedure does not require the installation of a special hood;
- purchase a lamination composition and perform the procedure at home on your own or by calling on a friend for help;
- smooth hair with gelatin.
The algorithm for performing the home procedure is as follows:
- dissolve gelatin in warm water, filter;
- the head is thoroughly washed with deep cleansing shampoo, a turban is wound from a terry towel to remove excess moisture;
- then the gelatin mixture is heated in a water bath, filtered to remove all lumps;
- the resulting warm gelatin solution is mixed with a nutritious balm, the composition of which does not require rinsing;
- applied to the strands, like paint, leaving an indent from the roots of about 0.5-0.8 centimeters.
Allow to soak for 30-40 minutes, but do not wait for complete drying. Then the hair is rinsed with herbal infusions - mint, lemon balm, sage - to remove the remains of gelatin and balm, dried with a hairdryer and styled.
Lamination with gelatin is not enough for several weeks - it lasts until the next shampooing. However, this procedure makes the hair smooth, elastic and protects it from negative factors as reliably as after treatment with special professional means.
The nuances of hair care during pregnancy
There are no contraindications for haircuts - during pregnancy, you can safely cut your hair.
When applying masks, preference should be given to home formulations that include natural ingredients. Masks to stimulate hair growth should be avoided, which contain irritating agents - pepper tincture, alcohol, mustard powder, onion and garlic juices.
Hair coloring is not recommended. With a change in the hormonal background, the final result may not be at all what was expected.
In addition, chemical reagents can cause negative respiratory reactions. If you really want to change your image, then it is advisable to do this with the help of natural dyes - infusion of chamomile, nettle, lemon juice, baking soda and similar products. Stimulating hair growth with alternating currents or laser treatments can negatively affect the health of a pregnant woman.
You should not build up strands - the hair follicles are weakened at this time, and hair loss can be provoked.
Lamination has no contraindications during pregnancy - the expectant mother can enjoy the softness, shine and elasticity of her own strands until the very birth.