Table of contents:
2023 Author: Alfred Shackley | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-05-21 13:14
For those who at least once faced the problem of combing hair, the question of finding a solution to the tangled strands will be relevant. For such purposes, special smoothing masks and hair sprays are often used. You can choose the right composition in the store, contact a beauty salon for help, or try to cook something similar at home.
Features of straighteners
Many girls are faced with such a situation when it is not possible to comb the strands, no matter how hard you try. This problem especially affects long-haired beauties, owners of natural curls and dry damaged hair.
How to find a way out of this situation?
Often women with such problems use special cosmetics. Mostly these are various sprays for easy combing and caring masks. You can buy such a tool in almost any store. However, not all of these cosmetics can really help. In this case, it is better to use healthier natural options. The choice of home masks is extraordinarily huge, as they can include completely different components and their combinations.
Achieving the effect of hair straightening is carried out by means of a multifaceted effect on them:
- elimination of microdamages on the surface of the hair shaft;
- strengthening the inner structure and outer cuticle;
- "Gluing" scales;
- creation of an additional outer shell;
- a kind of stretching of the rod;
- hydration and nutrition;
- creating an antistatic effect.
As a result, after a course of procedures, the strands are easily separated, become smooth and shiny. For damaged curls, this is a real find.
Smoothing masks for tangled strands
Of all the homemade smoothing hair masks, the most appreciated are perhaps those that can solve the problem of tangled strands.
In order not to have to say goodbye to luxurious long hair, you can try the following recipe. Mix burdock and olive oil in one container, add capsules of vitamins A and E. Heat the mass and apply it along the entire length. Such an oil composition will saturate the strands with vitamins and make them softer. This is especially true with excessive dryness.
Smoothing masks are designed to combat the problem of lack of nutrition and hydration.
That is why absolutely any products that have similar properties are suitable for their manufacture.
- Aloe juice. Natural source of nutrients. It has a mild effect even in the most confusing cases. On the basis of aloe juice, you can prepare fortified water. To do this, add 1 tablespoon of juice to 1 glass of pure water. You can also pour in an ampoule of vitamin B group here. Then you need to spray the strands with this water before each combing;
- Henna. For masks, its colorless variety is mainly used. It helps to restore vitality and give a pleasant shine;
- Honey. It is the best natural source of vitamins. After using it, the curls become soft to the touch and noticeably more well-groomed in appearance;
- Milk products. In particular, we are talking about fermented milk drinks such as kefir, whey, yogurt and yogurt, as well as sour cream and cream. With their help, the imperfections of both dry and oily hair are eliminated;
- Egg yolk. It is a source of protein and vitamins that are important for maintaining the ideal condition of curls. Thanks to this component, the mask lies down more evenly and works as efficiently as possible.
In addition, various essential oils can be added to the composition. The most popular in this case include rosemary, ylang-ylang and geranium.
Methods for making shine and silkiness
In order to finally consolidate the result of hair improvement, it is necessary to achieve their ideal smoothness and natural shine. To do this, you should use simple recipes for hair smoothing masks.
As already mentioned, one of the best remedies that can soften hair and smooth cuticles is honey. It can be added to the composition of any mask, as well as to prepare honey rinsing water on its basis. In this case, the concentration of the product should be very low, so as not to feel sticky and dirty.
Also, in order for the strands to be smooth, a variety of oils are actively used. The range of such care products is unusually huge, and therefore you can take any of them, but only with the mark "cosmetic": avocado, coconut, grape seed, almond, olive, nettle, burdock, etc.
You can also achieve softness, easy combing and shine with these options:
- cognac. This is a valuable drink, including in terms of cosmetology. It is the cognac that gives the curls a pleasant rich shine;
- vodka. With its help, you can achieve volume and greater softness, as well as incredible shine for blondes;
- lemon. Lemon juice is often added to masks. It can also be used to dilute rinse water and spray on wet strands after washing;
- vinegar. Here, too, the active ingredient is acid. You need to mix the vinegar with water so as not to burn your hair. For 1 liter of water, 1-2 tablespoons of vinegar are enough. You can take a regular table or other types of it: wine, apple, rice, etc.;
- black tea (as well as coffee). For brunettes, this is one of the most effective remedies. It is advisable to take loose leaf tea. You can also use ground brewed coffee;
- herbs. Various dry and fresh medicinal herbs can be used to prepare infusions and decoctions for rinsing and adding to masks. With their help, you can even give the curls a special shade.
Straightener for smooth strands
A very interesting tool that is increasingly used to keep the strands smooth is gelatin lamination. It is quite simple to do it at home, even without outside help. To do this, you only need a few bags of gelatin and warm water.
The recipe for preparing a laminating mixture is as simple as possible. All you need to do is soak the powder in hot water. For dry strands, you can add yolk, and for oily strands, lemon juice. After the substance has completely dissolved and cooled down a little, you can start applying the mass. This should be done on damp hair. To do this, step back from the roots just a couple of centimeters and evenly distribute the liquid jelly-like mass.
To activate the mask, you need to warm it up with a hairdryer. After 30-50 minutes of exposure, the gelatin can be washed off. Please note that if there are any undissolved lumps in the water, it will be difficult to comb them out.
Home lamination is one of the best ways to make your hair shiny, smooth and tangle free. It can also help to straighten even curly strands.
For unruly curly hair, in addition to the above recipes, you can pick up several special options.
Many curly girls want to straighten their curls at least for a while. You don't have to go to the salon to do this, unless you want to achieve a long and lasting effect. For a one-time straightening, you can add some special components to your usual masks.
For example, glycerin has good smoothing properties. Very little of it is needed, since with an excess of glycerin, the strands can be overdried.
To consolidate the effect for very curly hair, you must use an iron. Thermal exposure in this case is indispensable.
It is also worth noting the already mentioned gelatin lamination. It is thanks to him that you can achieve the maximum result without using auxiliary chemicals and going through salon procedures.
To straighten the curls after removing the mask, dry the strands with a towel. Then, with further drying, they need to be straightened with a comb. This can take a long time, but the effect will be quite noticeable.
Thanks to such techniques, even the most unruly hair can be smoothed out and given a well-groomed look. Experiment with formulations and add new ingredients to help you achieve your goal!