Table of contents:
2023 Author: Alfred Shackley | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-05-21 13:14
Men pay little attention to sexual health and rarely visit doctors. However, ejaculation with blood should alert even those who categorically have not turned to doctors for years.
This phenomenon occurs for various reasons and does not always indicate serious ailments, but in some cases it is a sign of dangerous diseases that cannot be dealt with on our own.
How does it happen
Normally, the seminal fluid has a light color: white, milky or light gray, this is due to the presence of sperm, and the more there are, the denser the color of the sperm. If, after ejaculation, it is found that the seminal fluid has a scarlet, brown or burgundy color, this is a reason for a man to seriously think about his health.
The appearance of blood in the ejaculate is not a very common phenomenon, which, nevertheless, has been known since ancient times. Modern doctors call it hemospermia and associate it with various pathological conditions, depending on the clinical picture of what happened. Most often, this pathology occurs in men over 40 years old.
Hemospermia is divided into true and false, these forms are easy to distinguish from each other. With the true form of the pathology, the ejaculate is evenly colored dark red or brown.
As for the false nature of the pathology, streaks of scarlet blood are observed in the seminal fluid. This phenomenon is also unpleasant and indicates a number of ailments. Such a manifestation of diseases of the male reproductive system requires an immediate visit to a specialist, since such ailments can lead to very serious consequences.
In addition, this pathological phenomenon is divided into primary and secondary. In the first case, bloody impurities in the semen occur once and this is never repeated. The second form indicates that this phenomenon occurs regularly.
Depending on the prerequisites for ejaculation with blood, it is accompanied by additional symptoms:
- pain during ejaculation;
- an admixture of blood in the urine;
- decreased sex drive and sensitivity during intimacy;
- premature ejaculation;
- increased body temperature and fever;
- weakness, decreased appetite, dizziness;
- frequent urination, which may be accompanied by pulling pains;
- pain in the perineum, groin and scrotum.
In order for the doctor to make an accurate diagnosis and prescribe treatment, he needs to provide complete and reliable information about all the negative phenomena that accompany the main complaint.
What is the reason
It is possible to talk about the causes of the pathology after it has been determined whether true or false hemospermia takes place in this case. With the true nature of the phenomenon, we can talk about diseases of the prostate gland, appendages, seminal vesicles.
In particular, the following diseases of the reproductive system are the prerequisites for this trouble:
- Prostatitis is an inflammatory disease of the prostate that affects many men between the ages of 25 and 30. The disease is insidious and at the first stages may not reveal itself in any way. But, having received development, it leads to a decrease in libido, infertility, pain during urination and the development of inflammatory processes in other organs of the genitourinary system;
- Vesiculitis is an inflammatory process that occurs in the seminal vesicles. This pathology also affects even young men and brings not only physical discomfort, but also significantly impairs the quality of seminal fluid;
- Colliculitis is an inflammation of the seminal tubercle. This disease develops due to infection from the external environment or from other inflamed pelvic organs into the urethra. This phenomenon is accompanied by pain in the perineum and false urge to urinate. In addition, with colliculitis, there is blood in the urine.
Such diseases are common, but not the only factors leading to ejaculation with blood.
False hemospermia also has serious prerequisites:
- Neoplasms in the organs of the genitourinary system. Often, blood clots in the semen are a symptom of testicular or prostate cancer. These diseases require long-term treatment and are accompanied by many complications;
- Urethritis is an inflammatory process that occurs in the urethra. This disease is widespread and occurs due to infections or viruses trapped in the urethra. Often, the inflammation spreads to other organs of the small pelvis;
- Mechanical damage in the genital area. This phenomenon is common, and not only due to blows, but also due to wearing tight clothing. But in such cases, bloody inclusions in the semen are single;
- Low blood clotting is a chronic condition that needs to be treated by several specialists.
It is impossible to ignore ejaculation with blood, since the price of carelessness can be very high. Whatever the reasons for the appearance of bloody discharge in the ejaculate, it is impossible to cope with them on your own in most cases.
How to treat it
When ejaculation occurs with inclusions of blood, treatment depends on the symptoms and causes of this phenomenon. If this trouble was of a one-time nature, and the patient did not reach the age of 40, then therapy may not be needed at all, since young men rarely suffer from oncological diseases of the genital organs. In other cases, an individual treatment regimen is required, corresponding to the clinical picture.
To get rid of diseases in the genitourinary system, various methods are used: physiotherapy, minimally invasive and surgical procedures.
Their choice depends on the diagnosis.
- Inflammatory processes in the prostate gland, seminal tubercles and vesicles are treated with electrophoresis. This procedure involves the use of direct current, as well as various drugs: Novocaine, Calcium chloride, bromine.
- Ultrasound therapy is one of the most popular forms of physiotherapy. This technique has a pronounced anti-inflammatory effect, accelerates metabolic processes, relieves puffiness, and restores sexual function.
- Magnetotherapy is a technique that is used in various medical fields. In particular, urologists use constant and alternating magnetic fields to treat inflammation of the prostate and other pelvic organs. This technique shows good results, despite the fact that it has practically no contraindications.
- If the bleeding is persistent, then endoscopic surgery may be necessary in the area of the ejaculatory ducts and seminal vesicles. This procedure allows you to eliminate pathology, avoiding long-term rehabilitation.
- In cases of cancer, specific treatment methods are required to destroy the affected cells. In many situations, surgery is required to remove the affected organs.
The health problem is often solved with the help of pharmaceutical preparations. In each case, an individual approach is used. A common feature of the treatment of various male diseases is the need for antibiotics such as Amoxiclav or Ofloxacin. Usually, treatment lasts 14 days, even if the symptoms of the disease disappeared earlier, you should not stop taking these medications.
With severe inflammation and pain, the doctor will prescribe non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs: Nurofen tablets or suppositories with Declafenac. The latter are considered more effective, since the absorption of drugs in the rectum is faster, and the drug is better absorbed without harming the digestive system.
How to avoid it
Preventive measures against bleeding during ejaculation are based on protecting the genitourinary system from injury. To do this, you need to use protection when playing sports, wear comfortable loose clothing and avoid situations that entail bruises in the area.
In addition, the regularity of sexual intercourse is of great importance for men's health. Prolonged abstinence leads to serious illnesses, which entail even greater problems, both physiological and psychological.
If blood was noticed during ejaculation, this is not a reason to despair. Most of the ailments that cause this phenomenon are cured by modern methods. The main thing is not to delay the visit to the doctor, since the prognosis of recovery depends on the stage at which the disease is detected.