Table of contents:
- Benefits of honey for the skin
- Honey body masks
- Honey body wrap
- Use of honey for body skin care: useful tips
- Contraindications for use
2023 Author: Alfred Shackley | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-05-21 13:14
Every woman knows that a beautiful and healthy body requires constant care. Visits to the beautician's office, massages, wraps, masks, scrubs - the range of products is quite large and often requires impressive costs.
But you can take care of yourself at home, using improvised means that can be found in almost any kitchen. One of them is honey, whose magical properties were already known to our great-grandmothers.
This product was taken to the bath and rubbed on the body, from which the dermis became softer and more pleasant to the touch.
Nowadays, little has changed: making a honey mask is just as easy, and it works more efficiently than some store-bought cosmetics.
Benefits of honey for the skin
Honey is one of the most common components in various cosmetic masks, scrubs, health infusions, teas, and just a storehouse of vitamins and minerals. It contains calcium, magnesium, aluminum, iron, vitamins A, B, C, phosphorus, fructose, glucose and many other useful substances.
For the skin of the body, it can be used for the following purposes:
- Moisturizing and nourishing. Due to its ability to penetrate deeply into pores, the product is perfect for nourishing and softening. It prevents the elimination of moisture, so that the body remains hydrated for a long time, which is especially important for those with dry skin.
- Purification. This unique beekeeping product does an excellent job of removing dirt. You can use it as a scrub (it exfoliates perfectly, it is especially effective to use it in a bath), or you can add it to your favorite mask. Another significant plus is the fight against acne, since the product has anti-inflammatory properties.
- Rejuvenation. Another magical property of this unique product is the ability to tighten and tighten the skin. In addition, it helps fight cellulite, stretch marks and wrinkles, smoothing them and making the epidermis more elastic.
If you regularly treat your body skin with this unique product, it will become velvety, soft and hydrated. The aging process will slow down, cellulite will no longer bother you, toxins and toxins will be removed from the body faster. Achieving all this is not difficult: just take a couple of jars of honey with you to the bathhouse!
Honey body masks
Using honey as a base, you can make a wide variety of masks. They can be used both at home and while going to the bathhouse or sauna.
Recipe number 1 - mask with honey and coffee
Such a mask accelerates the processes of skin regeneration, relieves swelling, moisturizes and nourishes. If you use it in a bath, it works great as a scrub.
- ground coffee - 2 tablespoons,
- a tablespoon of honey (preferably liquid).
Preparation: brew ground coffee in a glass of boiling water, let it cool and drain the water. Add bee nectar to the resulting thick, mix everything thoroughly. If the honey is too thick, heat it in a water bath.
Application: apply the mass to the body with gentle movements, massage the problem areas thoroughly. Leave for 15-20 minutes, rinse with warm water.
Recipe number 2 - mask with honey and egg
This combination is especially good for dry skin: it moisturizes, nourishes with vitamins and smoothes unevenness.
- 4 raw yolks
- 3 tablespoons of liquid honey.
Preparation: Separate the yolks from the whites in a large bowl. Pour in honey and thoroughly grind the components until a homogeneous mixture.
Application: After bathing or showering, dry thoroughly with a towel. Apply the resulting mixture on the body in a thin layer, leave for 10-15 minutes. Then rinse completely.
Recipe number 3 - moisturizing mask
Moisturizing mask with honey will leave the skin soft and velvety. Recommended for use after steaming the body in a steam bath or sauna.
- a teaspoon of honey
- 2 teaspoons of body moisturizer
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice.
Preparation: Mix all the ingredients in a small container.
Application: apply the resulting mask to problem areas of the body, rinse off after 15 minutes.
The masks described above should be used no more than 2 times a week. If you want to achieve a noticeable result, it is recommended to carry out "honey" procedures for 2-3 months, and then take a short break.
Honey body wrap
Wraps with honey mixtures are considered one of the main helpers for those who dream of losing weight. Before applying the composition, it is recommended to thoroughly cleanse the skin of the body with a scrub.
- 2 tablespoons dry mustard
- a teaspoon of vinegar
- a teaspoon of salt
- 3 tablespoons of honey
- cling film.
Preparation: dilute the mustard with a little water, add salt and vinegar. Remove the resulting liquid for a day in any warm place. Heat honey in a water bath, add to the mustard mixture prepared earlier.
Application: apply the resulting mask on the body, wrap the treated skin areas with cling film. Leave it on for 40-60 minutes, for greater efficiency, you can do physical exercises or spend time in the bath / sauna. Then remove the film and wash off the remaining mass with massage movements.
If you are the owner of sensitive skin, keep the film during wraps for no more than half an hour, and then there will be no problems.
Use of honey for body skin care: useful tips
There are a few basic rules to help you use honey for your body effectively.
- Apply honey scrubs and masks only to well-steamed and cleansed body skin. It is best to do this after taking a steam bath or taking a hot bath. To enhance the effect, thoroughly exfoliate the skin with a scrub before use.
- Do not keep the formulations on the skin for more than 20 minutes (except for wraps). Otherwise, redness and irritation may appear.
- You can add almost any substance with beneficial properties to home cosmetics. Mix coffee, essential oils, lemon, eggs and other ingredients with honey. But always check with yourself for allergic reactions.
- It will be more beneficial for the skin of the body if you first wash off the honey composition with warm water and then with cool water. This will make the dermis more firm and elastic.
- If you only have thick honey on hand, melt it in a water bath to make it thinner.
Contraindications for use
The main contraindication is not to use honey if you are allergic to it. It is easy to check for its presence: apply a small amount of bee nectar to the elbow or wrist (these are the most delicate areas of the skin), leave for 15-20 minutes. If you notice redness, rash, or itching, it means you are allergic.
Refrain from using honey for the body if you have dilated blood vessels and capillary "stars". Wraps with the use of a honey mask are contraindicated for those who suffer from diseases of the cardiovascular system, varicose eyelids, tumors.