Table of contents:
2023 Author: Alfred Shackley | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-05-21 13:14
Aloe vera is a plant that has earned a well-deserved popularity among fans of clean and healthy skin for a long time. Meanwhile, the natural remedy began to be used in medicine many centuries ago. And of course, women have tried it since antiquity to care for the skin of the face.
Despite the prevalence of various professional and amateur ready-made cosmetic products, aloe is still in justified demand.
Some people deliberately grow the flower in their home for cosmetic use.
Facial products based on aloe vera will help you soften, moisturize, and restore the dermis. Since the product has pronounced anti-inflammatory, antiseptic and astringent properties, it is considered almost the best available remedy for acne.
And the antioxidants in its composition help fight the natural chronological aging of facial tissues.
Benefits of aloe for the skin
Aloe is a natural product that works for the beauty and health of the epidermis of the face much more actively than chemical cosmetics. It is very simple to prepare home remedies based on it, but it is important to know that the leaves of the plant must be frozen before use. This action enhances the biological activity of nutrients and valuable vitamin components.
The fresh juice of the plant has proven itself in the fight against acne, as it has antibacterial and anti-inflammatory effects.
With the help of the sap of the plant, suppurations, wounds, abrasions, burns on the surface of the face and body are successfully treated.
Home cosmetics with aloe vera juice have antioxidant and detoxifying activity, so they quickly rid the cells of the dermis of the face from poisons, free radicals, and toxins.
Products with plant sap are versatile and suitable for all skin types. For example, the main component fights excess oil and at the same time deeply moisturizes, which is equally good for both oily and dry, dehydrated skin. The plant is capable of rejuvenating the cover, making it smooth, velvety, nourished and radiant.
The plant is rich in nutrients:
- Vitamins (especially A, C, E, group B);
- Essential oils;
- Amino acids;
- Trace elements;
All of these natural properties make aloe a unique ingredient in cosmetology, capable of solving a wide range of common problems. By applying masks with aloe on a regular basis, you will get the maximum effect:
- Smoothing fine wrinkles;
- Alignment of skin tone and microrelief;
- Deep cleansing of pores from functional impurities;
- Intensive nutrition and hydration;
- Protection of the cover from the effects of free radicals;
- Elimination of blackheads and acne;
- Elimination of blackheads;
- Disinfection of existing wounds and ulcers;
- Slowing down the aging process;
- Strengthening the skin and increasing its natural turgor;
- Optimization of complexion;
- Whitening of age spots and post-acne scars (due to the available ascorbic acid in the biochemical composition of the leaves);
- Softening the cover, giving it softness, tenderness and velvety;
- Normalization of the pH balance in the cells of the dermis.
Aloe face mask recipes
Aloe vera face mask can be used for fundamentally different purposes. Usually, the plant is used in the fight against topical imperfections of problem skin - acne, inflammation, blackheads, excess sebum secretion. Some women prefer to use formulations to prevent these kinds of problems. Others use them to rejuvenate, moisturize, brighten, strengthen and nourish the lining of the face.
Aloe mask for problem skin
- Mix a tablespoon of purified glycerin (available at the pharmacy) with a tablespoon of aloe juice;
- Add a teaspoon of natural honey (preferably liquid);
- Stir the mass until smooth and apply to cleansed, steamed face;
- Soak for half an hour, then wash off with warm water without using soap.
Aloe vera mask for acne
- Mix a spoonful of honey with the same amount of biostimulated aloe juice;
- Add a pinch of turmeric (natural) to the mixture;
- Add a coffee spoon of freshly squeezed radish juice to the resulting mass;
- Rub the composition and apply it to cleansed skin;
- Soak for 25 minutes, then wipe the surface of the face with a strong broth of sage. Then you can wash your face with plain warm water without soap.
Aloe vera mask for rejuvenation
- Mix fresh biostimulated aloe juice in the amount of a tablespoon with the yolk of a chicken egg;
- Add a teaspoon of wheat germ oil;
- Use oat flour to thicken the mask (add by eye until the mixture becomes creamy);
- Apply the composition to the surface of the face and take a horizontal position;
- Soak for 30-35 minutes, then remove the rest of the product and wash with warm water.
Aloe nourishing mask
- Mash natural homemade cottage cheese (fat enough) with aloe pulp (take ingredients in equal proportions);
- Add a teaspoon of flower honey to the composition;
- Season the mixture with a couple of drops of essential oil (choose it according to your skin type);
- Apply the mixture to cleansed face and let sit for as long as possible, at least 40 minutes;
- Remove the remnants of the product from your face and wash yourself with boiled water.
Fruity mask with aloe for firmness and a healthy complexion
- Mix a tablespoon of fruit or berry pulp (apricot, peach, strawberry - your choice) with a dessert spoon of aloe gruel;
- Add sour cream (a teaspoon) to the resulting mask;
- Apply the mass to the cleansed face;
- Soak for 20 minutes and wash off with warm water without using any cleansers.
It is advisable to alternate all the listed masks based on plant juice so that your skin does not get used to the use of the same product.
Aloe mask: secrets of preparation and use
Masks must be prepared from biostimulated plant sap. To achieve an increase in biological activity, pre-freeze the leaves. Cut off the required number of stems, fold in a plastic bag and place in the freezer for two or three days. This will make the juice work more quickly and efficiently.
Any mask is applied to the previously cleansed, preferably with a scrub, facial skin. It can also be vaporized over hot liquid. For steaming the face, it is important to use phytotherapeutic decoctions or plain water with the addition of essential oils.
It is important to prepare formulations with aloe every time before use. Calculate the exact amount of the product that you use, so as not to store residuals and not apply them to your face later.
Application of the aloe-based mask is simple and pleasant, and its ingredients are available almost all year round.
It is advisable to use only natural and fresh ingredients in recipes (for example, artificially grown fruits treated with pesticides will not work).
The mask is used no more than twice a week, otherwise the skin of the face will begin to get used to the care and stop responding accordingly.
After applying the mask, you do not need to process the face. Do not use moisturizing, nourishing or soothing creams on it - this can reduce the effect of the product.
Contraindications for use
The use of aloe for facial skin care is safe in most cases and has no absolute contraindications. The only thing is that it cannot be used in the presence of individual intolerance, that is, allergies. Closely monitor the reaction of your skin to care, and if you notice any unpleasant manifestations (itching, burning, rash, redness), stop using the product.