Table of contents:
2023 Author: Alfred Shackley | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-05-21 13:14
More and more people are faced with such a problem as varicose veins. This vascular disease is accompanied by the appearance of numerous symptoms. Today, there are various treatments that refer to traditional and traditional therapies.
Foot baths for varicose veins are very popular, which help relieve unpleasant symptoms and improve the result of the main therapy.
Benefits of foot baths for varicose veins
There are different options for such procedures, which differ in temperature, composition and effect. The most effective in the absence of contraindications are contrast foot baths for varicose veins, when a person alternately lowers his feet into hot water, and then into cold water. This improves the tone of the veins and increases the elasticity of the vessel walls.
With regular use, existing knots are reduced and the tortuosity does not appear so much. In addition, the swelling goes away and the legs look healthy.
Such results can be achieved in the early stages of the manifestation of pathology.
The benefit of such procedures also lies in the fact that there is an activation of metabolic processes in the body. Under the influence of temperature, blood circulation and trophism are improved, and microcirculation of blood is optimized. In addition, there is a process of cleaning the vascular system from metabolic products, which allows for the good work of small capillaries. Mud and radon baths are popular, which have all the above useful properties, but the benefits of the healing components themselves are also added.
Contraindications for foot baths with varicose veins
There are some contraindications, without taking into account which contrast and hot baths are harmful:
- such procedures should not be carried out for trophic ulcers, thrombosis and serious complications of varicose veins;
- contraindications include the presence of acute infectious and oncological diseases. You cannot take baths at elevated temperatures;
- such treatment is contraindicated for pregnant women;
- as for mud baths, they cannot be used for tuberculosis, nephritis, nephrosis and hypertension;
- it is also worth abandoning such treatment for gynecological diseases, after heart attacks and strokes, as well as blood diseases.
All of the above contraindications relate to radon and hydrogen sulfide baths, and additional prohibitions are connected, these are leukemia, infertility, radiation sickness and neuroses.
How can you make foot baths for varicose veins?
These treatments are ideal for relieving stress after work or before bed. To achieve the results and get the benefits described above, you need to go through 15-20 procedures, lasting about 20 minutes. You can do them every day or every other day. It is recommended to combine these treatments with others, such as body wrap or massage.
Let's consider the most popular options.
- Contrasting. Take two suitable containers and pour water into them: hot at about 40 degrees and cold at about 18 degrees. It is worth saying that you need to gradually increase the amplitude of degrees between two liquids, so start at a minimum and approach the indicated values. Dip your feet in hot and then cold water for a couple of seconds. It is worth finishing the procedures with cold liquid.
- Turpentine. It is necessary to purchase white and yellow turpentine, which is available in pharmacies. First, take a basin so that you can pour 10-15 liters of water into it, the temperature of which should be 38 degrees, and add 1 tbsp. a spoonful of white turpentine. With good tolerance, keep your feet in such a bath for 20 minutes. Burning and itching may appear, and in this case, the next time turpentine should be added a little bit so that the skin gets used to it. For a bath with yellow turpentine, it is important to increase the water temperature gradually, starting from 37 to 47 degrees, by adding hot liquid. All other rules are the same.
- Saline. Taking such baths is useful primarily for those who have severe swelling on their legs in the evening. Take 10 liters of warm water and dissolve 2 tbsp. tablespoons of sea salt. The duration of the procedure is 20-25 minutes. It is important to maintain the temperature of the liquid at 38 degrees.
- Mud. In pharmacies, you can buy a package of therapeutic mud, which at first, without opening, should be immersed in water at a temperature of 60-70 degrees, and left there for 20 minutes. During this time, the mud heats up to about 40 degrees and in this state it can already be applied to the lower limbs. The duration of the procedure is 20 minutes. Another application is to dissolve the dirt in water, given that there were 5 liters of liquid per 1 liter of dirt. The duration of the session does not change. Finally, rinse off the remaining dirt.
- Radon. To begin with, it should be said that radon is used only in minimal doses, since it is harmful to the body, for example, it increases the risk of lung cancer. This option of procedures, if there are problems with veins, is usually used when visiting specialized medical institutions. Usually, 10 procedures are prescribed with the immersion of the prepared liquid for 10-12 minutes. The sessions are held every day. For home use, such procedures are prohibited.
- Hydrogen sulfide. This treatment option is also carried out in specialized institutions. Such baths are included in the complex therapy for varicose veins. When hydrogen sulfide enters the blood, the activity of the nervous system is activated, the tone of the veins and the rate of metabolic processes increase. Usually the duration of the session is 10 minutes, and the course involves 10-12 procedures.
- Soda. Soda helps to cleanse the body of harmful substances. First, dilute 7 tablespoons of baking soda in a mug of hot water. Pour the solution into a basin of liquid, which should have a temperature of 39 degrees during the entire session. It is worth taking such baths every other day for 25 minutes. The course is 10 sessions.
Baths using various medicinal plants give good results.
- First, prepare the collection by mixing 50 g of oak leaves and twigs, chestnuts and willow branches. Pour 2 liters of boiling water over it and put on low heat for 20 minutes. Leave under the lid to infuse overnight. Add 200 g of rye bread in the morning and leave until evening. After that, strain and add the broth to a bowl of liquid at 40 degrees. It is necessary to take a course of 10 sessions, 20 minutes each. each.
- Take 100 g of swamp dryweed and pour 1 liter of boiling water over the plant. Insist for 30 minutes. After that, strain, pour into the bath and add another 2 teaspoons of vegetable oil. It is worth doing the procedure before going to bed for 20 minutes. The course is 10 sessions.
- To increase blood circulation, combine 5 liters of water, 1 tbsp. a spoonful of vinegar 9%, and another 2 tbsp. spoons of pine buds. The duration of the procedure is 15 minutes.
Now you should have no doubt whether it is possible to heal the veins in the legs with the help of trays. Use the procedures presented, but it is better to select the appropriate option with your doctor.