Table of contents:
2023 Author: Alfred Shackley | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-05-21 13:14
Antihelminthic drugs for people with a wide spectrum of action can be used for both therapeutic and prophylactic purposes. However, they will be effective only as part of complex therapy.
Only a doctor can correctly determine which pills are suitable in a particular case, choose the dosage and determine the course of treatment.
The principles of complex treatment of helminthic invasions
It is very important to understand that it is possible to cure this or that invasive disease only if an integrated approach to therapy is applied. That is why, when certain symptoms are found, it is inappropriate to run to the nearest pharmacy for a seemingly suitable medicine.
Even if you choose an expensive and, according to advertisements, effective remedy, it may not only not help, but even cause unpleasant side effects such as diarrhea, vomiting and dizziness.
The complex treatment scheme is as follows:
- Analyzes to determine the source of the invasion. The coprogram is invariably considered the most effective method. The more accurately the type of parasite that has infected a person is established, the faster it will be possible to prescribe the necessary pills and other measures for treatment;
- Preparation for the use of antiparasitic tablets for an adult. To do this, three days in a row, you should take such chemicals as sorbents that can cleanse human organs from the waste products of parasites;
- Antihistamines They are prescribed for the body to quickly and painlessly overcome the process of intoxication, as well as to relieve inflammatory symptoms and signs of allergic reactions;
- Anthelmintic tablets for an adult. They begin to be accepted only when passing the above stages. In parallel, you can take funds aimed at protecting liver cells;
- Protein diet. You need to fill your diet with foods high in protein, and also include fermented milk products in it. It is very useful during this period to take small portions of olive oil, which contributes to the rapid removal of excess fat from the liver. It is also important to include foods that contain fiber to help keep your digestive system working properly and have regular bowel movements. Of the vitamins, the doctor prescribes a course of A, C and group B. Fast carbohydrates, which include sweets, baked goods and pasta, are completely excluded from the patient's menu.
If, upon death from antiparasitic drugs, pathogenic organisms release so many toxins that even an adult can hardly tolerate the intoxication process, the doctor may recommend cleansing enemas, laxatives, or an additional course of sorbents. These measures are taken a day after taking the pills for worms, but not simultaneously, so as not to reduce the effectiveness of the drugs.
List of broad spectrum anthelmintic pharmaceutical preparations
Many modern broad-spectrum anthelmintic pills for people effectively fight a wide variety of parasites. However, more and more cases arise when common helminths become resistant to a number of drugs. In this case, the doctor can replace the already prescribed remedy with another that can better cope with its task.
We invite you to familiarize yourself with a number of the most popular means against parasites of a wide spectrum.
The main active ingredient here is pyrantel. Thanks to him, you can quickly get rid of parasites such as pinworms, roundworms and hookworms. The medicine is produced both in the form of a suspension for children and in the form of tablets for an adult. Pirantel quickly blocks the transmission of nerve impulses of parasites in muscle tissue and paralysis.
Thanks to this action, there is a natural cleansing of the intestines from pathogenic organisms. Unlike some others, these tablets do not support the migration of parasites and do not stimulate their activity.
Instructions for use:
- Tablets "Helmintoks" can be taken by patients aged six years;
- When infested with ascaris or pinworms, the dosage in milligrams is calculated as follows: body weight multiplied by twelve and a half. The dose is taken once;
- To prevent reinfection, you can repeat the reception twenty-one days later;
- If there is a risk of ankylostomiasis or noncatorosis, the dosage is calculated slightly differently: body weight multiplied by twenty-five. The course in this case lasts two to three days;
- For hookworm invasion of a non-endemic nature, a single dosage is calculated as follows: body weight multiplied by twelve and a half;
- For young children with a mass of more than twelve kilograms, a suspension is used. Shake before use until smooth;
- Before using "Helmintoks" you do not need to take laxatives.
- Myasthenia gravis;
- Liver failure;
- Hypersensitivity to the main active ingredient or other components of the drug.
With care: children under six months, pregnant women, adults with any liver pathologies.
The active ingredient is called the same as the drug itself. It is used if an invasion of mixed forms of worms or their larvae is detected. It is used at any stage of the development of a pathogenic organism.
"Albendazole" has an effective effect on the process of formation of the high-molecular substance tubulin, stopping it, as a result of which microtubules are not formed in the intestinal area, worms lose the ability to absorb glucose.
"Albendazole" in a therapeutic concentration completely relieves the body of an adult from helminths.
"Albendazole" is a broad-spectrum drug, therefore it is capable of destroying such individuals as nematodes of various types, tapeworm cestodes, trematodes and lamblia.
Instructions for use.
Depending on the type of parasite, one or another dosage of the drug is prescribed:
- Conventional helminthiases - a dosage of four hundred milligrams at a time;
- Cysticercosis of the brain - a dosage twice the previous one. Course - from eight days to a month, depending on the appointment of a specialist;
- Strongyloidosis, cestodosis, ankylostomiasis, ascariasis, enterobiasis and giardiasis - a dosage of four hundred milligrams for three days in a row, and then three more days after three weeks.
- Age less than two years old;
- Hypersensitivity to the active ingredient of the drug;
- Pregnancy and breastfeeding.
With caution: people with any retinal pathologies that have arisen against the background of a disease such as cysticercosis, with cirrhosis of the liver, with inhibition of bone marrow hematopoiesis.
It is most often used to kill parasites such as hookworms, pinworms and roundworms in the body. Experts call it the safest of all antiparasitic drugs. In addition, it is one of the cheapest (the price is about thirty rubles).
The dosage is calculated based on factors such as weight and age.
The active active ingredient of the drug is a substance called levamisole. This medicine can be used to treat helminths in both humans and some animals. It is capable of completely removing parasites from organs in just twenty-four hours. Suitable for treating children.
The name of the main active ingredient is mebendazole. The course usually lasts three days with a repetition of the scheme in three weeks.
- Pregnant and lactating women;
- Patients with liver disease;
- Children under two years old.
Even if the above descriptions of a particular drug, in your opinion, are completely suitable for your case, you should not self-medicate and independently prescribe a course for yourself.
If any symptoms of invasion by pathogenic organisms are detected, it is necessary to immediately consult a specialist and take tests to clarify the diagnosis.
Only a doctor will be able to prescribe rational therapy, which includes not only antihelminthic drugs for people with widespread action, but also additional drugs and diet.