Table of contents:
2023 Author: Alfred Shackley | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-05-21 13:14
Many women have faced the problem of eyelid puffiness at least once in their lives. This not only spoils the appearance, but also signals the presence of some deviations in health. There are several popular recipes that will quickly cope with the existing problem.
Why does edema appear?
There are many different reasons that lead to edema. Most often, fluid in the eye area accumulates due to prolonged lack of sleep, attending parties with drinks, as well as after tearful tantrums. Edema appears due to the accumulation of interstitial fluid, which is delayed due to the occurrence of problems in metabolic processes. There are several reasons that can trigger the appearance of such problems on the upper eyelids.
For example, it can be inflammatory processes and various diseases.
Other common causes are: allergies, hormonal disruptions, heredity, excess salt and eye strain. If the edema has been tormenting for a long time and the problem has become systemic, then it is worth consulting a doctor, perhaps the reason lies much deeper and it cannot be solved without qualified help.
It is worth noting that fluid accumulation can occur in other areas of the body as well. Due to the fact that the skin in this area is too thin, and there is no subcutaneous fat, the edema is more pronounced. It is important to say that bags are a completely different problem that appears due to the loss of elasticity and firmness of the skin.
How to effectively relieve swelling of the eyelids?
To cope with this problem, you can use several popular recipes that are effective and many have already been able to evaluate the result on themselves. They are based exclusively on the use of natural products and medicinal plants.
It is worth noting that traditional medicines require a longer use to obtain a result, but at the same time it will be long or will lead to a complete recovery. Remember that it is necessary to use folk recipes in case of problems with internal organs and systems only in consultation with a doctor.
How to remove existing swelling of the eyelids:
- Lotions made from chopped parsley are considered effective. The mass should be applied to the eyelids and covered with moistened cotton pads;
- make a sour cream and parsley mask, for which mix 1 tbsp. a spoonful of chopped greens with 2 teaspoons of a fermented milk product. Apply the resulting mass to the problem area and leave for 30 minutes;
- you can remove the swelling with the help of contrasting compresses, which are prepared from a decoction of sage. The first thing to do is to prepare a healing liquid, for which in 1 tbsp. put boiling water 1 teaspoon of herbs and leave to infuse under the lid for 10 minutes. Strain and divide the infusion into equal portions. Cool one part and leave the other hot. Take gauze napkins or cotton pads and moisten them alternately, in hot, then in cold liquid and apply to the problem area for 5 minutes. In general, the procedure should last half an hour;
- talking about how to quickly remove swelling of the eyelids, it is worth mentioning a proven recipe with raw potatoes. Peel one tuber and chop it on a fine grater, and then squeeze the resulting mass through cheesecloth. It is necessary to lubricate the area around the eyes with juice. You can soak cotton pads in it and put on your face;
- Compresses from a decoction of parsley, dill and chamomile have proven themselves well. Take 1 teaspoon of the declared herb and pour the collection of 1 tbsp. boiling water. Leave it on for half an hour, then strain and use warm. It is worth making lotions in the morning and before bedtime, holding moistened cotton pads for 10 minutes;
- a chamomile compress will help to cope with the problem. Fold a piece of cheesecloth in half, place two handfuls of chamomile on top of it, and then form a pouch. Make another one like this. Dip the prepared bags in boiling water and bring to a boil. Then cool the bags and apply them over your eyes. It is worth saying that such compresses will not only help relieve swelling, but also reduce the appearance of wrinkles and reduce the risk of new ones. For this procedure, you can also use chamomile tea bags;
- you can make lotions from rosehip or rose petals. For the procedure, you need to take dried petals and place them in gauze bags. Dip them in hot water, chill a little, and then place them over your eyes.
- there is another effective method - lotions from birch leaves. It is necessary to pick fresh leaves from the tree and soak them in cold water for 8 hours. For 1 tbsp. a spoonful of leaves must be taken with 250 ml of water. In the liquid, you need to moisten cotton pads and apply them to the problem area;
- ice cubes will help to improve the outflow of fluid. Prepare an herbal decoction, such as chamomile or mint, pour into molds and freeze. You can also use vegetable and citrus juice;
- a regular cream can help remove swelling, but only if caffeine is included. Apply a lot of product to your eyelids and massage gently to improve fluid drainage;
- the simplest and most affordable method involves the use of ordinary metal spoons. Take 4 tablespoons and chill them in cold water. After that, put 2 over your eyes, and leave the rest in a glass. When the spoons are warm, change them to cold ones. This method is based on the fact that cold contributes to the constriction of blood vessels. Milk can be used instead of water, as milk fat can soften irritated skin;
- Since ancient times, an ordinary cucumber has been used to get rid of eyelid edema. Cut the vegetable into slices and place on the problem area. Grind a cucumber on a grater, put the mass on your eyes, and cover on top with cotton pads dipped in milk;
- a well-proven egg white mask, which contains vitamin B2, improves blood circulation and tightens the skin. Using a whisk, beat the whites into a cool foam, and then apply with a brush to the problem area. Leave everything for 15 minutes. and wash off;
- it should also be said that swelling from the eyelids will help remove a diuretic, for example, tea made from birch leaves has a good effect. In 1 st. put boiling water 2 teaspoons of leaves and leave for 10 minutes. All that remains is to drink a drink;
- start your morning with a contrasting wash, so for several minutes you should wash yourself with hot or cold water;
- a relaxing and invigorating massage is recommended. To do this, just massage your eyelids with your index fingers, alternating strong pressure with more gentle ones. Also massage the corners of the eyes and temples for 3 minutes. Repeat the exercises several times throughout the day. You can also perform simple gymnastics, rotate your eyes first clockwise, and then against it. You can also blink quickly and close your eyes tightly.
Keep in mind that it is much easier to prevent a problem from occurring than to deal with it. You should not eat and drink a lot before bed, and also do not sit in front of the computer for a long time at night and do not drink a lot of alcohol. Do not forget about good sleep and good health.
We hope that now you should not have any problems with how to remove the resulting swelling from the upper eyelids. Use the recipes presented to find the most suitable and effective option for yourself.