Table of contents:
2023 Author: Alfred Shackley | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-05-21 13:14
All people want to be beautiful and healthy. Everyone thinks about their physical condition, at least once in their life. Girls and women especially often reflect on this. The desire to be beautiful, to please others and oneself is natural. This is important for self-esteem and psychological health.
The positive aspects of running are invisible at first glance
The modern beauty industry offers a lot of methods and ways to achieve the perfect body.
So much has already been invented, and how much more will be discovered? Fitness, dancing, swimming - the list is long, almost endless.
Running is one of the most affordable and effective ways to train your body. It does not require the purchase of a gym membership, coming to workout at a strictly allotted time, any additional financial spending.
Running trains the muscular frame of the body, while using most of the muscles of the legs, body, and abs. It puts stress on the cardiovascular and respiratory systems, allowing them to be strengthened as a whole, makes the body more resilient. It helps to accelerate metabolism, helps in stabilizing the hormonal status of the body. It tightens the skin and helps fight cellulite. Desired weight loss is a bonus.
If you run correctly and regularly, then only advantages are received from physical activity.
What are these pluses?
- Strengthening, building the muscles of the lower leg, buttocks, abs;
- Getting rid of cellulite;
- Acceleration of metabolism;
- Improving overall physical endurance;
- Strengthening the immune system;
- Skin tightening.
Losing weight, health, endurance, even rejuvenation of the body are not the only advantages. Some people argue that running helps to generate new ideas.
Jogging: is it really useful?
The benefits of this kind of physical activity can be obtained only if you are completely healthy, observe the correct running technique, do it in specialized shoes, preferably not on the asphalt in order to avoid wear and tear of the joints.
Jogging is prohibited:
- With varicose veins, running can cause a blood clot to break off;
- With scoliosis of the spine, osteochondrosis, intervertebral hernias. Any deformation or injury in the spine is prohibited when running, as it can develop and aggravate it;
- For problems with the cardiovascular system: tachycardia, hypertension, weak heart muscle;
- With injuries of knees, legs, feet, arthritis, arthrosis;
- With asthma and pulmonary insufficiency;
- With glaucoma and myopia, such physical activity can cause detachment of the retina.
What prevents a woman from running?
Your body is healthy, you have no contraindications, bought the necessary equipment, found a wonderful place for daily jogging, picked up music, set aside time. What can put a woman in the implementation of plans?
Women's health and physiology can be a reason to stop running. For example, the early days of your menstrual cycle can be incredibly challenging. It's time to think about whether you can run during your period.
The period of menstruation is often characterized by abdominal pain, mood swings, general weakening and decreased tone. Therefore, there is an opinion that during menstruation it is better not to play sports. But in fact, this is a delusion. Any sport with an adequate load will relieve pain and increase tone. Running speeds up blood circulation in the pelvic organs and, as a result, the pain disappears.
During the onset of menstruation, a hormonal explosion occurs in a woman's body.
A cocktail of hormones greatly speeds up metabolism, since the level of testosterone in the blood rises greatly, this makes a woman's body more resilient to any physical activity, including running.
Rules to be followed
So, with menstruation, you can do it, but you must follow a few simple rules:
- The intensity, load of the workout should be reduced;
- You will be reasonable, if the pain of a cramping nature does not cease to overcome you, then it is better to refuse physical activity;
- The initial period of menstruation is not the best time for active loads;
- Drink plenty of water to rehydrate, as sweating increases during your period. For the same purpose, choose clothes made from natural fabrics for training;
- Eliminate caffeinated drinks;
- With endometriosis, fibroids, diseases that cause severe bleeding, running during menstruation is contraindicated;
- Running with an irregular cycle is not recommended. Or, consult your doctor, perhaps, specifically in your case, this will not be contraindicated;
- If you have profuse discharge, then running should be replaced by brisk walking.
So, you can answer unequivocally yes to the question "should I go jogging during menstruation."
Of course, this requires a reasonable approach. Sport always gives happiness, because during exercise, the hormone endorphin is released, which guarantees a great mood.
How can you give up running during critical days if it helps you relieve pain, lethargy, gives you a good mood, and keeps your body in excellent physical shape?