Table of contents:
2023 Author: Alfred Shackley | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-05-21 13:14
Trophic ulcers are defects that occur on the surface of the skin or mucous membranes. Most often, a similar disease is formed in the lower part of the lower leg on the inner surface.
In most cases, wounds cause severe pain, which sometimes bothers around the clock. That is why it is important to know what painkillers are for trophic ulcers, which we will talk about.
Trophic ulcer: how to relieve pain with medications
To completely get rid of pain, you need to start treating the disease itself. Drugs that reduce pain should be prescribed only by a doctor who conducts an examination and takes into account possible allergies, chronic diseases, etc. Choosing medicines on your own can cause serious health problems.
Today the pharmacy offers a wide range of products: tablets, ointments, solutions, powders for injections, as well as special plasters and dressings.
Consider the most commonly prescribed drugs by a doctor.
It should be said right away that the dosage is determined individually, depending on the course of the disease. In addition, one should not forget about possible contraindications and side effects, which are described in detail in the instructions attached to the drugs.
Pain relievers for trophic ulcers:
- Parmidin. The product is also sold as an ointment. Thanks to the anti-inflammatory effect, painful sensations are reduced, and puffiness is relieved. Parmidin helps to increase the resistance of blood vessels to negative factors, reducing their permeability. It restores microcirculation and reduces platelet crossbreeding;
- Lornoxicam. Such pills have not only analgesic, but also anti-inflammatory effect;
- Antistax. The main action of this medication is to increase the elasticity of blood vessels, which can reduce pressure on the walls and help relieve pain. In addition, tablets have a positive effect on the elasticity of blood vessels, which prevents fragility. Antistax relieves swelling, spasm, and also fights inflammation;
- Ketorolac. The medicine is sold in the form of tablets, as well as injections. The maximum effect can be achieved 2 hours after taking the drug, but it starts to work after half an hour. Ketorolac has analgesic, antipyretic and anti-inflammatory effects. It is worth noting that this drug is comparable in strength to a narcotic drug, but at the same time it does not affect the nervous system.
Various ointments, gels and sprays are used as a local anesthetic.
If the patient has a trophic ulcer, then most often the doctor opts for the following drugs:
- Propoceum. The action is based on the content of propolis extract, which helps to cope with pain and itching. Such an ointment is also distinguished by the presence of antiviral and antimicrobial properties, and it also accelerates the process of regeneration of damaged areas. It is allowed to use Propoceum both in the early stages of the disease, and with the development of a necrotic process and the appearance of pus;
- Dimexide. If there is a trophic ulcer, then the pain can be relieved with the help of this solution, which needs to be treated with the legs, or rather, the damaged areas. Dimexide has anesthetic and antiseptic effect, and it also destroys bacteria and removes inflammation. The popularity of the drug is due to its ability to quickly penetrate into tissues, and deliver a beneficial substance to inflammation. Dimexide is often combined with Novocaine.
- Emla. This ointment allows you to get an analgesic effect that is felt up to 4 hours.
If a trophic ulcer appears on the leg, which is accompanied by pain, then it is allowed to use solutions of natural or synthetic origin.
Among them, the following funds can be distinguished:
- Vinylin or Shostakovsky's balm. The solution has antibacterial and analgesic effects, and it will also help the ulcer heal faster. Shostakovsky's balm helps relieve inflammation and cleanse wound surfaces;
- Kalanchoe juice. The solution is obtained from the leaves and stems of the plant. It has analgesic and antimicrobial effects. Kalanchoe juice helps to accelerate the processes of regeneration of ulcerative lesions and their cleansing. It should be noted the anti-inflammatory property;
- Romazulan. The composition of the solution includes chamomile extract and essential oil, which determines the presence of anesthetic, antiseptic and deodorant effects. Romazulan helps and relieve inflammation.
Traditional painkillers for trophic ulcer of the leg
To get a good result, the traditional method of treatment can be combined with folk remedies. For example, at home, ulcers are washed with a manganese solution or celandine broth. A decoction of chamomile or oak bark will help relieve inflammation. If the inflammation is caused by an infection, then you should use the juice of aloe, Kalanchoe or plantain.
Potato or cabbage juice is suitable for washing, but vegetables are also used for compresses. If the disease is at an early stage, then compresses are made from lilac leaves and strawberries. To relieve inflammation, a powder made from willow root is suitable, but oak bark will help dry the ulcer.
Among the plants that have a good analgesic effect, one can distinguish medicinal verbena, from which poultices for the legs are prepared. They have antiseptic, anti-inflammatory and analgesic effects. It is also worth noting tincture of pine nut bark, eucalyptus oil and ordinary hops.
Effective folk recipes:
- Cottage cheese. You must use homemade cottage cheese and it is best if you cook it yourself. Wash the ulcer with the resulting serum, and then put a cottage cheese cake on top, cover with parchment paper and bandage thoroughly. Keep the compress for an hour, and then rinse the damage with an antiseptic;
- Tar. First, treat the wounds with vodka, and then soak a cotton pad in birch tar. Place it on the affected area and wrap it in place, but you do not need to overtighten the leg. Keep the compress for 2-3 days;
- Honey. To prepare the drug, you need to take an egg white, which is ground together with honey. Please note that the ingredients must be used in equal proportions. Spread the mixture over the problem area, cover with a burdock leaf on top, putting it rough side down. Secure everything with a bandage. It is worth carrying out the procedure before going to bed so as not to suffer from pain;
- Vinegar. To make a pain reliever, take 4 cloves of garlic and fill them with 700 ml of apple cider vinegar. Insist for 2 weeks. In the finished composition, moisten a piece of gauze and place it on the ulcer. Fix the top with a bandage and keep it all night.
Now you know what drugs can be used if a trophic ulcer appears on the lower extremities. To get the maximum result, be sure to select the remedy with your doctor.