Table of contents:
2023 Author: Alfred Shackley | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-05-21 13:14
Dry skin can cause discomfort around the eyes. The feeling of tightness is often the cause of discomfort and irritability.
Not to mention the fact that this condition contributes to the appearance of wrinkles, and the result is premature aging of the skin. Why it happens?
Causes of dry skin around the eyes
The area around the eyes is the most delicate and vulnerable. This is due to the peculiarities of its structure. In this zone, the thinnest layer of skin is located, there is no fatty tissue, but a huge number of blood vessels are located.
All this makes the skin more susceptible to changes in the environment, as well as to the internal processes of the body.
The presence of such reasons as lack of sleep, fatigue, poor diet, smoking, alcohol, lack of vitamins, minerals plunges the eyelid area into the risk zone.
The reason may be improper care, poor quality creams or abuse of professional products. Which, as you know, penetrating deep into the pores, clog their ducts, which makes the epidermis dry, causing the symptoms of premature aging.
Discomfort can be caused by various allergic reactions, as well as inflammatory diseases of the eyelids.
Dry skin around the eyes, what to do?
As soon as there are warning signs, the first step is to try to find out their cause. If, in addition to dryness, there is redness, itching, swelling, you should consult a doctor, and then follow his recommendations.
If the problem is only of a cosmetic nature, then there is a sea of creams or methods that are ready to help in this situation. You can go for procedures in beauty salons or start fighting with drugs sold in pharmacies, or you can resort to simple recipes of traditional medicine. Any remedy is selected individually, depending on the age, condition of the skin, as well as its reaction to various substances.
Beauty salons can offer the following procedures:
- Impact of microcurrents. Thanks to this method, metabolic processes are normalized. Due to the addition of medicinal substances, there is a very intense hydration, nutrition, stimulation of cells, as well as smoothing of wrinkles.
- Professional massage improves blood circulation, promotes intense nutrition and hydration.
- Mesotherapy fights dry skin wrinkles. The action is based on magnetic waves affecting the problem area, where medicinal substances are preliminarily applied. As a result, there is an improvement in metabolic processes, stimulation of the production of substances responsible for elasticity.
- Hyaluronic acid injections smooth out wrinkles. Penetrating deep into the tissues, they stimulate its hydration.
- Laser resurfacing reduces blemishes and also improves blood circulation, healthier color.
All of these methods are very effective in combating not only dryness, but also age-related changes. However, you should remember about contraindications. As a daily care, they are unlikely to work.
In pharmacies you can buy:
- Aevit (contains vitamins A, E). The oil very well nourishes, restores the skin around the eyes.
- Placental masks nourish and tone the skin around the eyelids. They are applied, then washed off.
- Creams or gels based on extracts of chamomile, nettle, green tea with the addition of vitamins A, E, intensively nourish and moisturize the area around the eyes. After application, leave overnight.
These drugs are not only very effective but also easy to use. They are suitable for daily grooming. However, you should always pay attention to the composition of the components. It is better to use them with caution, as the heavy texture is an additional burden for thin skin. After applying a small amount of substance with light movements, remove the residues with a napkin.
Folk remedies include:
- Ice wiping. At the same time, elasticity increases, blood circulation improves. If, when making ice, add a decoction of chamomile, sage or calendula to the water, then there will be a calming, anti-inflammatory effect.
- A light massage around the eyes using olive oil will help moisturize, improve blood circulation, and smooth fine wrinkles. The massage should be done very gently, lightly patting the surface.
- The tea compress is good at moisturizing the dry area around the eyes. To do this, you need to brew green tea, blot with a cotton swab, and then put on the area around the eyes.
- A milk compress is an excellent moisturizer. To do this, it must be boiled, cooled, blotted with a cotton swab, and then put on the area around the eyes.
- Not only moisturizes, but also relieves eyelid fatigue with a compress of cucumber juice. To do this, cotton swabs are moistened in juice, then put on the eyelids. Or, you can simply add the sliced cucumber slices separately.
These funds are less effective in case of pronounced age-related changes, but they have huge advantages due to the fact that they are natural, and also have the least number of contraindications, side effects, do not require much time, and are also suitable for daily care.
It is necessary to carry out daily care of the skin around the eyes. This includes: cleansing, nutrition, hydration. When using decorative cosmetics, it must be washed off at night with special eyelid fluids. It is better to choose products made from natural ingredients that do not cause allergic reactions.
It is necessary to use sunscreen. If the work is connected with a computer, then be sure to take breaks and relaxing exercises for the eyes. In general, a balanced diet rich in vitamins and minerals, regular physical activity, healthy sleep are some of the main methods of preventing the appearance of problems with the skin around the eyes.
If there is a feeling of tightness or dryness around the eyes, the first step is to understand why this happened.
Sometimes it is enough to change your lifestyle or care products, and the unpleasant symptoms will go away on their own. By taking the necessary measures in time, you can preserve not only health, but also youth.