Table of contents:
2023 Author: Alfred Shackley | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-05-21 13:14
Many women have heard the diagnosis more than once - fibromatosis. What it is? Fibromatosis is the process of replacing healthy tissues of the cervix with connective tissue, as a result of which the functions of the uterus are disrupted. If treatment is not started on time, fibroids may develop. It is a benign tumor that occurs in 35% of women. Outwardly, it looks like a ball of muscle fibers that resemble a knot.
The nodes come in different places. They can grow into the uterine cavity. There is another localization - they can grow outward. As a result of the growth of the nodes, the uterus increases in size.
Fibroids are a disease of women of reproductive age, and it depends on the level of sex hormones, which have a stimulating effect on the genitals and can provoke the growth of fibroids. Therefore, attention must be paid to how to treat uterine fibromatosis, otherwise a more complex disease will appear.
Causes of fibromatosis
- Statistics show that every year more and more women suffer from cervical fibromatosis. And this is due to the fact that modern girls have become less pregnant and less likely to give birth. The female body is not tuned in to monthly menstruation, after all, nature created a girl for procreation. Pregnancy hormones, especially those that are produced in the second phase of the cycle, are counterbalances and regulators of these processes.
- And when natural biological mechanisms do not occur, when a woman is protected or terminates the pregnancy, this additionally stimulates the development of neoplastic processes of the cervix, which require immediate treatment.
- In addition, the disease may appear due to frequent stress, improper diet. Alcohol abuse and smoking also lead to fibromatosis. Inflammatory processes, the treatment of which was not timely, often cause the formation of nodes in the uterus.
Fibromatosis is not a contraindication for planning pregnancy, but its presence brings certain features to the monitoring of pregnancy. If a woman becomes pregnant on her own and is supervised by the attending physician who prescribed harmless treatment for the fetus, this allows her to give birth to an absolutely healthy child and maintain her female health. However, a woman should be prepared for the fact that the pregnancy will be extremely difficult.
Accompanying signs and symptoms
It is very difficult to notice fibromatosis at the initial stage at home, because there are practically no symptoms of the disease. That is why experts recommend visiting a gynecologist every six months.
When the stage of formation of benign myomas begins, the signs of the disease become more pronounced:
- The woman feels aching pains in the abdomen and lower back.
- The menstrual cycle is disturbed. The period of menstruation becomes longer, the woman loses a lot of blood. Between periods on the panties, there is not abundant spotting.
- Menstruation is very painful, causing discomfort in a woman.
- Sexual contact also causes severe pain reactions. So treatment should be started as soon as possible.
In overly advanced cases, anemia appears, the skin becomes dry, the nails break. In some cases, there are problems with the pelvic organs, frequent constipation, urinary incontinence.
Fibromatosis of the body of the uterus is a hormonal disease. Therefore, many are interested in what hormones in polycystic and fibromatosis are indicated for the treatment of the disease. Hormonal drugs reduce the likelihood of enlarged uterine lumps. They are prescribed by a doctor, combining their use with other methods of treatment.
Herbal medicine is a treatment for fibroids because it appears as a reflection of hormonal imbalance. Herbal medicine helps to balance hormones, remove negative effects. It promotes prevention, treatment, and the maintenance of a woman's health.
In China, for example, different techniques are used to treat fibromatosis. For example, the ancient Chinese massage Guasha, which is made with a special plate of jade or cow's horn. Patients diagnosed with uterine fibromatosis are prescribed herbal bath courses and a special foot massage.
Chinese doctors also use acupuncture - this is a course of unique procedures that allows not only to get rid of fibroids, but also to strengthen the female body.
There are other methods on which the treatment of fibromatosis is based:
- Fusoblation of myomatous nodes - the procedure is aimed at crushing the fibroids with a focused ultrasound beam under the guidance of MRI. This type of treatment came from urology, where it has been successfully applied to the prostate gland. And now it is also used to treat women. This type of therapy does not require surgery or deep anesthesia, but is performed in a laboratory setting. One of the drawbacks is that the consequences of the procedure in girls who are planning a pregnancy are not fully understood. Therefore, this type of treatment is best offered to patients who have completed their reproductive function.
- The youngest method of treating fibromatosis is robotic-assisted myomectomy. This operation is performed with a special robotic device under the supervision of a surgeon. Such treatment is good because during the operation the newly formed neoplasm is removed as accurately as possible. After all, a surgeon cannot turn his arm 180 degrees, but a robot can. On the screen, the doctor sees the patient's organs in a three-dimensional image. These operations are highly effective, and patients recover quickly after they are carried out.
- Embalization of the uterine arteries. This type of treatment is already more than 20 years old, and it is due to the fact that special embedding substances are injected into the vessels of the uterus, which feed the fibroids. As a result, the size of the tumor is reduced.
Prevention with folk remedies
Now a very common problem is uterine fibromatosis. Treatment with folk remedies is also effective when combined with traditional medicine. Often women do the prevention of disease with celandine. It is used in the treatment of some female diseases with folk methods, including fibromatosis.
- A tablespoon of dry herb is poured into a glass of vodka. The resulting mixture is moved to a dark place and infused for 15-20 days. It is recommended to strain it before using the tincture.
- For treatment in the morning on an empty stomach, drink half a glass of cold water with the addition of one drop of the folk remedy. Each day, the amount of tincture added is increased by one drop. If you feel unwell after taking the medicine, you should reduce the dose. Treatment with folk remedies usually takes about 2 months. If possible, you need to repeat the procedure again after a month.
A benign tumor responds well to treatment. But if you start it, then complications may appear, and the neoplasm will become malignant.
Observation by a doctor should be mandatory, since in this case he will be able to diagnose on time and prescribe specialized treatment.