Table of contents:
- The consequences of long-term constipation for pregnant women
- Constipation suppositories for pregnant women
- Instructions for the use of drugs for pregnant women
- When is the use of suppositories for constipation contraindicated?
- Adverse effects after therapy
2023 Author: Alfred Shackley | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-05-21 13:14
When a woman bears a baby, the work of the whole body is radically rebuilt. Substantial physiological and hormonal changes occur.
One of the common problems in pregnant women is constipation, especially in the last months of bearing a baby. The growing uterus presses on the intestines, plus emotional instability, fear of the approaching birth is added.
But do not despair, now pharmacies have a huge amount of constipation remedies that can be used by pregnant women.
The consequences of long-term constipation for pregnant women
If a woman in an interesting position has such problems, then they need to be solved urgently, since the consequences of constipation can be serious:
- The accumulation of feces can lead to the onset of an inflammatory process that will affect the woman's reproductive system.
- Regular constipation is often the culprit for sepsis of internal organs.
- Bacteria from the rectum can freely penetrate into the genital tract of a woman, and the child, passing through them, can become infected, then immediately after birth the baby will suffer from dysbiosis, colic.
- If constipation is regular, then toxic substances are absorbed and spread through the body with the blood, and this is already fraught with negative consequences for the development of the child.
- If constipation bothers in the later stages, then they can provoke premature birth, since the woman has to push hard while visiting the toilet.
- At the beginning of pregnancy, constipation may also not go away without leaving a trace, the risk of miscarriage increases significantly.
- Women who suffered from constipation during pregnancy often complain of hemorrhoids after childbirth.
You can treat constipation during pregnancy with medications, but it is better to use more gentle means so as not to harm the baby. These include candles that can eliminate the problem without penetrating into the blood of the expectant mother.
Constipation suppositories for pregnant women
When choosing a drug for the treatment of constipation in pregnant women, it is very important that it is absolutely safe for both the expectant mother and the developing baby. These include glycerin candles.
This drug contains:
- bicarbonate of soda;
- stearic acid.
The package contains 10 candles, which must be stored in the refrigerator. The main indications for their appointment are:
- constipation during pregnancy;
- treatment of hemorrhoids.
Glycerin, which is part of the drug, stimulates intestinal peristalsis, softens feces and helps to solve the problem. It should be borne in mind that glycerin suppositories can be used for a one-time solution to a delicate issue, if constipation is constantly tormented, then together with a doctor you should find another way to get rid of it.
You can also use sea buckthorn candles for pregnant women to relieve constipation; they have a bright orange color due to the contained sea buckthorn oil. Hardness is given to them by wax, which is included in the composition as an additional component.
The indications for the use of this remedy are the following pathologies:
- constipation in pregnant women;
- hemorrhoid treatment;
- cracks in the rectum;
Suppositories with sea buckthorn oil have an antimicrobial effect, relieve inflammation, actively restore damaged areas of the mucous membrane, and reduce pain.
Instructions for the use of drugs for pregnant women
Every pregnant woman should understand that even the most seemingly harmless drugs should be prescribed by a doctor. This also applies to glycerin candles.
- Suppositories must be administered rectally, so the substance is absorbed into the mucous membrane, but does not penetrate into the bloodstream. The result from use can be seen in a few minutes.
- The dosage and regimen of administration is prescribed by the doctor, taking into account the severity of the situation. Usually this is 1-2 suppositories per day, preferably in the morning after a meal. The duration of therapy is determined by the doctor, but if after several applications the situation does not improve, then another solution to the problem must be sought.
- You can use sea buckthorn suppositories, they must be injected rectally, one suppository at night. Typically, the duration of this treatment is about 2 weeks. The drug is safe for health, but a consultation with a doctor will not be superfluous.
When is the use of suppositories for constipation contraindicated?
Any drug has a number of contraindications, especially this issue must be taken seriously when it comes to a pregnant woman. Glycerin suppositories are no exception, even if everyone around them says they won't do any harm.
They can be used in case of getting rid of constipation during the period of bearing a baby, but take into account all the contraindications, which include:
- Acute form of hemorrhoids.
- If there is damage to the rectum, even the slightest cracks.
- Inflammation in the intestines.
- The uterus is in good shape.
- The presence of a threat of miscarriage.
- Allergy to the components of the product.
- Intestinal obstruction.
- Pain in the abdomen.
- Intestinal neoplasms.
- Long-term stool disorder.
- Renal failure
Suppositories with sea buckthorn oil also have their own contraindications, but their list is much shorter. Most often, it is not recommended to treat constipation in pregnant women with this remedy if there is an individual intolerance.
Any medications while carrying a baby must be taken only with the permission of a doctor.
Adverse effects after therapy
If all contraindications are not taken into account or the dosage and treatment regimen are violated, then it is not surprising that after using the drug, side effects may occur.
Glycerin suppositories can provoke:
- A burning sensation in the rectum.
- In rare cases, inflammation of the rectum.
- Itching in the anus.
- Allergic reactions.
If the dosage is severely violated and a pregnant woman used a high dose of the drug in the hope of a quick recovery from the problem, then you can diagnose:
- In some cases, even arrhythmia.
As a rule, suppositories are well tolerated, but it is important to take into account that the duration of therapy should not exceed several days.
Sea buckthorn candles can also provoke side effects in the form of:
- Slight tingling in the anus.
- Soreness, but this usually happens with prolonged use.
Using candles with sea buckthorn oil, a woman should remember that immediately after the injection, some discomfort may be felt, since the drug has a bactericidal effect and begins to penetrate into microcracks. As a rule, after a while, the discomfort disappears.
If suspicious symptoms arise during the use of suppositories, then it is necessary to stop therapy and visit a doctor.
When carrying a baby, a woman is responsible for his health, so it is not permissible to be negligent about her condition.
If you have a problem with a chair, you can turn to the help of folk remedies, but they may not be completely safe, so the most correct solution is to consult your doctor. Take care of yourself and your little ones.