Table of contents:
2023 Author: Alfred Shackley | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-05-21 13:14
Mycoses - a set of diseases, united in one name by the pathogen acting on the body. The causative agents of dermatomycosis include pathogenic and opportunistic fungi. The first are fungi, which in any case cause a disease in a person, but the second exist on everyone's body, but are activated only under certain conditions predisposing to this.
- Advanced age. According to statistics, men who see a doctor for help in the treatment of candida fungus, most often of retirement age;
- Profession. Often, yeast damage to the feet and nails manifests itself in men, who, due to their professional activities, must stand or sit for a long time in uncomfortable shoes made of unnatural materials. Legs sweat, blood circulation deteriorates, which is only "on hand" to yeast fungi. People at risk include those who work as miners, steelworkers, etc. Athletes are also included in this list, in addition to heavy loads on the ankle joints, excessive sweating and long periods of being in tight shoes, they can become infected with the fungus in public places where training takes place (gym, pool, changing room or shower);
- Violation of blood circulation in some parts of the body with various diseases leads to a slow outflow of blood from them. This contributes to the activation of opportunistic pathogens and a decrease in resistance to pathogenic ones. Diseases such as diabetes mellitus, trauma, obesity, vascular disease are a good help for the appearance of a fungus;
- Weakened immunity. Quite a large group, it includes hypovitaminosis, concomitant diseases, acute and chronic, for example, the presence of the herpes virus. AIDS. Recently transferred infectious diseases, injuries, taking antibacterial drugs (remember that they affect not only bacteria, but also the beneficial flora in the body). Climate change, which in itself has a stressful effect on the immune system. Long-term and uncontrolled intake of hormonal drugs;
- Men, as well as women, can become infected with Candida from a sexual partner. It is worth remembering the precautions and the possible consequences of unprotected intercourse. Long-term and expensive treatment for yeast disease will not please anyone. The solution is to use condoms and, if possible, have a permanent sexual partner;
- Failure to comply with the rules of personal hygiene leads to a weakening of the protective function of the skin and susceptibility to the rapidly growing fungus. Better to spend two minutes washing your hands after using the restroom or returning from the street than taking a long and unsuccessful treatment for a fatiguing ailment.
Yeast damage symptoms
The fungus can affect any areas of the skin and mucous membranes, have different depths and sizes of the affected area. Depending on the localization, different clinical symptoms of the disease are distinguished.
The defeat of the penis is manifested as follows:
- Head swelling, swelling and redness;
- Soreness to touch, itching, and pain when urinating;
- Whitish discharge;
- Unpleasant sensations during coitus;
- Difficulty pulling or retracting the head.
There may be more severe manifestations of thrush if candida enters the bloodstream and spreads throughout the body. In this case, more intensive treatment and medical supervision are needed.
Often, fungal pathogens infect the scalp, causing men and women to suffer from dandruff. Besides itching and some soreness, there is some physical and aesthetic discomfort. The beginning is provoked by the excessive work of the sebaceous glands of the scalp. The fungus feeds on sebum and multiplies vigorously, which leads to exfoliation of cells - the appearance of dandruff.
The skin glands can lose their physiological attitudes in case of chronic diseases, decreased immunity, and non-observance of personal hygiene of the scalp. A dermatologist can determine the exact cause that provoked the disease and prescribe treatment.
Pathogenic and opportunistic microorganisms affect the nail plate of men, as a result of which it takes on a defective appearance: it thickens, turns yellow or becomes gray. The nail begins to crumble, causing unpleasant and painful sensations.
Infection occurs from other people carrying the fungus, through contact with infected objects. A special place is occupied by someone else's shoes. For example, house slippers, carefully offered to a guest, can bring diseases of nails and feet.
A third of men who seek treatment for fungal skin lesions have the following symptoms: skin peeling, thickening and roughness to the touch. In some cases, the foot takes on the form of a shell, completely enveloped by the pathogen. From the legs, the infection can migrate to other parts of the body, red scaly foci appear on the trunk and limbs. Sometimes palms and fingernails are even affected.
The reason for the common disease of the feet is the convenience of adhesion of fallen skin particles from people who are already ill. For example, in a large family where one person is already sick, others can get the disease by wiping their feet on the bathroom mat.
Therapy of the disease entirely depends on the area, localization of the lesion and concomitant somatic diseases. Sometimes it is worth changing the bad habit of not washing your hands after the street, starting to take care of your hair more often, and the disease will not reappear.
But in any case, the affected skin must first be cured in order to eliminate unpleasant clinical symptoms:
- "Clotrimazole": a column of cream or ointment 2 cm long is applied to the previously cleansed and dried skin 2-3 times a day;
- "Fluconazole": an ointment or cream containing an active substance that destroys fungal enzymes and interferes with their reproduction. With self-treatment, you need to monitor your well-being and strictly follow the instructions for the drug;
- "Nystatin": a tablet form of an antibacterial drug that also has an antimycotic effect. The course of treatment is up to two weeks, depending on the form and severity of the disease.
There are alternative methods of treatment, but in especially advanced cases and in the early stages of the disease, you should not risk your health. The financial side may be the same, but the effect will be different. In some cases, the symptoms of other diseases are similar to those of yeast, and improper therapy will only make you feel worse.
Remember that the doctor prescribes treatment after taking a history and examining the sore spot. After treatment, in order to avoid repeated relapses, preventive measures must be followed.
In order for the ailment to bypass you, the following will be useful:
- Compliance with the rules of personal hygiene;
- Wearing shoes made from natural materials;
- Wearing shale in the pool, shower;
- Timely shampooing;
- Prevention of hypovitaminosis in the autumn and spring periods;
- Proper nutrition, healthy sleep;
- Avoiding stress;
- Walks in the open air;
- Ventilation of premises.
Yeast diseases are quite common in men. But with a timely examination, the prognosis will be favorable, because early diagnostics and treatment are the key to a speedy cure and the absence of complications.