Table of contents:
2023 Author: Alfred Shackley | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-05-21 13:14
Varicose veins are expressed not only by the appearance of spider veins on the body, but also spots that can be of different colors. It is important to pay attention to this symptom in time and determine the cause of such a defect. All this is important for the treatment to be effective and short-lived.
Red spots on the legs with varicose veins - causes
When such defects appear on the lower leg or other part of the leg, this indicates that the disease has already given complications.
Due to continuous and regular pressure, the walls of depleted vessels burst and as a result, blood enters the skin, which leads to the appearance of red spots.
This does not bring any troubles, with the exception of aesthetic unattractiveness. If you do not start treatment, then the problem only gets worse and phlebitis develops. It should be borne in mind that such lesions are provoked not only by varicose veins, but also by other reasons that should be taken into account.
Why do red spots appear on the legs:
- if a person has diabetes mellitus, then the vessels are strongly negatively affected;
- the presence of a large number of extra pounds;
- the occurrence of infectious diseases that affect the condition of the veins;
- various problems with the work of the cardiovascular system.
Often, the problem arises due to any kind of injury to the limbs. In this case, the blue disappears, but the subcutaneous hemorrhages remain. Red, and in some cases, dark spots on the legs appear in pregnant women, as the pressure increases due to the gained weight.
The color is also judged on the cause of their occurrence. If they are red, it means that there has been a rupture of blood vessels, that is, small capillaries that burst from high pressure. Blue color indicates the presence of venous insufficiency, as a result of which an extensive vascular network appears under the skin. In most cases, the lesions gradually increase in size.
If you do not carry out treatment, then the situation will only worsen. Pigmentation is also possible with varicose veins, but it is observed not at the initial stages, but after the postponed thrombophlebitis. As the veins become inflamed, the permeability of their walls increases, which leads to the fact that red blood cells are released into the tissue. After some time, the blood is destroyed, which gives the appropriate color.
Red spots on the legs with varicose veins - treatment
To get rid of such a defect, first, the treatment of varicose veins must be correctly implemented. It is possible to return the skin to its normal color only when normal blood circulation is restored. That is why diagnosis and treatment should be carried out under the supervision of a surgeon and dermatologist. There are different types of therapy, which we will talk about.
Treatment without surgery
If the problem is detected in the early stages, then the doctor will recommend several rules for varicose veins, aimed at restoring blood circulation.
Tips for getting rid of red spots on your feet.
- Compression tights or stockings must be worn. This will stimulate the outflow of venous blood and also improve the tone of the veins.
- Regular, but not vigorous physical activity is important. It is enough to walk at an average pace. It is useful to walk on tiptoes, as well as do exercises for the lower leg. Swimming gives good results.
- Prolonged standing or sitting causes blood to stagnate in the legs, so avoid this.
- Pay special attention to the selection of shoes, as they should be comfortable with a medium heel. Another plus is the orthopedic sole.
- During rest, it is recommended to raise your legs to a hill so that they are above the level of the heart.
- It is important to revise your usual diet, excluding fatty, spicy and salty foods from your menu. Alcohol is also harmful to blood vessels.
If the situation is aggravated, then cinnamon, and sometimes even blue spots will appear on the legs. In such a situation, surgical intervention is indispensable. It is worth preparing for the operation, for which, when lymphovenous insufficiency is detected, drugs are prescribed that normalize blood microcirculation.
Ointments and creams are also prescribed. When the veins are prepared, the doctor will perform an operation, the type of which is selected individually, depending on the neglect of the disease. Once the affected veins are blocked, circulation will recover over time and brown or darker spots will disappear.
If the varicose veins have been cured, but the defect still remains, then the treatment is carried out using a medical laser. The procedure does not last long, about 5-15 minutes. At the same time, the effect of the laser does not cause pain and is quite comfortable. To remove a cosmetic defect, it will take about 5 sessions.
To alleviate the condition in the early stages and as an addition to traditional treatment, folk recipes are often used, but it is best to consult a doctor first, so as not to aggravate the condition.
Effective recipes for dark spots on the legs.
- Carrot tops. The tops are used both fresh and dried. Take it in the amount of 1 tbsp. spoons and pour 1 tbsp. boiling water. Leave to infuse under the lid, then strain and drink. This drink has a therapeutic and prophylactic effect.
- Apple vinegar. Each morning and evening should be consumed on an empty stomach for 1 tbsp. water with the addition of 2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar 3%. Red spots on the legs are also smeared with such a solution.
- Celandine. Take a strip of natural fabric and soak it in fresh celandine broth. After that, wrap your legs with it and leave for 40 minutes. To prevent the skin from becoming too dry, it is recommended to lubricate it with vegetable oil. Carry out one procedure for a week, and then take a break for 10 days and repeat the course. In general, 3 laps should be completed.
- Honey. The course of treatment with this product should last 4 days. Take a piece of natural fabric and brush it with honey, and then wrap the problem areas on your legs, just do not make it too tight. Repeat the procedure every month;
- Sour milk and wormwood. You can use this tool: mix in equal proportions chopped leaves of wormwood and yogurt. Apply the finished mixture to the fabric, wrap your legs and hold for half an hour. Carry out the procedures until the problem disappears.
Spots on the legs with varicose veins - prevention
Prevention is best to prevent spots from covering your feet.
Here are some simple tips to help you avoid future problems:
- it is important to normalize your weight and switch to proper nutrition, this should be done gradually. This will eliminate a sharp increase in fat mass;
- if there are problems with blood circulation, then use venotonics, which help to strengthen blood vessels;
- wear the right shoes, get some rest, do moderate exercise, and take a relaxing bath.
Knowing about the causes of the appearance of spots, you can choose the right treatment method, but only do it with your doctor. Observe preventive measures and then the disease will never bother you again.