Table of contents:
2023 Author: Alfred Shackley | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-05-21 13:14
Masks with white clay have become widespread in home cosmetology relatively recently, but have already managed to prove themselves from the best side.
The influence of their main ingredient on the skin of the face is multifaceted: it relieves acne, blackheads and closed comedones, regulates and controls sebum production, mattifies, evens out tone and micro-relief.
The composition of white clay is a unique rock, mined in the Chinese province of Kaolin. By the way, it is in honor of the deposit that the powder is sometimes called "kaolin". Its valuable properties are extensive and it helps to cope with a wide range of dermatological problems. First of all, his actions are aimed at treating problem skin of the face.
How do masks work?
Masks made of white clay have tremendous biological activity - sometimes noticeable improvements in the condition of the skin of the face can be noted after a few sessions of using the product.
Home remedies based on the component are suitable for both oily (problem) and normal or combination skin. Clay masks for acne are most pronounced.
The beneficial properties of the main ingredient are based on the following actions:
- Deep cleansing;
Taken together, these actions have a powerful healing effect on problem skin of the face, supporting it and stimulating its barrier functions.
Masks based on white clay can also be performed on dry, especially artificially dehydrated (atopic) skin. It is believed that dehydration is associated with the appearance of acne in the most direct way - by losing moisture, the dermis begins to turn on additional protective levers, producing excess sebum. It clogs up the narrow pores and begins to inflame right in them. Thus, dehydrated skin can become problematic on its own, even if it is not genetically oily and porous.
The properties of white clay in this case are very useful - the silica contained in it saturates the cells with additional nutrition and retains moisture in them, maintaining the optimal water balance of the epidermis of the face.
White clay masks provide a therapeutic effect:
- Relieve inflammation;
- Cleanses pores from comedones;
- Dissolve sebaceous plugs and remove them;
- Dry acne;
- Smooth and soften the cover;
- Prevents acne spots and lightens existing scars.
You can appreciate the beneficial properties of the product by using it in home cosmetology procedures on a regular basis. But keep in mind that without additional treatment, it will not be able to completely rid you of acne, especially bacterial or fungal origin.
The best recipes for masks based on the product
White clay powder lends itself well to dissolving in water, and it is pleasant to apply the ready-made mass to the skin of the face. In the form of a mask, you can use both the classic mono-component composition, and various variations with additional ingredients.
Classic mask with white clay for problem skin:
- Dilute one and a half tablespoons of powder with two tablespoons of warm distilled water;
- Stir the resulting mass until a creamy structure is obtained, then season it with three drops of tea tree essential oil;
- Apply the mixture to the cleansed face in an even, moderately thick layer;
- Soak until dry and wash off with warm water without using soapy products.
Powerful anti-acne formula:
- Mix a tablespoon of white powder mass with two tablespoons of a forty percent alcohol solution;
- Add a tablespoon of biostimulated aloe vera juice to the resulting mass;
- Stir the components of the mask and apply the mixture to the surface of the face;
- Soak for 15 minutes, then rinse with warm water or milk of your choice.
Drying mass for the face of white clay and egg white:
- Dilute a tablespoon of the powder with clean drinking water at room temperature;
- Grind the resulting creamy mass with one chicken egg white until smooth;
- Add a couple of drops of thuja, fir or patchouli essential oil to the composition (you can use tea tree or cinnamon oil);
- Spread the mixture evenly over the surface of the skin of the face and leave for 15 minutes;
- Wash off with warm water without soap.
The properties of the listed formulations are about the same - they perfectly help to remove acne, if used in conjunction with traditional drug treatment.
Mask preparation recommendations
All of the masks presented must be prepared immediately before use.
If you have any leftover mixture, it should be disposed of but not reused next time.
Try to get the optimal density of the mass so that it does not run down your face, but does not grab instantly, tightening the surface of the skin.
You should have a creamy mixture similar in texture to medium-fat sour cream.
Choose only high-quality products for the preparation of formulations.
For example, if you do not have good vodka at home and you do not intend to buy it, it is better to dilute ethyl alcohol with water than to buy a cheap substitute for applying it on your face.
Tips for the correct use of masks
Home cosmetology products are used only on the clean surface of the face. Achieve high-quality cleansing and exfoliation of the skin before the procedure, otherwise it will become pointless.
Masks must be applied in an even layer. The recipes indicate the average holding time of the composition on the face, but you must follow your own feelings, and not allow strong contraction. As soon as the mass has dried, wash it off immediately.
Despite the obvious valuable properties of the main component, masks based on it will not help you in case of independent use. That is, you need to go to a dermatologist and diagnose the problem without fail.
Treat with antibiotics or antimycotics if necessary. Otherwise, cosmetics will be powerless. In complex therapy, it will accelerate the onset of the therapeutic result and prolong it.
Perform the procedure at least once a week until a lasting effect is achieved.
Contraindications to the use of the drug
The product has no contraindications. The only limitation in the use of masks based on it is an allergic reaction to any ingredient.
Check with your dermatologist how appropriate it is to use clay therapy in your case.
As a result of the correct application of white clay products, you will notice the following results:
- Cleansing the skin from blackheads and horny particles;
- Removal of redness and neutralization of inflammation in areas with acne;
- The gradual elimination of the acne themselves;
- Even out the tone and structure of the skin;
- Additional nutrition and hydration;
- Strengthening and toning the epidermis.
If you want to protect, cleanse and restore your skin in your acne treatment, use white clay. It is guaranteed to help you cope with acne if it is applied according to all the rules and in complex therapy.