Table of contents:
2023 Author: Alfred Shackley | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-05-21 13:14
Peeling of the skin on the fingers causes unpleasant and painful sensations, looks ugly and untidy - but this is not so bad. If you can't cope with the problem, cracks appear, they hurt, bleed, a bacterial infection can join - the inflammation often spreads to the entire hand.
How to get rid of peeling on your fingers, so as not to hide them behind your back or in pockets with others?
Causes of peeling and cracked hands
The quality of the skin of the fingertips is influenced by external and internal factors:
- dry skin quality from nature;
- the influence of weather conditions - dehydration under the influence of cold, sun, strong wind;
- the use of household chemicals;
- improper care or neglect of hand care;
- poor quality manicure;
- constant contact with water;
- traumatic effects;
- vitamin deficiency or malnutrition.
Internal causes include pathological processes in the body - dermatological diseases, endocrine disorders - diabetes mellitus, infectious processes - for example, fungal infections.
Fixing the problem: effective peeling products
Without finding out the cause of peeling of the skin on the fingers, it is unlikely that it will be possible to get rid of it.
So that the skin on the hands does not suffer from the vagaries of the weather, it is imperative to wear gloves in winter, avoiding vascular spasms in the upper layers of the skin, even if the fingers are not cold. The vessels still narrow under the influence of cold, the blood supply to the upper layer of the dermis is disrupted, and nutrients are supplied to it in smaller quantities. Cells, which are gradually replaced in their normal state, begin to exfoliate in an increased volume, which causes itching. When scratching problem areas - sometimes reflex - the skin on the fingers is injured and cracked.
Since the hands are in constant contact with the surrounding objects, which are far from sterile, an infection is introduced into the microtraumas, the inflammatory process intensifies. It takes a long time to treat fungal diseases or other types of lesions, and you will have to spend more money on the purchase of medicines than on the purchase of a pair of gloves.
In the summer, overdrying of the skin occurs due to exposure to heat. In this case, only careful care can help. Nourishing cream, moisturizer, hand masks … All this helps to prevent flaking.
Gloves must be worn when using household chemicals or frequent contact with water. They are much cheaper than protection against frost, and they solve the same problem - the hands look perfect, there is no direct contact with irritating substances.
Women who practice in the pool often encounter the problem of peeling skin on their fingers. Is it really necessary to swim with gloves to avoid this?
The surrounding will laugh!
Greasy creams, care products, and taking time out for masks and lotions are the only solution to this problem.
The causes of peeling - chronic, inflammatory diseases or a side effect of taking medication - these reasons are unlikely to be eliminated with cosmetic effects. You need to simultaneously take care of your hands - carry out all the necessary measures, and treat the underlying disease, supplementing the therapeutic regimen with antihistamines.
Most doctors prevent the development of allergic reactions in advance by prescribing drugs of this group in the treatment of any pathological conditions. Antihistamines also have additional properties - antipyretic, anti-inflammatory, can increase or decrease blood clotting, fight against spastic phenomena. Therefore, when choosing an antiallergic drug, it is better to consult with your doctor.
Fungal infections or scabies are treated with topical agents - ointments and suspensions. A side effect of most of these after application is dry skin. Emollient oils and creams should be prepared in advance in order to restore the softness of the skin in a short time.
A rational healthy diet and hand care are very important for recovery.
Prevention of peeling and cracking - proper hand care
Fingertips flake off more often in those with dry skin type. They will not be able to get by with creams.
Traditional medicine is ready to help and offers its means:
Warm baths with lemon and honey will help exfoliate the dermis scales, and oil wraps after this procedure will help restore the skin
The procedure is completely similar to a pedicure. Fingers are immersed in warm water - 150 ml - 1 teaspoon of honey and 1 tablespoon of lemon juice. Hold until the skin wrinkles, dry it, and process the pads with a thick cloth - a cloth brush for cleaning suede is very suitable.
Then comes the turn of oil baths. Olive or burdock oil is heated in a water bath slightly above body temperature, activated with lavender essential oil - 5 drops per 50 ml of the base product - the fingertips are dipped in an oil bath for 10-15 minutes.
Then blot with a soft cloth and apply a nourishing cream.
- Don't have time to thoroughly handle the problem area? You can apply oil recharge 2-3 times a day, only the oil is applied directly to the body. In the future, it is not removed, you need to wait until it is absorbed. If cracks have already appeared and are inflamed, then the base oil for the procedure is sea buckthorn;
- To heal cracks in oily skin, honey lotions are used. The fingers are dipped in warm honey for 5-10 minutes. If the skin is dry, honey is mixed with olive or burdock oil - 3/1;
- An exfoliating and emollient is oatmeal. The flakes are steamed with warm water or milk, wait until they swell. Then they lower their brushes there and squeeze and unclench their fingers for 10 minutes, try to stretch them. 10-15 minutes of active action, then the remnants of the mechanical peeling are washed off with cool water, the fingers get wet and a layer of fatty cream is applied;
- Porridge can be boiled in milk - this tool works more effectively, since softening occurs simultaneously with scrubbing. You can also make the following mask: dilute milk with honey and use as a cream.
A glass of milk with honey before a night's rest will help you fall asleep quickly, get a good sleep and improve the quality of your skin, replenishing the body with useful substances - calcium, potassium and B vitamins.
This complex helps to retain moisture.
- Dehydration is one of the main causes of dry skin. You need to drink at least 1.5 liters of liquid per day - 30 ml for each kilogram of mass. The liquid supply is replenished with pure and mineral water. Other drinks: green and black tea, coffee, juices, fruit drinks and fruit drinks have additional properties - diuretic, nutritional, choleretic - albeit weakly expressed - and do not take a significant part in the water-electrolyte balance;
- Cucumber mask. On the hands, you can apply fresh gruel from grated cucumber or mix the pulp of a vegetable with olive oil. A few days - and the peeling will disappear;
- Aloe Vera is an effective remedy for skin smoothness. Creams of various compositions and gels are applied directly to problem areas, and 2 tablespoons of aloe vera juice are drunk before bedtime - diluted with water in a 1/1 ratio so that no bitterness is felt, honey is added. This is an excellent prevention against dryness and exacerbation of dermatological diseases;
- Fresh mint juice also acts as a natural moisturizer. It is applied to problem areas as lotions, in the evening, in the morning, the skin is lubricated with sea buckthorn oil. Mint juice helps in the treatment of psoriasis and eczema;
- Fingertip and brush masks can be made with the pulp of an avocado or ripe banana mixed with sour cream and olive oil. Fruit masks are kept on the skin for about 30-35 minutes.
If you cannot cope with the problem of peeling, intensively caring for the skin for 7-10 days, and the condition is still aggravated, you should consult a doctor.
Changes in skin quality and irritation can be the first sign of many diseases, both dermatological and systemic.