Table of contents:
2023 Author: Alfred Shackley | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-05-21 13:14
If you notice dry epithelium flakes on your cheeks or in the corners of your mouth, you may need an anti-peeling cream on your face. With the help of such a tool, you can solve the problem completely, or at least prevent its spread. However, it is extremely important to choose the right formulation so as not to get the opposite effect.
Peeling causes and accompanying symptoms
Facial skin is very delicate and extremely susceptible to environmental factors. In addition, it is an indicator of the internal state of the body. Therefore, when creating unfavorable conditions, various problems arise: rash, redness and flaking. Dryness, exfoliation of epidermal scales, itching, discomfort - this is a reason to contact a dermatologist or your beautician.
In order to solve the problem, it is necessary to direct efforts not so much to its symptoms as to eliminate the causes.
The following factors can provoke peeling of the skin:
- vitamin deficiency and unbalanced nutrition;
- hormonal disruptions;
- problems with the gastrointestinal tract;
- allergic reaction;
- dry air;
- frost or extreme heat, weathering;
- exposure to ultraviolet radiation;
- the use of inappropriate cosmetics;
- reaction to chemistry;
- dehydration of the body;
- skin diseases;
- traumatic damage to the skin.
Various vitamins and supplements, medications and antiallergic agents are used to relieve discomfort and treat the problem. Creams should be singled out separately, as they have a local effect and can bring instant relief.
Tasks of the cream
When choosing an anti-peeling cream, it is important to highlight the main tasks that this product should perform. Depending on the reasons for the appearance of the defect, they may differ, so you need to focus on the individual characteristics and the general condition of the body.
The key tasks of such funds are:
- intense hydration;
- saturation of all layers of the skin with nutrients and vitamins;
- softening the top layer;
- preventing the spread of peeling to healthy areas;
- removal of the dead layer;
- restoration of damaged epithelium;
- stimulation of cell nutrition by improving microcirculation in tissues;
- launching regenerative processes;
- removal of irritation;
- relief of an allergic reaction;
- elimination of itching and other unpleasant sensations;
- restoration of skin turgor and elasticity;
- antiseptic effect;
- protection from damage.
Naturally, one drug is not able to cover all areas. In most cases, this is not required, since the cause of the problem is mainly associated with one or two influencing factors. That is why it is recommended to select funds for treatment and facial care in conjunction with a specialist, based on the research carried out.
With increased sensitivity, it is necessary to act proactively and carry out preventive measures in advance, for example, during the heating season or in adverse weather conditions. And to prevent the development of an allergic reaction, it is recommended to use products that contain a small amount of components.
If you often have the problem of flaking skin, it makes sense to purchase special products in the form of creams at a pharmacy or a specialized beauty salon that will help solve it.
In order for the ointment to have the expected effect, it must contain the following components:
- Hyaluronic acid. Promotes moisture retention in tissues and improves turgor indicators, but it is ineffective as part of surface preparations;
- Vegetable oils. Add to cream for dry skin, block moisture loss and soften;
- Urea. Promotes intense hydration of the skin;
- Dexpanthenol. Relieves inflammation and stimulates the restoration of the skin;
- Allantoin. Relieves inflammation and accelerates the healing of microtraumas;
- Hydrocortisone. Affects the causes of dermatitis, relieves allergies and inflammation, is a hormonal agent;
- Fruit acids. Dissolve dead cells, but are contraindicated with severe irritation;
- Glycerol. Retains moisture, stabilizes water balance;
- Collagen and elastin. Prevent moisture loss, restore skin elasticity and firmness;
- Beeswax. Beekeeping products soften, regenerate, nourish the skin, but can provoke allergies;
- Vitamins. Especially valuable are the "beauty vitamins" - A, E and P. They restore and nourish tissues, are indispensable for vitamin deficiency, in particular, in winter.
In addition, plant and seaweed extracts may be included in anti-peeling cosmetics. They relieve inflammation, have an antibacterial effect and stimulate tissue repair processes.
Examples of suitable remedies include:
- aloe gel extract;
- creams of famous cosmetic brands.
Not only purchased creams, but also various folk remedies are able to cope with peeling. They are prepared on the basis of natural ingredients, but some of them, with individual sensitivity, can provoke irritation and allergies. A wrist test is recommended before use.
The following are considered the most effective recipes:
- Oatmeal with milk. Prepare a nourishing skin mask using ground oatmeal boiled in milk. Additionally, it has a mild exfoliating effect;
- Banana. Mash a ripe banana, add honey and milk, and apply the mask for 15-20 minutes;
- Pear pulp;
- Peach. Ripe homemade peaches are peeled, the pulp is kneaded with a fork and applied to the face. In addition to vitamins and minerals, fruit acids play a role;
- Butter. On the basis of a homemade natural product, you can prepare a multicomponent ointment using decoctions of herbs, animal vegetable fats, and also beeswax as an emulsifier. Melted butter is also used on its own;
- Sour cream. Fatty sour cream softens and relieves irritation, forms a protective film;
- Honey with egg yolk. This nourishing and softening mask has a rejuvenating effect. It is prepared from raw egg yolk, pounded with unsweetened honey;
- Fine salt. Mix salt with lather and massage your face in a circular motion. Such a scrub will relieve you of the manifestations of flaking. Additionally, you need to moisturize the skin after the procedure or apply a nourishing cream;
- It is useful to apply shea butter, almond, avocado, olive, coconut, grape, peach, apricot kernel, macadamia oil, etc. to the skin.
Such remedies have not so much a curative as a cosmetic effect. They help to restore beauty and preserve youth, protect against negative environmental influences, nourish with vitamins.
However, in the presence of problems that are associated with health changes, for example, with hormonal disruptions, dermatitis, allergies and similar pathologies, they are practically powerless, since they are not able to act on the very cause that provoked a deterioration in the condition of the skin.
Both pharmacy and traditional medicines have contraindications and restrictions in terms of their use. Ignoring these conditions can lead to aggravation of the problem or lack of any result. In addition, with sensitivity to the components, there is a risk of developing allergies. This reaction is expressed in increased peeling of the skin, the appearance of redness, abscesses and itching, lacrimation, coughing, edema.
Some pharmacy creams have specific properties, which imply a ban on their use in the presence of certain health problems. If the cause of the peeling is a fungus or infection, and the woman is in position or is breastfeeding, the treatment is agreed with the doctor. Although local agents rarely penetrate the placental barrier, the proportion of risk to the fetus must be considered.
In any case, it is better to clarify in advance the need to use certain means to improve the condition of the skin. Correctly selected cream will quickly solve your problem and your face will become healthy and attractive again!