Table of contents:
2023 Author: Alfred Shackley | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-05-21 13:14
The health of the baby is the most important thing for every mom. And when he has some problems with him, then, naturally, mom starts to worry about this.
Often, parents are faced with the fact that the child's skin is peeling off the toes and hands. This causes them a certain anxiety and the question - why does the skin peel off the fingers and toes of the child, what are the reasons for this phenomenon?
Why does the baby have peeling skin on the arms and legs, the main reasons
The skin on the hands is most susceptible to the negative effects of the external environment.
Compared to other areas on the body, the skin on the handles has a small amount of sebaceous glands and moisture, which is necessary to make it elastic and smooth.
If in a child it becomes dry, begins to peel off, redness and spots appear, and then wounds and cracks, then first of all it is necessary to identify the cause of this phenomenon and eliminate it. It is not worth delaying, it is better to go to a specialist on time and, if necessary, take tests to make the correct diagnosis.
The main reasons include:
- Improper care. Frequent stay of the baby's pens in the water, in the cold, in the wind. If the skin on the hands is too dry, it must be additionally moisturized with a regular baby cream;
- Excess moisture. If the baby's hands often come into contact with water, then the skin begins to peel off, the skin begins to peel off between the fingers;
- Avitaminosis. This phenomenon can occur when there is a lack of vitamins A and E in the body. Often, vitamin deficiency manifests itself in the autumn-spring period, when the supply of useful and nutrients in the body is exhausted. You can restore the supply of vitamins and minerals with the help of products containing various vitamins and minerals (carrots, juice from them, vegetable oils), vitamin complexes, oil solutions of vitamins. They give them to the child on an empty stomach in the morning, or you can drop a couple of drops on bread;
- Climatic conditions. The skin on the fingers can peel off due to the overdried air in heated rooms in winter. In the summer, it peels off due to exposure to ultraviolet radiation;
- Allergy. An allergic reaction in a child can manifest itself on paints, modeling clay, plasticine, scented soap, powder, shampoo. Allergies can also be caused by food and various medications he is taking. It is important here to identify the allergen in time and exclude it;
- Violation of metabolic processes inside the body. The epidermis on the fingers can slip off due to the fact that your child's metabolic processes inside the body are disturbed. Because of this, it can become dry and begin to peel off;
- Diseases of the skin, fungus. Due to the development of various diseases of the epidermis, the baby can also peel off the skin on the fingers of the arms and legs. Here it is important to be examined by a dermatologist and establish the correct diagnosis;
- Diseases of an infectious nature. Scarlet fever can cause dryness and flaking of the epidermis on the palms and feet;
- Antibiotic action. Antibiotics can cause digestive upset and upset gut microflora. These processes are reflected in the state of the epidermis. Here it is necessary to give "Bifidumbacterin", "Linex" and other lactobacilli;
- Stressful situations. The emotional state of the child is reflected in the state of his health. If there are constant conflicts in the family and the child is experiencing severe stress, he may have nervous breakdowns. And because of them, problems begin with the epidermis, the skin peels off the arms and legs.
There may be other reasons as well. To protect your child from diseases, you need to take care of him, pay due attention to the state of health of your baby and, if necessary, consult a doctor on time. What to do if the skin peels off between the toes and hands of the child? What actions to take and how to treat?
First of all, when this problem appears, you must immediately consult a doctor and undergo an examination, take tests so that a specialist can make the correct diagnosis. After the diagnosis, the doctor will be able to choose the appropriate treatment regimen and the duration of the treatment course.
- If the dermis peels off the fingers and legs due to a lack of vitamins, the doctor prescribes vitamin-mineral complexes. In addition, it is important to change the diet here, to include foods containing vitamins A, B, C, E. Vitamin A is found in carrots, pumpkin, cabbage, plums, peaches, apricots, prunes, tomatoes, herbs, peas. Vitamin B in corn, oats, wheat, potatoes, cheese, eggs, butter.
- If the child's skin peels off and peels off on the toes and pens due to the development of a fungal infection, then the doctor may prescribe ointments, creams - "Aekol", "Radevit". The product is rubbed into the skin between the fingers. As a rule, the condition of the epidermis improves after a couple of days after starting to use the cream. In winter, so that there is no diaper rash on the skin from gloves and mittens, it can be lubricated with special gels, creams that dry a little and prevent the palms from fogging inside the mittens.
- In case of allergy to food, household chemicals, medicines, it is necessary to identify what triggers the development of allergies and exclude them.
- It is imperative to restore the balance of vitamins within the body and enhance immunity. In the treatment of allergies, various drugs are used - ointments, gels, tablets, which are prescribed only by a doctor, taking into account the age and individual characteristics of the child. The doctor also prescribes immunomodulators that increase immunity.
- You can moisturize and protect the dermis from cracks and dryness with the help of nourishing and moisturizing creams for children - "Mustela", "Bubchen", "Bepanten". You can lubricate pens with oil solutions of vitamins A and E.
If the skin peels off the baby's hands and feet, you can try traditional medicine recipes. Homemade recipes contain natural ingredients, so they are completely safe.
- You can make healing baths with herbs (chamomile, calendula, nettle), vegetable oils, decoction of potatoes, sea salt.
- You can lubricate the arms and legs with olive oil, linseed oil. After washing, you can also lubricate the handles with baby cream.
The reason why the skin is peeling off the hands and feet of your baby should be determined by a dermatologist, based on appropriate analyzes. Without qualified specialist advice and the correct diagnosis, you cannot give your child medications yourself, because this can cause negative health consequences. It is equally important to take care of strengthening the immune system with foods rich in vitamins, minerals and other beneficial substances.
Because the state of the body and its susceptibility to the development of various diseases associated with the condition of the skin on the arms and legs of the baby largely depend on the diet.