Table of contents:
2023 Author: Alfred Shackley | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-05-21 13:14
Treatment of trophic ulcers at the first stage is carried out using conservative methods, among which the use of special napkins can be distinguished. Today there are several similar products that are sold in pharmacies.
It is important to use such overlays correctly, otherwise there will be no result. We will present to your attention the most popular options for onlays, but only the doctor makes the final choice.
Effective wipes for the treatment of trophic ulcers on the legs
The action of such funds is aimed at cleansing wounds and removing infection. They often include mexidol and trypsin - substances that have anti-inflammatory and antibacterial effects, and they also help to break down dead cells.
Wipes for the treatment of trophic ulcers on the legs are recommended primarily if the wounds do not heal for a long time, have pus or are wet. Let's consider the most popular means of this group.
Activetex. The most popular option, for the manufacture of which knitted fabric is used.
From above, the fabric is impregnated with medicinal substances and a gel-like polymer. It is used in the initial stages of the disease, as well as after surgery.
The tool is an antiseptic, and it also relieves pain and promotes wound healing. It is Activetex for the treatment of trophic ulcers on the legs that the doctor prescribes if the wounds do not heal for a long time.
To date, several types of funds are presented, which differ from each other in the main active substance.
- Activetex F. This option is intended for general use. The active substance is furagin, which has the ability to fight various microorganisms.
- Activetex H. In them, the active substance is chlorhexidine, which is a strong antiseptic. It also promotes the resorption of hematomas.
- Activetex HF. These ulcer treatments contain substances from the two options discussed above. As a result, the effectiveness of the dressing is significantly increased. This option is recommended if the wounds are dirty and festering.
There are other options for Activetex wipes, for example, KhVIT, FOM, KhL, etc. Each option has its own purpose, but to remove ulcers from the legs, an integrated approach is often required. By the way, if a person feels severe pain, then he is recommended to cover Activetex CL, which has a local anesthetic - lidocaine.
Treatment usually takes place in two stages:
- at the first stage, it is necessary to cleanse the wound, reduce the amount of separated substances, remove inflammation and swelling. For this purpose, Activetex HF is used for 3-4 days, and then Activetex HVIT for the same amount of time. As a result, the ulcers will be completely cleared;
- after that, the treatment with pads will be aimed at stimulating wound healing, for which it is recommended to alternate the pads Activetex XVIT and FOM for 4-6 days.
Now let's move on to the method of application:
- first, you should treat the affected areas with a weak antiseptic solution, for example, miramistin, but hydrogen peroxide and potassium permanganate should not be used;
- depending on the scale of the lesion, take the necessary number of napkins and soak them in cold water, but you can also use solutions for treating wounds;
- after 10-15 seconds. a special gel will appear on the surface, which will allow you to apply a bandage with minimal pain;
- if the discharge is abundant, then apply a gauze bandage on top. Fix the top with a mesh or elastic bandage;
- another important detail - the surface of the napkins should be periodically moistened with water. Use a cotton swab or eyedropper for this purpose.
The linings are aimed at a long-term effect on the affected areas, so the time reaches 72 hours. They should be changed, focusing on the amount of discharge. If the branches are abundant, then it is worth replacing the dressing every day, and if moderate, after 2-3 days. To remove the napkin painlessly, it is recommended to moisten it abundantly. Contraindications include the presence of an allergic reaction to the components.
Proteox-TM. In appearance, this tool is a gauze napkin folded in 4 layers. It was made using the technology of immobilization of medicinal components. This coating helps to remove purulent and necrotic masses, relieve inflammation, and it also promotes healing by stimulating cellular respiration. The course of treatment depends on the size of the lesions, but on average it will be necessary to use 5-15 pieces, changing them once a day. By the way, after 2 days, the cleansing effect is noticeable.
The scheme of using Proteox-TM is identical to the reviewed instructions for Activetex.
There are only a few additional guidelines:
- firstly, it is recommended that, every 4 hours, without removing the bandage, add saline or water to it;
- secondly, it is recommended to fix the bandage with a special film coating Hydrophilm, since it retains moisture and prevents the napkin from drying out;
- when the ulcer closes by about half, it is recommended to switch to another type of napkins, which has a wound-healing effect, for example, Multiferm.
Coletex. Another option for effective pads that contain many active substances. Such lotions have a powerful wound-healing, antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory effect. Coletex promotes cell regeneration, which helps wounds to heal better.
The set includes two types of wipes: with metronidazole and chlorhexidine. The first option effectively copes with suppuration and other secretions, and the second one removes inflammation and has an antiseptic effect. The coating is applied in the same way as for the previously considered options.
Multiferm. The linings are made of modern polymer material, which is processed with special components. They consist of a healing and absorbent layer. To achieve healing of the existing lesions, you will need to apply 7-15 napkins, and the effect of each is from 24 to 48 hours. The result is noticeable after the first procedure. You can use Multiferm only after pus and necrotic tissue have been removed from the wounds.
The dressing has proteolytic, elastolytic and collagenolytic effects. Having proteolytic activity, the non-viable protein is broken down, the wound is cleansed and, as a result, the process of tissue repair is stimulated. Thanks to the improved regeneration, the risk of scar formation is reduced, and it is also worth noting that the pain syndrome is relieved. Lotion Multiferm is applied, as already discussed options. There are no side effects or contraindications.
Napkins with silver for trophic ulcers
Separately, I would like to talk about this type of linings, which use silver, which provides antimicrobial effect. The treatment is carried out due to the fact that active silver ions, in contact with ulcers, do not allow bacteria to multiply and penetrate into the deep layers of the skin. Thanks to this, after what time the wound begins to heal. It is worth noting that silver ions not only destroy bacteria, but also change their structures.
Pharmacies offer a wide range of silver pads for treating ulcers, but the most popular options are Aquasel Ag and Biaten Ag.
Keep in mind that silver can quickly evaporate, so when choosing a product, be sure to read the instructions and pay attention to this factor. The silver bandage should not be worn for more than 21 days. It is best to limit yourself to 14-15 days.
Silver dressings have contraindications that should definitely be taken into account. This is especially true for people with metal allergies.
If there are burns in the area of trophic ulcers, then such linings are contraindicated. It is also worth noting that after using such wipes, the skin around the ulcers may change color, as if it were tanned. Don't worry, this is normal and the cosmetic defect will go away.
We have presented to your attention the most popular and effective wipes for the treatment of trophic ulcers. To get the desired results, do everything according to the presented rules, not forgetting to change the dressings. Work with your doctor to find the best option for you, who will take into account your individual performance.