Table of contents:
2023 Author: Alfred Shackley | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-05-21 13:14
It is always good to use herbs to strengthen the roots and hair growth. Infusions for rinsing are made from plant preparations, gruel from herbal raw materials is applied instead of lotions to relieve the inflammatory process of the scalp and increase the activity of hair follicles, decoctions are drunk to saturate the body with vitamins that are responsible for the quality of hair.
A perennial herb - St. John's wort - is used for cosmetic purposes as widely as for medical purposes. Other plant names: kravnik, red grass, healthy grass, ailment, youth blood.
Already from the name it is clear in which medical field this plant, ubiquitous in the temperate and warm climate of Eurasia, is most popular. Masks and rinses from St. John's wort increase blood supply in the root zone, hair follicles are strengthened, more nutrients are supplied to them, hair becomes thicker and grows faster. The action of St. John's wort also has a beneficial effect on the scalp - its tone increases, itching and irritation are eliminated.
Benefits of St. John's Wort Herb for Hair Growth
For the growth and strengthening of hair, herbs are used that have anti-inflammatory, regenerative and stimulating properties, which have a rich chemical composition - just such a plant is St. John's wort. It contains: phytoncides, saponins, alkaloids, coumarins, tannins, resins, choline and essential oils, the latter so many that an oil is often made from plant raw materials, which has a healing effect on the state of hair.
The beneficial substances found in the plant - vitamins A, C, PP, E - penetrate the hair follicles and enrich them. With regular use of St. John's wort masks, the strands become more obedient and shiny.
The use of St. John's wort for the care of curls
Most often, an infusion is made from plant raw materials. To do this, 1 spoonful of dried raw materials or 2, 5 fresh ones are turned into a brew and diluted to a volume of a liter. If the secretion of sebum is increased, the saturation of the solution is doubled.
In case of scalp irritation and dandruff, for application as a mask, steam as much green mass as needed to cover the entire problem area. This compress suppresses the activity of the fungal flora that causes dandruff and eliminates itching in the hair growth zone. The skin is cleansed and oxygen supply is restored, the greenhouse effect disappears.
In some cases, to eliminate inflammatory processes, it is recommended to add alcoholic infusions based on this plant to the care products. In a bottle of vodka - 0.5 l - 5-6 measuring spoons of St. John's wort are poured from dark glass. The mixture is left in a dark place at room temperature for 7-9 days, shaking occasionally.
The resulting medicine is further treated with inflamed areas, trying to prevent the composition from getting on the strands - it has a pronounced drying effect. If acne occupies large areas in the root zone, then it is better to dilute the infusion with water.
To make hair masks, St. John's wort oil is obtained at home using a method called maceration in the industry. The quality of the product is similar to almond oil, its structure is quite light, and the smell is pleasant.
Method for making butter.
- 3 scoops of dry vegetable raw materials or five fresh ones are placed in a dark glass bottle, pouring in 100 ml of vegetable oil.
- The container is tightly closed and put into the refrigerator; periodically shaking vigorously, insist 10-14 days.
- As soon as the mixture is infused, it is filtered and used for its intended purpose - to care for the scalp.
In most cases, refined olive or sunflower oil is used for pouring, but some prefer petroleum jelly - it has no odor and the final product is more aromatic.
In industrial production, St. John's wort oil is obtained by the extraction method. It is distilled, saturated with carbon dioxide, stabilized with antioxidants and enriched with rosemary extract. Such a product can be stored in the light, its healing qualities are more pronounced.
Hypericum hair care options
To prepare this mask, it is better to use St. John's wort oil.
- 2 scoops of this oil are mixed with fermented baked milk or yogurt - dairy products are taken in the same volume. Castor oil and honey are added to the mixture - 1 tablespoon each.
- Before rubbing it into the scalp, the agent is heated in a water bath so that it becomes slightly warmer than body temperature.
- It is better to wash your head before the procedure, soak your hair a little with a towel - it should not be dried.
Another recipe to fight dandruff. Mix in equal amounts of St. John's wort and almond oil - 1.5 scoops are enough, add 2 scoops of lemon juice.
Strengthening the structure of keratin rods
- In 4 scoops of high-fat kefir - you can use unsweetened yogurt or yogurt - pour in St. John's wort oil - 3 scoops, drive the yolk into the mixture.
- An infusion is made from a mixture of plant materials - chamomile and St. John's wort - 4 scoops each. When the liquid becomes intensely colored, it is drained - it is useful for rinsing. Add 2 scoops of burdock oil to the not squeezed herbal gruel.
- The broth is made from St. John's wort and chamomile or sage. 100 ml of water is poured over a tablespoon of herbal raw materials and boiled for 5-10 minutes so that the liquid becomes slightly viscous. Cool a little, filter. St. John's wort oil is added to the mixture - 1 scoop.
An effective mask for hair loss
- An infusion of 3 measuring spoons of St. John's wort is made in the usual way.
- Mixed with onion juice - squeeze a medium-sized onion.
- Add 1/3 cup milk.
All masks are rubbed into the scalp, left under a warming cap for 40-50 minutes. Wash off with a light shampoo - it is advisable to purchase a baby detergent that contains no aromatized or reinforcing additives and a minimum of preservatives. If the onion juice mask causes severe burning, it should be washed off earlier.
St. John's wort treatment will be more effective if, after the strengthening procedure, rinse the hair with a special infusion - 3-5 scoops of fresh or dried St. John's wort, infused in a liter of water.
St. John's wort is recommended to be used to normalize the production of sebaceous secretions, treat oily seborrhea, eliminate inflammatory processes for oily and problematic scalp with two-month courses.
When treating in the summer for 2 days after the treatment procedure, you should avoid exposure to the sun with your head uncovered. Plant raw materials increase sensitivity to ultraviolet light.