Table of contents:
2023 Author: Alfred Shackley | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-05-21 13:14
The intense rhythm of modern life cannot but affect the condition of the skin, especially in the area around the eyes, where the surface is the thinnest and most delicate.
Frequent lack of sleep, bad habits, snacks on the go, over time begin to appear in the form of bags under the eyes, bruises, edema, dryness and wrinkles at a fairly young age. And the further, the problems are aggravated by a decrease in the body's ability to produce substances that are responsible for the firmness and elasticity of the skin.
There are various remedies available to help with the problem, one of which is gel face masks.
What are the gel masks for the skin around the eyes?
There are different types of gel masks.
Goggle masks, gel-soaked pads or home-made mixtures are widespread.
Silicone glasses are similar to masquerade glasses, only inside they contain a jelly-like substance or gel balls. Such masks are known as Gezatone BREEZE, Cucumbers, SPA Belle, etc. They contain various plant components, for example, algae, vitamins of group A. Before use, they can be cooled by leaving in the refrigerator. In this case, the effect will be tonic, puffiness will subside, bruises, wrinkles will be smoothed out, even the headache will go away. If the glasses are warmed by holding them under hot water, the effect will be soothing, fatigue and redness will disappear. The gel substance simultaneously has the effect of a light massage, which also helps to increase the tone, improve blood circulation, and, consequently, metabolic processes
The masks are very comfortable and easy to apply. They are placed on the eyes, after cleaning the area of application. They are also reusable.
The disadvantages include the fact that the beneficial substances inside the silicone shell do not penetrate deep into the skin, therefore, there is no deep hydration and nutrition.
Silicone glasses are contraindicated for eye conditions such as glaucoma, retinal problems, conjunctivitis, or after recent surgery.
In the cosmetic department, you can buy ready-made masks in the form of gel-impregnated pads. Thanks to the components that make up their composition, deep hydration occurs, as well as nutrition. The products effectively fight edema, dark circles, smoothing fine wrinkles.
- SKINLITE hyaluronic acid. The composition includes hyaluronic acid, phyto-collagen, vitamins. The mixture has a rejuvenating effect, gradually removes wrinkles. Improves blood circulation, has a lifting effect. After application, the eye area looks refreshed and smoothed.
- SHARY visage gel pads. The composition includes extracts of chamomile, peony, watermelon, lemongrass, licorice, collagen. Relieve fatigue, puffiness, tone and moisturize. Freshness appears after application. The area around the eyes becomes firm.
- Gel pads Novosvit. Contains ginseng extract. They have a rejuvenating effect, intensively nourish and moisturize. After application, the eyes look younger, wrinkles are smoothed out.
The masks are simple and easy to use. The impregnated pads are placed on a clean face, and later carefully removed, if excess remains, they are washed off with water.
You should pay attention to the composition, as some components can cause allergic reactions. Masks cannot be used for various inflammatory diseases of the eyes, as well as skin lesions. If the substance gets on the mucous membrane, it must be washed off immediately with copious amounts of water.
If there is no opportunity or time to buy a ready-made mask, you can use homemade products. Having made the correct proportion, you get a jelly-like consistency that resembles a gel.
- Banana gel. You need half a banana, olive oil. It is necessary to grate the pulp, then add the heated oil, stir the consistency and cool. Apply lightly to the eye area, then rinse with water. The mask perfectly nourishes, moisturizes, relieves swelling and fatigue. After application, the surface is leveled and has a healthy appearance.
- Honey gel. You will need honey, yolk. It is necessary to mix 1 yolk with 1 spoon of honey. It is better to beat with a mixer. The product is applied, then washed off with water. The mask relieves fatigue, puffiness, smoothes, tones up. After application, the color is noticeably improved, as well as the condition of the surface of the skin.
- Peach gel. You need half a peach, olive oil. It is necessary to rub the fruit, then add 1 tablespoon of oil, mix thoroughly, you can cool it a little by holding it in the refrigerator, then put it on the eye area. The mask tones, improves blood circulation, metabolic processes, smoothes fine wrinkles, removes irregularities. After application, the face looks younger.
It does not take much time to prepare the mask at home. The durability of the effect will be strengthened by regular use. The main thing is to choose the right ingredients, and the result will not be long in coming.
For a more relaxing and soothing effect, the mixture can be slightly warmed up by placing the container in hot water for 5 minutes. The cooling mask tones and relieves puffiness, for this it is left in the refrigerator. It is better to apply the substance to the eyes with light massaging movements. This massage will help improve blood circulation and nutrition.
However, despite the naturalness of the ingredients, you need to remember about contraindications, which include inflammatory diseases of the eyelids, damage to the outer covers, as well as allergic reactions. Skin tests should be done before using any product. This will help avoid serious complications.
The action of all gel masks is aimed at solving the same problems with which they successfully cope. In terms of convenience, "glasses" would suit those who are very busy at work, spend a lot of time at the computer or reading, causing fatigue, redness, and bags. Traditional medicine is always at hand with housewives.
However, one or another remedy should be chosen based on the condition of the skin, which can only be determined by a specialist after conducting the necessary diagnostics. And also do not forget about a healthy lifestyle and proper nutrition.