Table of contents:
2023 Author: Alfred Shackley | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-05-21 13:14
Squats are a basic and one of the most effective exercises for helping to slim and beautiful legs. In this case, it is worth figuring out whether it is possible to squat with varicose veins of the legs, since the extra load on the vessels can be dangerous, which will aggravate the situation. In order not to harm your health, you need to do sports correctly.
Can you do squats for varicose veins?
The prohibition on exercising in most cases is associated with an incorrect approach to physical activity.
Many people, wanting to get a quick result, begin to train hard, performing a large number of repetitions, and even with additional weight. As a result, a person not only injures the muscles, but also overloads the vascular system, and this leads to an aggravation of varicose veins.
Finding out whether it is possible to squat with varicose veins, consider the negative consequences of uncontrolled training. First of all, the proliferation of the vascular network occurs, and the risk of thrombosis also increases.
In addition, there is a burning sensation, as well as pain and heaviness in the legs. Another unpleasant consequence is leg swelling.
The training program should be moderate and well designed. It is important to exclude static load, as well as power complexes, giving preference to light gymnastics. Moreover, sports are allowed at the initial stages of the development of the disease, and if there is a risk of thrombosis, then classes are strictly prohibited. Simple exercises, including proper squats without extra weight, are beneficial because they strengthen the walls of blood vessels and improve blood circulation.
It is important to figure out when it is forbidden to swing the lower limbs with varicose veins. During training, you should monitor your condition.
Consider the body signals at which classes should be stopped:
- the appearance of pain and burning sensation in the leg area is possible;
- other unpleasant signals - swelling of the veins, which began to bulge, as well as discoloration of the skin on the limbs;
- sports are prohibited if the legs are buzzing or cramps appear;
- the warning signal is an increase in blood pressure.
If the deviations are minor, then you can try squatting, wearing compression garments that will support the veins.
Correct squats for varicose veins of the lower extremities
If you learn how to do the exercise correctly, you may be able to improve the condition of the veins and cope with many of the unpleasant symptoms of varicose veins.
First, let's look at what exercises are, since you can squat in different ways.
- Small ones. In this case, the pelvis does not sink low, which allows you to concentrate the load on the muscles of the thighs and buttocks.
- Deep. When performing this option of squatting, the buttocks are lowered, which leads to the fact that the load is received by the maximum number of leg muscles.
- Powerlifting. In this embodiment, the main load is concentrated on the upper leg muscles, and the pelvis is lowered before the thighs become parallel to the floor. For weight loss, many choose this option.
With varicose veins, small squats are considered the most acceptable, but it is worth noting that after a certain time the load can be increased, dropping lower, thereby involving more muscles in the work. In addition, it is worth gradually increasing the number of repetitions.
At first, you can do 5 times, and then, in each workout, it is allowed to do 2-3 more repetitions. Movements should be smooth, as sharpness can provoke joint pain and other unpleasant consequences.
With varicose veins, squats should be performed as follows:
- put your feet shoulder-width apart and keep your hands down;
- bend your back a little in the lower back, but straighten your shoulders;
- start slowly going down, bending your knees;
- the pelvis should be taken back so that the knees do not go beyond the socks;
- lower as much as possible before the hips reach parallel with the floor;
- raise your hands in front of you or keep them at the waist;
- after reaching the end point, slowly return to the starting position;
- do not lift your heels off the floor, as this increases the load on the legs;
- another important point - the knees should not go to the sides and not come together, otherwise the load will go to a greater extent on them.
When dealing with varicose veins, it is recommended to alternate exercises performed in a vertical and horizontal position. Doctors recommend rest after each exercise, for which it is worth lying on your back, raising your arms and legs up, and shaking them.
It is recommended to lie down in a horizontal position for 10-15 minutes. This will relieve stress and improve blood circulation. Even after training, you can take a cool shower, directing the stream to your legs. It is recommended to supplement your workouts with daily walks in the fresh air.
Moreover, the distance traveled does not matter, since the main thing is that the body is saturated with oxygen, and this is necessary to normalize blood flow and reduce the risk of blood clots. Choose places for walking away from roads and factories.
Useful workouts for varicose veins
If the veins are dilated, this does not mean that you need to be afraid of sports, since there are directions that are not only safe, but also useful. With their help, it is possible to improve venous and lymphatic outflow, increase physical endurance, normalize artel inflow, as well as improve venous tone and peripheral circulation. As a result, the process of treating the disease will be significantly accelerated. Before choosing a sports destination, be sure to consult your doctor.
Fitness. The most successful solution is fitness in the pool, since water significantly reduces the load. In addition, water pressure reduces the risk of blood stagnation in the veins. Training in the gym or at home is not prohibited either. From strength exercises, you should choose those that are performed in a sitting and lying position. Most effective and safest: stretching, swinging and bending. As a cardio load, you should give preference to an exercise bike. The duration of the workout is no more than 30 minutes.
Activities on the steppe, aerobics, martial arts, active dances with a large number of jumps are prohibited.
When doing strength training, it is important to avoid exercises that put a lot of stress on the leg muscles. As for the use of additional weight, in case of vascular disease, it is strictly forbidden to lift more than 5 kg.
Yoga and Pilates. You might like these directions to make your body beautiful and flexible. The best solution is standing and balancing positions.
It is also recommended to pay attention to asanas that develop the pelvic region and open the popliteal ligaments. Inverted asanas will be useful for varicose veins.
Pilates is the safest direction, since it is simply impossible to get injured while exercising. This type of gymnastics helps to tighten the body, strengthen muscles, ligaments and joints. Pilates develops the pelvic floor muscles, and this is an excellent prevention of varicose veins.
Hopefully, now you have no doubts about whether it is possible to do squats for varicose veins. Use these recommendations and give preference to gentle training and then no problems should arise.