Table of contents:
2023 Author: Alfred Shackley | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-05-21 13:14
Varicose veins of the spermatic cord and testicle are called varicocele. This disease is quite common in young men of reproductive age and does not cause much discomfort to its owner during initial development.
For this reason, in the initial stages of the disease, they do not pay due attention to it. However, in advanced cases, varicocele can be accompanied by constant pain and lead to serious complications. Consider how to treat varicocele with folk remedies, how to prepare them correctly, why there is a problem.
The causes of the disease are pathology of venous nodes and kidney disease. As a rule, the disease manifests itself on the left side, which is caused by the anatomical features of the male body. There are cases when the disease manifests itself on the right or is bilateral in nature, but their percentage is very small.
Most often, adolescent boys and young people 20-30 years old suffer from this ailment. At this age, the disease cannot be started, since in the later stages it leads to fertility problems.
It is believed that the disease develops gradually and goes through several stages:
- At the zero stage, the patient does not have any external signs of pathology and painful sensations, however, an ultrasound examination of the vessels records the initial degree of varicose veins;
- At the first stage of the disease, pulling pains appear during prolonged standing, as well as after physical exertion, in particular, after tension of the abdominal muscles;
- The second stage is characterized by increased pain during exercise. In addition, the affected testicle increases in size;
- The third stage of varicocele is accompanied by varicose veins, which is not only palpable on palpation, but also noticeable on examination. The testicle becomes smaller and loses its density. The patient suffers from cutting and pulling pains. But even at this stage, erectile function is not impaired, although the quantity and quality of semen is noticeably affected.
In advanced cases of the disease, blood flow in the reproductive organs deteriorates, a high temperature is constantly maintained in the testes, which has a bad effect on sperm synthesis. For this reason, varicocele is one of the most common causes of male infertility.
To make the correct diagnosis and correctly carry out the treatment, choose the best methods, the doctor needs to conduct a detailed examination of the patient. For this, one examination is not enough; an ultrasound scan and a laboratory study of semen are also required.
Traditional methods of treatment
It is believed that it is advisable to treat this pathology with conservative methods only at the initial stages of development. Therefore, it is so important not to hide the problem and consult a doctor in time. If the disease is just beginning to emerge, you can fight it with folk remedies without an operation.
Treating varicocele with horse chestnut tincture will help relieve pain and alleviate other symptoms of the disease.
To prepare it, you need:
- 10 g of leaves and roots of horse chestnut;
- 200 ml of medical alcohol.
Vegetable raw materials are poured with alcohol and infused in a cool dark place for 10-14 days. The resulting tincture is taken three times a day, 15 drops before meals.
A decoction of apples is also often used to improve the patient's condition.
To prepare it, you need:
- 2-3 apples;
- 1 liter of water.
Fruits are poured with clean water and boiled for 5-7 minutes. The resulting liquid is cooled and drunk without adding spices and sugar, 1 glass twice a day. For this recipe, it is advisable to use not imported, but seasonal apples grown in their native land.
In the treatment of varicocele, berry and fruit juices rich in vitamin C have proven themselves well.
Here is a recipe for one of the healing remedies for varicocele:
- 1 tbsp. fruits of red rowan;
- 1 tbsp. rowan fruits;
- 1 lemon;
- 1 tbsp. spoon of honey.
Juices are squeezed out of berries and lemon, then they are mixed and honey is added. The resulting cocktail is drunk 1 time per day after meals. To relieve pain and swelling of the diseased area with varicocele, therapeutic baths are used.
- 500 g of oak bark;
- 200 g of pharmacy chamomile;
- 200 g horse chestnut;
- 5 liters of boiling water.
First, oak bark is poured into hot water. After it has infused a little, the rest of the herbal ingredients are introduced. Herbs are infused for 10 hours. Then the resulting liquid is filtered and poured into a bath of water. Similar procedures can be performed every other day. The duration of the session is 15-20 minutes.
In the independent treatment of varicocele, massage or self-massage plays a significant role. Gently kneading the sore testicle helps to improve blood circulation and prevent further expansion of the veins in this area.
At home, you can alleviate the patient's condition and stop many of the symptoms of this disease. But to be sure of the advisability of such treatment for varicocele, you need to see a doctor.
Tips for making home remedies
- All home remedies for varicocele treatment need to be prepared from quality raw materials. Most recipes are based on herbal ingredients, which must be carefully selected depending on the individual characteristics of the patient's body. If there is an allergy to any component, it must be excluded and another remedy chosen.
- It's great if the raw materials for making homemade medicines are grown on your own site or in an area that is well known. In this case, there is no doubt about the ecological purity of the plants. However, if this is not the case, then you can purchase raw materials only in pharmacies, where all medicinal herbs have certificates of conformity.
- It is necessary to prepare decoctions and tinctures in non-metallic containers, this will prevent the medicine from oxidation. Plastic or enameled dishes are best suited for these purposes.
High-quality raw materials and the right choice of equipment are the key to successful healing at home.
Treatment with folk remedies: recommendations for use
An important condition: treatment with folk recipes for testicular varicose veins has the right to be used only in cases where the disease has not yet gone too far. Of course, the operation can scare the patient, but the loss of time in this matter is fraught with loss of fertility.
If there is no doubt about the expediency of alternative methods aimed at treatment, then you need to thoroughly approach their use. For example, all external products are applied only to previously cleaned surfaces.
Before using a decoction or infusion on a sore area, it must be checked for an allergic reaction. To do this, a small amount of the product is applied to the inner surface of the elbow and left for half an hour. If there is no itching, burning and redness, the composition can be used as directed.
Self-prepared treatment can be carried out within 2-3 weeks. However, if there is no improvement in the first 5-7 days, you should consult an andrologist or surgeon.
Home treatment: contraindications
Home medicine knows many ways to heal varicocele on its own. If one of the components of a medicinal drug is not suitable and causes a negative reaction of the body, it can be noticed by others.
However, home remedies are contraindicated if there are obvious changes in the affected area: testicular enlargement, the appearance of a venous pattern. In this case, you should not waste time on folk recipes, and you should turn to traditional medicine, you may need to perform an operation. This is especially true for young people who are just about to become fathers, since this disease can deprive them of such an opportunity.
For this reason, parents of teenage boys should be more attentive to their children.
Children may not attach importance to the unpleasant sensations in the testicle or hesitate to talk about the problem. However, parents need to find the right words and persuade the child to start treating this ailment.
The results of alternative therapy
Treatment of venous testicular disease at home has been practiced for many years and, if all the rules are followed, it gives good results. Folk remedies can improve blood flow in the affected vessels, preventing the further development of this ailment. In addition, therapeutic baths relieve pain and tissue swelling.
The use of vitamin infusions and decoctions fights not only the symptoms of varicocele, but also increases the body's resistance to negative factors, improves overall health and prevents the development of infertility.
This disease is insidious and widespread, but with proper therapy it can be defeated and serious consequences avoided without surgery.