Table of contents:
2023 Author: Alfred Shackley | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-05-21 13:14
With the development of parasitic diseases, it is not a separate organ that suffers, but the whole organism as a whole. If you suspect you have this or any other disease, contact a specialist immediately who will prescribe diagnostic procedures for you.
Stool microscopy gradually fades into the background. To date, the most highly effective types of research are blood tests for helminths.
ELISA or ELISA blood test for helminths
The most demanded and widespread parasite test at the present time. The essence of the method lies in the recognition of an antigen using several immunological reactions.
This study has two components: the immune response and the enzymatic response. They are interconnected.
If there is no enzyme part, then we will not be able to evaluate the results of the completed first. With the help of the immune response, we look for antigens, and enzymes help to estimate their amount.
Immune response - what is it?
The reaction of the formation of an "antigen-antibody" complex is called immune. An antigen is an element of the immune system that carries certain information and is unmatched. When it enters another organism, it is considered foreign, antibodies rush to it to scan this component and destroy it.
Antibodies - all sorts of things are important for the body, all sorts of things are needed for the body
Antibodies are special particles of our body that act as defenders against dangerous enemies of health. They perform the function of antigen recognition. Connecting with it, they read information, determining whether it is a foreign cell or one's own.
There are 5 classes of antibodies called immunoglobulins. Each of them carries specific information. They are designated by capital letters of the Latin alphabet: A, M, G, E, D. To determine the presence of parasites in the body, we will be interested in the first three classes.
What can and cannot be done before donating blood?
- At least fourteen days before the procedure, you must stop taking medications, if this is not possible for health reasons, consult your doctor;
- Eat light food 8-10 hours before taking blood;
- The manipulation is carried out on an empty stomach, you can only drink water;
- Limit physical activity on the last day before taking the test.
What helminths can be detected using ELISA?
So what kind of parasites will help to identify the donation of blood?
Interpretation of analysis results
ELISA results are recorded using immunoglobulins of three classes - A, M, G.
The list of results given to you may contain the following combinations:
- Ig M (+) Ig A (+) Ig G (-) - the course of the disease in the acute stage;
- Ig M (-) Ig A (-) Ig G (+) - chronic stage of the disease;
- Ig M (+) Ig A (+) Ig G (+) - exacerbation of chronic infection;
- Ig M (-) Ig A (-) Ig G (-) - negative result.
In addition to the presence of certain antibodies, there may be a quantitative designation. The doctor will explain these numbers to you.
The advantages of the method:
- It is possible to diagnose helminthiasis in the early stages of development;
- Highly specific diagnostic method;
- Short terms for obtaining the result;
- Low cost;
- The ability to control the disease;
- All stages of work are carried out on automated equipment.
Hemoscanning or detection of parasites in a living drop of blood
Today, most of the work in all spheres of human activity is performed by automated equipment. So in laboratory diagnostics, hemoscanning is considered the newest diagnostic method. For this, a dark-field microscope is used, which is connected to a personal computer.
The study requires one drop of capillary blood. It is placed on a glass slide, which is placed under the eyepiece of the microscope. The laboratory assistant sets a high magnification, and this blood picture is transmitted to the computer monitor.
Thus, the patient himself can observe the phenomena occurring in his biomaterial. Many patients manage to see amazing pictures of how the parasite in their blood attracts red blood cells and draws out all the nutrients from them.
Preparation for the procedure is quite simple:
- Last meal 3-4 hours before blood sampling;
- On the day of the test, do not eat fatty, heavy, sweet foods.
The hemoscanning procedure lasts up to one hour. Then the specialist will give you an opinion.
In addition to identifying parasites, hemoscanning can be used to assess:
- shaped elements of blood;
- hormonal state of the body;
- the presence of free radicals and their effect on blood cells;
- the shape of erythrocytes, their size, color, location in a drop of blood, is there a predisposition to sticking together;
- the number and qualitative composition of leukocytes;
- the condition of platelets, their number, the risk of thrombus formation;
- the presence in blood plasma of cholesterol, glucose;
- mineral metabolism;
- harmful and toxic substances.
- Test for the functioning of all organs and systems of the body;
- Only a drop of blood is required for such a survey study;
- No additional reagents required;
- Monitoring the "boiling life" of blood in real time.
PCR diagnostics of helminthiasis
Polymerase chain reaction is a laboratory test that was discovered over 25 years ago. Over the years, it has been improved and is being fully used today.
The components of this reaction are sections of DNA or RNA. In the body of all creatures, information about cells is stored in the nucleic acids of the genome.
With the help of this diagnostic method, the DNA regions of the parasite are detected in the patient's peripheral blood, even if it is alive or dead. The downside of PCR diagnostics is that it is impossible to determine the extent of the invasion. And the plus is a specific one hundred percent accurate result.
But, in addition to these methods, today one of the newest methods of diagnosing helminths is used - bioresonance diagnostics.
The manipulation is simple and painless. With the help of special electromagnetic sensors, which are built into the headphones, wave oscillations with a certain frequency spectrum, which are emitted by parasites, are captured.
This method is unique, as it is able to identify the helminth at any stage of the life cycle, determine the place of parasitism and tell about the state of the affected organ. In addition, this equipment can indicate processes in the body that are not yet a disease, but can lead to it. The reliability of manipulation reaches 98%.
- Fast and accurate identification of the parasite;
- Manipulation that does not violate the integrity of the skin and does not cause pain and discomfort to the patient;
- In addition to identifying helminths, other alarming processes in the body can be identified;
- It can be used in both adults and children.
In conclusion, I would like to say that today medicine has reached tremendous heights in the field of laboratory diagnostics, but it does not stop there and develops new methods that are more automated, require less research costs and do not bring discomfort to patients.